30lbs to lose... Started AGAIN yesterday (Darn Lockdown Snacking)

Replies

• MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Day 38

I started today feeling reaaaaally lazy about logging. I just didn't want to weigh and log. I did end up doing it, but wasn't in the mood. In general, I just wanted to sit on the couch, drink coffee all day and watch movies all day. But I had too much to do today to blow off the day. Now, I do need to schedule one of those "do nothing" days sometime soon, so I can recuperate from the weight of responsibilities, but that day is not today.

I did a lighter stationary bike workout today. I gave it a good cardio push yesterday, so I eased off today. I still got in 30 minutes though. I tried to squeeze in a nap, but the household was just too chaotic. I'll be settling down tonight with some well-earned ice cream 😍

Daily Goals:
    Calories - βœ…
    Bike & Steps - βœ…
    Water - βœ…

Apparently my cat found me a nice, warm place to take a nap as I was trying to cool down from me workout πŸ˜‘

50126392118_c15b39b4be_n.jpg
  • MommaGemz
    @kel_E It has been SO helpful to sit at the end of the day and reflect on how things went, how I felt, and when I wanted to reach for food. These posts may truly keep me on track!

@thelastnightingale Rosti sounds SO good! I'm going to have to try it out - YUM! Batch-cooking does work wonders. When out of time and tempted to go get something easy (but bad for our goals), having something quick and convenient is the best!
    what I really really enjoy, is knowing how many calories are in it. I like knowing exactly how many calories I have left over, so I can then spend them on something nice without feeling guilty or going too far over or under, because I have all the facts at my disposal.

YES! I haven't felt a bit guilty eating ice cream or potato chips, because I know I have a proper portion AND it's budgeted into my daily calorie goal. It has been so nice to sit back and eat something guilt-free because I planned well enough.

Wishing you well if you go back into the office! My husband has been back in every-other-week and so far his office has been doing a very good job at cleaning, social distancing, masks and testing so it has reduced our stress considerably.
  • MommaGemz
    Day 39

I got to sleep in this morning which I look forward to allllll week. I was utterly unmotivated today, but I did manage to get the energy together to get some of my project work done, finish the kids' weekly lesson plans, and make some slime with them this afternoon.

I had to intentionally work to get my steps in, because even though I am busy, it doesn't require much movement. I wasn't very hungry or snacky today - bonus!

Dinner today was Salmon and Corn on the Cob - our standard summer weekend meal

Daily Goals:
    Calories - βœ…
    Steps - βœ…
    Water - βœ…

Slime play today!

50130806971_be633cbf90_n.jpg
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    @MommaGemz Very impressive - bet they loved it! I don't know what it is about slime that seems to appeal to all children, but it seems to be hardwired in. :)

Congratulations on hitting your daily goals over the weekend. The idea of a do nothing day sounds heavenly - definitely find some time to fit one of those in soon.

Here's to a great week ahead for everyone, with lots more goal-hitting!
  • suegreg2
    suegreg2 Posts: 38 Member
    Good morning, All! I am confessing that I did not record food for the past three days. Hosted our granddaughter's birthday pool party (she's turning 8) on Saturday and continued the fun on Sunday. While I did eat more than I usually do, each day I hit the ground running early and didn't stop until late night. Both days included several hours of pool time with 4 children. So this Grandma took yesterday as a day of rest (and recovery!). It did my heart good!!
    Stepped on the scale today and maintained, so no damage showing, yet. 😬 Back on MFP today.

I realized from the weekend experience, that I cannot do simple carbs in the morning. Something about them at that time triggers a craving that just won't stop! Breakfast is back to eggs/EggBeaters, Greek yogurt, and NO toast.

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy Tuesday!

Sue
  • MommaGemz
    @suegreg2 Everyone deserves to take some celebration days off and it sounds like yours were wonderful! Full of fun and memories <3

I have the same reaction is I eat 'just' carbs for breakfast, like oatmeal, pancakes or waffles. I am starving in a hour and I want to eat ALL day. I need to have a good amount of protein with the carbs to satiate my body.
  • suegreg2
    @MommaGemz Do you do riced cauliflower? I’m not a fan of cooked cauliflower (unless it’s covered in cheese sauce!), but I’ve heard that riced cauliflower is good. Any recipes to recommend?? 😊
  • MommaGemz
    @suegreg2 Well, I do love cauliflower, but I thoroughly do not believe it can take the place of rice. I've tried, but it just doesn't have the same texture and I'm not fooled. But I'll take a plate of steamed or roasted cauliflower with some curry or pasta sauce and some meat with it - any day! YUM!
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    @suegreg2 Most things taste better drowned in cheese... I could stay veggie permanently, but the reason I'll never go vegan is because I love cheese too much.

