Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ Want to Lose some Weight? ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ
    Eat in Front of a Mirror
    NAKED!!! :p

JULY GOALS ---

(1) Log all food and beverages honestly; Drink 10+ water [ MEASURE EVERYTHING !!]
    (2) Exercise 30 min minimum (3000 steps)
    (3) Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter

Tasks for Today ---
    Do 20 min stretches and 30 min of walking
    Feed & Water animals -- done
    Go to Farmer's Market for fresh veggies and Lake Trout
    Meet with Financial Planner
    Water outside plants -- done

Trying a new recipe tonight. Mandarin Orange glazed ham steak. This steak is enough to feed a family of 6, I swear!! We'll have enough left over for another 2-3 meals. AMAZING!! only did one steak this way, enough for the two of us and lunch for granddaughter the next day.

Tonight -- pan fried ham steak with maple syrup, apple cider, and mustard glaze.

Have a great day Y'All!! ๐Ÿ’
  • cesse47
    @pridesabtch -- you said "I have "hungry/snacky" days!!" ME TOO!! seems to start as soon as you roll out of bed and drag on thru the day.

@cschmitz110515 -- you're lucky she fessed up to the accident! a lot just drive away. At least her insurance should cover the repair ... just the frustration of taking the time to deal with it. Hang in there!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Thursday
    1. Therapy exercises: crunches, lunges, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Check email. Write everything down before it goes in the mouth. AM walk. Bike ride?
    3. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Check green room for paintbrushes and donations.
    4. Lunch: soup. Write a blog post - album? Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort
    5. Write a letter. Dinner: leftovers. 1 hr writing: letter to B.
    6. Color! 1 hr reading. RUN LINES. Type BS jobs. Pay for sleep study.
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    8. Writing: Album post. Message Z. Rehearsal 7-9. Need to work on unit plan for research.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, lunges, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. SHBP screening - August? Thursday visit parents - take photos. MH Monday check-in; Whatever Wednesday AMA.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of January: 194.6
    End of February: 196.2
    End of March: 193.8
    End of April: 192.6
    End of May: 191.8
    End of June: 192.2
    Today: 191.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning. PCP July 15 10:30. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots? left toe joints. Sleep center 778 3316.
    7. Theater: 1984.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Google Hangout. Dinners?
    12. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Progress. I'm so tired.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,724 Member
    Okay, here we go!
    Matt's still having chest pains and had to call out of work. He suffers from costochondritis which is the swelling of the muscles in his chest. He doesn't have flare ups often but when he does they can be debilitating. This one has lasted 4 days. We're hoping that today will be the last day.

I suffer from that too, when I first had it I thought I was having a heart attack. I would convince myself it wasnโ€™t and struggled for a month before going to a doctor. I got it under control with Aleve. Then the next flare up it affected my lower rib area more than the heart area. I ended up taking Aleve for about 6 months straight and knock on wood havenโ€™t had a flare up in about 2 years now.

• Snowflake1968
    @pridesabtch - so happy your spot was clean! My cousin has had a terrible time with what she thought was a dry skin patch on her nose. It was barely noticeable. She has had to have a 7 hour surgery that was way up in her forehead, had to have her nose rebuilt, itโ€™s been very traumatic but thankfully they got it all!
  • Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    Daily habits: track, exercise, journal
    Wednesday Action Plan
    1. Up by 7, pill, timer, weigh๐Ÿ˜€
    2. Shower, pill๐Ÿ˜€
    3. Breakfast = yogurt + Kashi ๐Ÿ˜€
    4. Lunch = salad + protein๐Ÿ˜€
    5. Weights at 3๐Ÿ˜€
    6. Ask DH to get salad and chicken at store ๐Ÿ˜€
    7. Walk after work๐Ÿ˜€
    8. Dinner =?๐Ÿ˜€
    9. Make 3 salads, ๐Ÿ˜€roast chicken for protein๐Ÿ‘ฟ
    10. Upstairs by 9๐Ÿ˜€
    11. Plan Thursday workout๐Ÿ˜€
    12. Layout clothes๐Ÿ˜€
    13. Journal๐Ÿ˜€
    14. meditate๐Ÿ‘ฟ
    15. Lights out by 10๐Ÿคž

Another good, on track day. Scale was kind enough this morning, hope it continues. Just cranking out the work week right now.

Daily habits: track, exercise, journal
    Thursday Action Plan
    1. Up by 6:45, pill, timer, weigh
    2. Shower, pill
    3. Breakfast = yogurt + Kashi
    4. On video 0755
    5. Lunch = salad + protein
    6. Weights at 10
    7. Ask DH to get cauliflower rice, Brussel sprouts, and fresh berries
    8. Walk after work
    9. Dinner =?
    10. Make roast chicken for lunch protein
    11. Upstairs by 9
    12. Plan Friday workout
    13. Layout clothes
    14. Journal
    15. meditate
    16. Lights out by 10

July personal challenge
    Bicep emoji if I got in at least 1 push-up; Yoga figure if I set my intention before eating
    July 22: ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿง˜

GRATITUDE: I am grateful for my health and the ability to keep improving it.

