LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Such cute kitties!
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    You tube is great for just about everything, right!? I've never had a baby kitty. omg I would have it tucked under my chin all day long.
    Yes to all of the above you said about roaming cats. I've seen a coyote and fox in our yard before so I couldn't ever even think of letting our cat out alone. She's a scardy cat and never leaves my side in the yard. She follows me all around the house too. A super sweetie pie.
    The pics of the kitties and the kiddie are super cute. Thanks for sharing <3<3
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    AF is making me want to eat eat eat! Hardly any IFing going on here. Thank goodness I have some self control b/c dang.. what I wouldn't give for some ice cream or just a dang sandwich right about now lol.
    My self control is kinda lacking when it comes to watermelon though. We just finished off the 2nd seeded one we had last night /cry

So still not exercising, but I did do a lot yesterday. Dragged our Living room rug out in to the driveway and hosed that thing down. First with carpet cleaning solution then the hose. Our little chihuahua mutt has been discreetly using it as his own giant pee pad during the night. SO gross pulling that thing out. You couldn't smell it in the living room, but lifting it up to reveal the big stains and then having to touch it... nothing but pee smell. GROSS.
    I cleaned the heck out of it though. I mean, there's some debris on it from being outside, but I hosed that thing down until it weighed a ton from all the water. THen dragged my carpet cleaner outside to suck up as much water out of it as I could. It's still drying now b/c we left it out all night and forgot about the sprinklers this morning lol. Oops.

Anywho... more kitten stuff!
    JJ (calico) is using the litter box! YAY! I'm not sure if Mia is using it too. Worried that Mia may not have pooped yet. There was a long turd in the litterbox. Didn't see who did it, but hopefully it was Mia.
    Neither of them are eating on their own though. Both still want to chew/suck on the bottle. Oh well... Just gotta keep trying
    And no baths yesterday. I ordered them another bed and want to wait so I can wash their other one once they get a bath. Damn fleas! DOn't want to keep giving them bath after bath after bath b/c we're having to put them back on contaminated stuff.

Pics!
    W9jjvyk.jpg
    JvW33gv.jpg
    jvFYZsp.jpg
    b9EOwcl.jpg
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    OMGGGGGGGGGGG I'm such a sucker for Calicos!!! JJ is just SO SWEET (they're both adorable but I love me a calico <3) !!!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    OMG.... soooooo cute😍😘❤️💕 Hope they didn't cause too much trouble during bath time🛀😚 I know how you feel as I can feel AF is coming too and am craving for salty junk food 😞😩 Watermelon is better than junk food🍉
  • Leah_62803
    Leah_62803 Posts: 292 Member
    Those really are some adorable kittens. Almost makes me want another...but not quite since we already have 3. :D
  • katjustkat
    So dang cute! Hang in there, they'll be eatin' on their own soon. Good idea with the area rug. I have a white fluffy one under my bed and it's looking a lil dingy even tho I don't wear shoes in the house. Worth a try.
  • LiLee2018
    AF just about gone but energy level is waaay low. Just having to get up to feed kittens in the early morning has been wearing me down some. I've actually been sleeping better for the most part though. I think it helped that my daughter was at her grandparent's house for like 2 weeks so most of that time we had the bed to ourselves lol
    I'm sure actively trying to destress and unclench my jaw has probably helped too.

Diet has been fine, but lord have mercy I'm so tired of cooking right now. I just want a day of nothing but fried chicken, biscuits and french fries... none of it that I have to cook.

Kittens are doing great. Trying to teach them that just b/c we're giving them attention doesn't mean they're about to get fed lol. The calico is the worst out of the 2 thinking that lol, but getting better.
    Both still only want a bottle even though the orange one mostly chews on it.
    Took these pics this morning when they were quietly playing with one another.
    ADzzQVk.jpg
    8xS7AG2.jpg
    wodjpxG.jpg
    3gC5t3S.jpg
    L3yqdz0.jpg

• katjustkat
    I want those baby kitties so bad. My daughter pretty much slept with us till she was 9. By then her brother was 4 so they slept in the same room and she was ok with that. We tried to get her to sleep in her room but we would hear her loud voice in the dark: "I'm alone in the world and nobody loves me"...over and over. She won...hubby was out of town 4 out of seven days a week so it was ok.
  • LiLee2018
    katjustkat wrote: »
    "I'm alone in the world and nobody loves me"

ROFL!!! That is too damn funny! So young and already guilt-tripping lol.
    Daughter's room is on the other side of the house and we sleep with a loud fan on so we can't hear anything lol.
    She's been sleeping in her room a little more often since she got home from grandparents house, but I think we have a few more years of her crawling in to bed with us. SIGH!
    They're only this little once though and grow so fast. Soon enough, they won't want to snuggle at all.

Diet has been fine, but I'm in a funk or something. I didn't want to cook before, now.... It feels like my soul is leaving my body every time I have to.
    I know it's dramatic as hell, but... it's draining me every time I have to cook. Every time I have to figure out WTH to fix for dinner or fix anything for myself. I hate it. I'm sick of it. I just want to NOT have to frickin cook right now.
    Think it's my stress coming out this way now. Maybe. Or maybe I'm just tired of cooking lol.
    I dunno but uuuuhuuuuuuuugh I hate cooking right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kittens are doing well. No new pics yet.
    We're still slowly letting them explore a bit more. Both getting bigger quick and will be able to jump out of their bath soon.

