edited July 2020
    minstrelofsarcasm
    Week Four

Weigh In Day: Wednesdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 166.8 (July 16th)
    CW (Current Weight): 167.2 (July 22nd)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 66.8 lbs

Reflection

Workouts this past week: 6 spin classes, 30ish miles walked outside, 18 total minutes of planks

Food this past week: One day of stress eating (I will always love you PB, even if you don't love me back), but mostly on track.

A 0.4 lb gain with an overall loss for the month so far? I can work with that. We'll see how my weight looks tomorrow after my rest day today. Maybe I'll switch my weigh-days to Thursdays if it seems as if my rest days clear out my water retention (because my spin class x2 from yesterday is very likely holding onto that previous H2O).
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,647 Member
    @1theresamcvean I have her first book. I will check out the new one. Just ordered Cookie and Kate’s cookbook. She sends me emails. Just received 29 best summer salads. I want to make them all!!!
    @Cafelelia thanks for spoiler tip. I will use it for future food pics.
    My goal was 153. I can live with this weight since I lost 2.8 last week. I need to lose 1.4 by next week to stay on track for birthday goal. I can do it!!!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Tuesday Check In
    Food - IF
    Water - 2 l
    Exercise - 2 walks totally in 4 km
    Good day yesterday. We had another break in the heat wave and it was so nice outside. I decided to have a break week from higher intensity exercise as I feel like I need it. I am doing shorter walks, plus some weights and abdominal work. Thanks to the pandemic, this summer kind of feels like the summers of my childhood, when kids did not attend so many activities and it was the early part of the digital age (we did have “Pong” and then later, Atari and a first generation Mac). The pace feels slower. People are just hanging out, sitting in their yards or on decks and porches, some working, some not. Kids are doing a lot of activities that are not related to electronics and seem to have taken over certain streets in our neighbourhood with sidewalk chalk drawings, bikes, basketball nets, street hockey and homemade skateboard ramps. It feels like a little silver lining during this terrible time.

@Mrsbell8well - Very smart of you to look at the overall loss, which is excellent. You are do so well! As for the spoilers, please just use your judgement on how to use them.

@minstrelofsarcasm - Again, great way of looking at your way in by looking at your overall loss so far. I am in absolute awe of your level of activity as well. Do you do track any metrics related to muscle mass and cardiovascular fitness? And also, just remember that peanut butter loves you back, but loves you too much and thinks that you should just be friends.

@melaniedscott - That is not a big increase, and you are right that it is likely related to not feeling well, eating more and not sleeping well. You can refocus today. If you are finding that you have those days where you eat everything, maybe look at what you are eating on the other days? Maybe you need to change up the foods you are eating a bit and eat some that fill you more. Then there is also sleep and water. We all have to play around with this formula to get it right and then adjust again at times. Love that graphic, it is so true!

@Freeglerock - Amazing loss and it is incredible that you are at your lightest weight in 20 years! Congratulations on that wonderful NSV! It must have felt so wonderful to try on those old clothes. You should keep an old uni dress for your daughter for when she is older, just so she can see first hand what fashion was like then. I hope that you are tracking in some photos for yourself as that can be really motivational. It is a huge credit to you that have stuck with it, through good and bad times. We love having you on the team, and don’t worry about posting.

@podperson1 - I am sorry that you have had a tough time, but don’t give up! We are for you whenever you need us. That means please feel free to post when things are not going well. As Pam has said in the past, that is when you need to post the most.

@annliz23 - Omg, amazing day! Such an impressive amount of steps! Jogging on the spot is good and I find it better for the knees that treadmills. And cleaning is absolutely a great workout. You are doing great!

@tryingagain5 - Really good day, and yes, water intake can really have an impact on hunger. So great that you working regularly and getting some overtime too.

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    edited July 2020
    KristieJC wrote: »
    I’m really enjoying the camping trip (except for the kids - teenaged girls can be SO difficult!). I’ve been riding my bike and then kayaking every morning. Every day I’ve seen deer on my ride, including three fawns that still have their spots. Couldn’t get close enough to get decent pics though. You have to zoom way in and look really close to see that this mama has two fawns. 435rfc534a6g.jpeg

Great shot, Kristie, and nice smooth-looking road for cycling too.
  • Cafelelia
    @tryingagain5 - You did it! Onederland! You have been really working so hard and it is paying off! Congratulations!

@KristieJC - What a lovely photo! Enjoy your trip!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    edited July 2020
    @Cafelelia - I used to keep track of my measurements, but haven't caught up to that in a while. Had a few hiccups over the past year that really threw me off my game. I do have a spreadsheet to keep track of all of the statistics from my spin classes, but that's become more of something I do because people expect it of me, and less of something that really benefits me much anymore, since there's only so much more I can really improve on a stationary bike.

I'm also working my way up to being able to hold a 7-minute plank. My record was 6m41s before I went on a work trip and didn't remember to bring my yoga mat (and the carpet of the hotel room hurt like a (ahem) jerk).

Now I'm thinking of grabbing a few measurements and calculating my body fat percentage. I'm probably still in the upper-mid 20s (EDIT: just checked - 27.2% body fat).
  • Cafelelia
    @minstrelofsarcasm - 27.2% is really great! I just read some research that the 20’s range for women is great. When I was running, I use to use a variety of metrics and then I stopped when I was injurying. I just started again with my Eufylife scale and good, old-fashioned waist circumference measurements. I have an applewatch and track my VO2Max. That is one that I really want to improve.
  • lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member

@lenka1
    That's a great screen shot. There's definitely a part of weight loss that involves the mental aspect. Everyone is at a different place in their progress, either on the scale or in the mental aspect of it. Some of us (me) forget that any progress, scale or mental is progress. I tend to look at how far I still have to go instead of looking back and seeing the progress I have already made. Others always point out to me what I have done and tell me not to forget that because what you have done is just as important (or possibly more important since it shows that you are able to do it. That's not to say it won't be hard because it will be but as the saying goes "anything hard is worth it")

I guess that's why my trainer has to remind of the "progress not perfection" and " baby steps" all the time.

100%!!!
    Even though we all have the same goals - lose weight and get healthier- we have different journeys with different obstacles.

It’s so hard to see/acknowledge progress sometimes, especially if it’s the mental one.

And I agree - We need to look both ways - not just what’s left to get to the goal but also how much we already were able to accomplish. Every little step counts,
    Every pound closer to the goal shows dedication.
    Weight loss is never gonna be a straight line but it surely will be a line going down hill if we keep trying. :smile:
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    @cafelelia
    Thanks! Now to keep going down.😁
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Wednesday 7/22
    Food: good
    Water: 32 oz
    Exercise: 30 minute walk

I helped out at church for a while today. They're working on a new directory and needed someone to type some of the information so the person who does the changes has everything in one place.

After that I went to the hospital's walking group. Today was the first day they've been able to do it in 4 months. It was a small group today but nice to see them.
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    @tryingagain5 Congratulations! Stop and smell the roses today. I'm so happy for you.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    pacsnc6
    Thursday weigh day
    week 4?
    pw 161.1
    cw 161.8

I'll take that as I have been so hungry lately and eating everything and anything
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    07/22 steps 10663
This discussion has been closed.