WOTY: Habits
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,030 Member
    ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ
    I choose to feed my body the nutrition it needs
    and feed my mind with the quality thoughts it deserves

๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

โ›ฑ๐ŸŽก๐ŸŽข๐ŸŽ ๐Ÿ• JULY ๐Ÿ•๐ŸŽ ๐ŸŽข๐Ÿ•โ›ฑ

To all those essential workers still going out there....
    ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป Thank you for your service ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป
    Everyone else, please stay home!!!

What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to โ€˜talkโ€™ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! ๐Ÿ˜‚
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
      Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri

SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 150

Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! ๐Ÿ˜‚)
      Jun: +0.2
      Weight has stabilised around 151.

July Daily Goals: Week 4
      Su: โœ… Mo: โœ… Tu: โœ… We: โœ…
      Th: Fr: Sa:
      Good day yesterday, but overdid the carbs๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ
      Reduce Fat%:โœ… 29.3 -> 27.1 25.2
      Increase Muscle%: โœ… 28.7->30.1 30.3
      Calories < in the green ๐Ÿ
      Steps > 7500 ๐Ÿ 8213
      Weight < 155 ๐Ÿ 151.1; 150.8 150.6
      Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily๐Ÿ 119
      Active hours > 6 daily๐Ÿ 9
      Activities I got to do
      Meditationโœ… walk/jogโœ…
      Essentials shoppingโœ…
      Answer email repliesโœ…
      Laundry fold/stowโœ… Crochetโœ…
      Puzzlesโœ… Watch TVโœ…
    • SERmom3
      SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
      WEDNESDAY:
      - Log it all๐ŸŸข / stay green๐ŸŸข
      - NO CHIPS๐ŸŸข
      - housework๐ŸŸข / more paperwork๐ŸŸข
      - E softball game๐ŸŸข
      - Contact church about summer program๐ŸŸข

Clean sweep yesterday, more of the same today.

JFT THURSDAY:
      - Log it all / stay green
      - NO CHIPS!
      - Visit nephew
      - Housework
      - school work with kiddos

JULY CHALLENGE:
      In an attempt to refocus this month, Iโ€™ve decided to try and give up chips. This will be extremely difficult. I eat them almost daily. They are my weakness. Iโ€™m using a bikini as my emoji, since that will be a goal for next summer!

*************NO CHIP CHALLENGE*************

July 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22
      ๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™
    • littleblackskirt
      littleblackskirt Posts: 940 Member

@pridesabtch , hope your daughter enjoys her photo shoot. I had to look up balayage, looks lovely!
      JFT Wednesday 22nd July

Log everything yes
      Stay in the green yes
      Back exercises yes
      5 fruit and veg 6
      Collect tablets from shop yes
      Walk walked to the pharmacy in the rain, 35 minutes
      Housework yes
      Ironing yes

JFT Thursday 23rd July

Log everything
      Stay in the green
      Back exercises
      5 fruit and veg
      Walk, it's raining again!
      Finish ironing
      Babysit + dog sit
      Must must must sort out a present for son's birthday, will need to order something
    • teigansdad
      teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
      edited July 2020
      Wednesday goals 4 dats till ORAMM
      Stay greenโœ…
      Fruit and vegetables for snacksโœ…
      Win raceโœ…๐Ÿ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘

Thursday goals 3 days to ORAMM
      Well got a email yesterday saying that the blue Ridge Parkway pulled the race permit for Sunday so they had to change the race. Itโ€™s now 50 miles down from 60 & has 3000 feet less climbing. Iโ€™m really disappointed because my goals for over a year have been to have a certain finish time at the race. Now itโ€™s essentially an entirely different race so donโ€™t really know what to aim for.. goal is less than 5 hrs now. Oh well.

Goals
      Stay green
      1 hr recovery pace ride on trainer
      Clean bike add tire sealant and set bike up for. Race
      Look at bills
      Only fruit and vegetables for snack

• HEGoddard0928
      HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
      Today's goals are:
      - Up at 9๐Ÿ˜
      - Appt @ 1:15 ๐Ÿ˜So of course the stupid settings on my phone were wrong so I had to force close all the apps except google to make the damn video call go through. But it eventually did. Thank God! I have to call an set up an in office visit for 6 weeks.
      - Write sleep article ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Took two hours but have gotten nothing but amazing feedback on it! Everyone was saying that the subject matter was spot on too! I'll include a link below.
      - 2 hrs on website ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ
      - Research 2nd article ๐Ÿ˜
      - 3 5/5 articles ๐Ÿ˜
      - Post๐Ÿ˜
      - Research tech companies ๐Ÿ˜Did you know that there are more than 200 mental health apps on the Google Play store?
      - Check paystub ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ™ƒ Matt's manager never put in his sick time for last week so he's missing two full work days worth of pay...Weeeeee

Yesterday was just kind of normal I guess. Matt worked. @Snowflake1968 Aleve has been Matt's saving grace for when he's at work.
      Oh! I got an offer to do a guest blog post about bipolar on a health website! Its unpaid but I can use it as a profile piece and get a testimonial for my business site! I'm super excited! I've also been updating my LinkedIn profile too. So if anyone has one please feel free to add me! My full name is Hannah Smith.
      Umm... I'm going to start writing my second profile piece in like 20 minutes about the correlation between what we eat and how we feel.