• Leah_62803
    I can relate so much to how you’re feeling. I go through that a lot where I just feel exhausted from planning meals and cooking them.
    Something that helps a little is that I’ve been explaining to my husband about how overwhelming it is for me and we’ve been finding time on the weekends to sit down together and plan meals. For me, it’s not just about the physical labor of cooking but also the mental labor of planning meals and trying to find things everyone will eat. So it helps a lot to have him adding suggestions. We also try to do at least one meal a week that he cooks. I only work part time (and have a cushy office job) and he works overtime at a physical job so I don’t want him to have to cook a lot but once a week is great and gives me a little break. I’ve also been trying to keep a list on my phone of everyone’s favorite meals and easy meals because there are weeks when my mind goes completely blank.

All this to say....sometimes it still just sucks. There are still weeks where I want to scream and cry and run away.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Those kittens are ADORABLE!!!!! SO CUTE!!!
  • katjustkat
    edited July 2020
    "ROFL!!! That is too damn funny! So young and already guilt-tripping lol." I was thinking of this today I thought...
    Yeah and now she's doing it with :"you're never allowed to die". Dang, I can't even rest in peace. But when I was thinking of this today I thought...Sheesh it's not only 'our' life...we're living for other people too that love us. So the next thought that popped into my head was...if I have a heart attack or something she'll be thinking that I loved sour cream more than her....so that got me thinking to watch what I eat more carefully...for a while anyways... :p Could not stomach the thought of sour cream today lol
    Cooking...it's def a mental and physical challenge. I do things like...buy 3-6 pounds of hamburger meat and crumble it up then divide in three and season 1 pound for spaghetti sauce, one for mexican and one for chili. Then I cook with one and put the other two in the freezer. Much easier to make a meal with the meat behind ya. If I make spaghetti, I'll make enough for four dinners and freeze the prepared sauce. If I make chili I make enough for 4 dinners too and freeze it. That's a lot of dinners out of the way. I ordered like 60 of those plastic containers they give you for take away Chinese soup. I got them from Amazon and I looooove them for the freezer. I can give them away or throw them away when they get groddy. I also do soup like that too...4 dinners worth. Boom just grab from the freezer and defrost and serve with a good chunk of bread.
    Slaves for life...that's what we are :p
  • jadepearl
    Awww. they are sooooooooo cute <3<3<3 I hear ya about "guilt-tripping". Its the same with my 2 kids when they were young. I know what you mean about cooking...sometimes I just can't be bothered and just have kimchi noodles with noodles and egg and that satisfy me :)
  • LiLee2018
    Alrighty. Quick post

I've just lost my motivation. I do just want to cheat now. I had some popcorn today. I didn't eat a ton of it, but I ate some. Also had lots of watermelon (MUAHAHAHAHAHA GIVE IT ALL TO ME!) too. So yeah, NOT keto but I guess it could've been worse.

Exercise has also been a big nope. Just... in a funk. I can kind of feel it lifting but right now it's just.. I don't want to do much of anything in terms of my health.

In other news though... kittens!!
    Still not eating on their own, but I'm slowly increasing the amount of food I'm mixing in to their slurry. They're eating a lot more now and have some round little baseball bellies. SO stinking cute!
    Oh and they've moved to just the bathroom now. No more tub b/c Mia (orange) was able to jump out. They're a lot more active now that they have more room to run around and explore.
    2JtM6Dd.jpg
    avH1fLV.jpg
    6P97roJ.jpg
    81cnSly.jpg
  • Leah_62803
    They are so cute! I just can’t get over them.
  • katjustkat
    Kitties are soooo happy to be together. I love how they stop what they're doing and look at you when you take a pic.
    You'll get your groove back. Popcorn and watermelon....hmmmm...sounds pretty good right now.... >:)
  • jadepearl
    Awwww... so cute❤️ Don't be so hard on yourself❤️ Popcorn and Watermelon are both low in calories. You know, I have gained weight too and this time, am just going to KISS - omad and eat whatever I want, satisfy my tummy and stop🚫😘
  • LiLee2018
    So I'm giving in and eating whatever today. But I've decided that even if I'm still in a funk... I'm going to get back to it next week. I can't just wait until I get my mojo back b/c... maybe it won't come back. I don't know but I can't just sit around and sulk.
    BUT I'm just eating whatever I want today then getting back to it tomorrow and exercising again starting next week (next tuesday b/c have something on Monday).
  • jadepearl
    What I am doing now is to KISS - I just eat whatever I want for my OMAD and when I am satisfied, I will stop and that's it. No more eating. Then I will try my very very best to exercise at least 20 mins per evening. When covid-19 came and my vertigo started hassling me again, my weight went up to 128 pounds. So, I told myself not to be fancy and KISS. Today when I weighed myself, I am 125 pounds. So, by KISS, it works for me. May be you can try this too as I find that once I satisfy my body and its cravings, I don't crave for anything after my OMAD. We are all here rooting for you! Stay strong <3