If you're looking for a side to go with some meat, I find a portion of gnocchi usually has less calories than pasta, and butterbean stew is good value for calories. I also just really love sweet potato.

I haven't made friends with cauliflower yet. I suppose it might be palatable in a soup. That's my default answer to any veg I don't particularly love - put in a soup. I'm yet to come up with a soup I don't like. :)

@MommaGemz I'm loving the cat pics. :) I'm sure I read something somewhere that you shouldn't worry too much about your water intake and it was far more important to keep an eye on the colour of your urine.

Have started having tinned grapefruit as part of breakfast. I've found that if I portion it out the night before when I'm actually awake, I'll happily eat it in the morning because it's easy. It's not so important what I eat for breakfast, just that it requires zero effort on my part. I mean, I love eggs, but I am never in any condition to start cooking before I've had at least two coffees...
  • MommaGemz
    Day 42

Today I'm taking a serious morale and motivation hit. Over the last many years of weight loss efforts I have discovered that my body have several (unpredictable) "stuck points." I won't call them plateaus, because it's not quite accurate. It is a point at which my body seems to settle and actively resist weight loss efforts. It takes me about a week or two to realize that I've hit it, and then another week or more of strong, concerted effort to break past it. These are usually the times I lose motivation, quit, or (if I recognize it) gather the willpower to break past it.

187 has been dogging me like a bear! I was 187.6 the week before. 187.1 last week, and despite me breaking into the 186s earlier in the week.... 187.3 this morning. And tomorrow is weigh in day!😭

So I'll need to make some deficit adjustments and stop eating after dinner until I can bust through 187 for good. It's just so hard to be eating at a deficit, while exercising, and not see consistent achievement. Luckily... I know that this happens, so I can acknowledge it, make adjustments, do the work, and move on.

I also pulled a muscle behind my right shoulder last night while sleeping 🀦 I'm in pain, so I'm going to move bike day to tomorrow. Really, it's just a day to be compassionate with myself, stay on track with my logging, and make it through to tomorrow.

Daily Goals:
    Calories - βœ…
    Steps - βœ…
    Water - βœ…

Also, this is SO MUCH ME right now....

50140958832_153e527f92_n.jpg
  • MommaGemz
    @thelastnightingale Oooohhhh, I totally forgot about gnocchi - yum! I'll have to pick some up! We also just had roasted sweet potato tonight and it just seems so luxurious eating it. Mmmmm....
  • MommaGemz
    Weigh-In Day - Week 6

Start: 196.2
    Last week: 187.1

TODAY: 187.2

πŸ”Ί UP .1 from last week, and 9 lost total

Unfortunately, even though I did all the proper things last week - there is no loss this week. I do know this has to do with water retention, because I can feel my fingers are bloated. I could feel it yesterday as well. So I just need to be extra cautious about sodium intake and to the best that I can until my body decides to releases its store of water (via my tears) 😭 j/k!
  • MommaGemz
    edited July 2020
    192307313.png

Just testing the ticker and it doesn't work for me - Boooooo
  • MommaGemz
    @thelastnightingale Thank you so much - just the perfect message and words I need to hear today! It's a good reminder that everyone has been at this point and worked through it. There WILL be ups and downs on this journey, and I can't let the lows derail me. I'm going to get back on the bike today and pedal my tail off πŸ˜†
  • MommaGemz
    Day 43

Still hanging in there. Even though I was disappointed by my weigh-in this morning, I have more hope and was more motivated in general today. Thanks so much to the great support here in MFP! I drank more water, got in a good session on the bike and had some satisfying food. I have to remember the mantra "This is a Lifestyle, not a Goal."

After a good sweat my hands were noticeably less swollen and my rings weren't as tight. That's a positive!

Daily Goals:
    Calories - βœ…
    Bike & Steps - βœ…
    Water - βœ…

My "single serve" indulgence 😍

50145278198_60e6a1d147_n.jpg
  • suegreg2
    edited July 2020
    @MommaGemz Several times I’ve been told to track my measurements, rather than just relying on the scale ( which can be a fickle friend!). I have yet to do that, but even though the scale is budging ever so slowly, my clothes fit better. Have you tried that route? And you are very right - this is a lifestyle, not a goal!