Today I will:
      - Up @ 9
      - JFT
      - Reach out to 3 blogs
      - Read 5/5 articles
      - 2 hrs on website
      - Shower
      - Do preliminary research on other topics
      - Update internet bookmarks

Article:

The Effects of Poor Sleep on Bipolar Disorder

https://medium.com/@hgsmith0920/the-effects-of-poor-sleep-on-bipolar-disorder-56657f8d807d
    • Bex953172
      Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
      Has anyone heard from @mytime6630 recently? X
    • Snowflake1968
      Iโ€™ll read and catch up over the next couple of days. Today I just want to cry and say I ruined my streak. I had 800 and some days in.

Message my fitness pal!!!

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/login_counter_reset_request

You can reset it to what it was x

I didn't know that was a thing, I"m so glad you told me about it. Thank you!
    • Snowflake1968
      @teigansdad - how disappointing the change in race location would be. I hope you still have a successful race.

@HEGoddard0928 - I need to read your blogs, I have a friend with bipolar and she struggles with sleep issues tremendously I will share with her.

Well I weighed myself this morning and the number started with a 2, I'm so disappointed in myself. I need to get back to it.

JFT - Thursday July 23
      1L of Water
      Log all Food
      No Chips
      Gratitude Journal

• cesse47
      WEDNESDAY:
      - Log it all๐ŸŸข / stay green๐ŸŸข
      - NO CHIPS๐ŸŸข
      - housework๐ŸŸข / more paperwork๐ŸŸข
      - E softball game๐ŸŸข
      - Contact church about summer program๐ŸŸข

Clean sweep yesterday, more of the same today.
      JFT THURSDAY:
      - Log it all / stay green
      - NO CHIPS!
      - Visit nephew
      - Housework
      - school work with kiddos

JULY CHALLENGE:
      In an attempt to refocus this month, Iโ€™ve decided to try and give up chips. This will be extremely difficult. I eat them almost daily. They are my weakness. Iโ€™m using a bikini as my emoji, since that will be a goal for next summer!

*************NO CHIP CHALLENGE*************

July 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22
      ๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™๐Ÿ‘™

You are doing so great on your No Chip Challenge!! Keep up the good work! ๐Ÿ’
    • cesse47
      ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ Weight Loss is Not a Physical Challenge ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ
      It's a Mental One!!

JULY GOALS ---
      (1) Log all food and beverages honestly; Drink 10+ water [ MEASURE EVERYTHING !!]
      (2) Exercise 30 min minimum (3000 steps)
      (3) Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter

TASKS FOR TODAY ---
      Do 20 min stretches and 30 min of walking
      Feed & Water animals -- done
      Water outside plants
      Collect trash & take to bin
      Create template & data for weekend meeting - email DGD
      Do Five -- 15-min declutters -- 1 / each LR, BR, BR2, Kit, DR
      List 5 items for which I am grateful and include reasons

• merope2
      merope2 Posts: 60 Member
      Wednesday: all food logged; worked on Project until 11 am
      Thursday: log all food. Work on Project until 12 (it is nearly 11 am now, I will not get anything done at this rate, but I had to go for groceries today, which is best done early).
    • cschmitz110515
      cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
      edited July 2020
      Thursday goals 3 days to ORAMM
      Well got a email yesterday saying that the blue Ridge Parkway pulled the race permit for Sunday so they had to change the race. Itโ€™s now 50 miles down from 60 & has 3000 feet less climbing. Iโ€™m really disappointed because my goals for over a year have been to have a certain finish time at the race. Now itโ€™s essentially an entirely different race so donโ€™t really know what to aim for.. goal is less than 5 hrs now. Oh well.
      When I trained for the State time trials, the race was cancelled. I fell into a deep funk. Don't let the "let down" get you down. Focus on kicking *kitten* on a new course. You can push harder with less elevation and distance to cover, who knows what you can do. Give it all you got and be proud of the effort!

Since the pandemic started, I've had two 10K races converted to virtual events. Those were always my "challenge myself" events. Several 5K races that I enter annually have all been canceled. I can do 5Ks easy, heck, I walk dog farther than that on our daily routes. So I did the virtual 10K races anyway. I also completed one virtual 5K and have registered for another virtual 10K. The event organizers encourage us to post our times / photos online. It gives me something to focus on, and I don't mind having something like that during a worldwide pandemic.

I echo what @pridesabtch said: @teigansdad Don't let the change in course get you down. Focus on the new course & kick *kitten*!