Any other early risers?

Faetta
Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
03:40 PST with one 20g protein shake downed at 3 AM and my 30-minute workout finished and now eating breakfast #1. Anxiously awaiting dawn to start my 5-mile fast walk before the impending heat. Any more of you early risers and early workout addicts?

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    My normal up is 4:30am. This morning I was up at 3:30. I am going on a hike a little later so I only walked 4.5 miles this morning.

I maintain the wake-up routine everyday because it is easier for me. On my rest day I get up and do 30-45 minutes on the elliptical and then go back to bed. It is also easier if I exercise, even minimally, daily because it leaves no room for negotiation. There is no full off day so there is never a question of getting up and doing something unless I am injured.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    5 am here...
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    5 am. I usually get up drink water and do a 30-40 min walk/run or do strength training.
  • Vetleanni
    Vetleanni Posts: 64 Member
    Oh wow.. I'm not one of you, although I sure wish I was! How on earth do you guys get up and start your day so early? 😉
  • NovusDies
    edited July 2020
    Vetleanni wrote: »
    Oh wow.. I'm not one of you, although I sure wish I was! How on earth do you guys get up and start your day so early? 😉

I never thought I would be the kind of person who does it. It started on Thanksgiving when I realized the only way I would guarantee getting a workout in was to get up early. After that I realized how much easier it was to get up early then wait and try to muster up some motivation to exercise after a long hard day. It is also easier to do a daily habit than a habit that is x number of days a week and it is easier, for me, to get it done early.

My streak of 7 day workouts is now 42 weeks long. There have been some days of bare minimum exercise but that is natural in my opinion. My requirement is not the normal 1.5 to 2 hours I do put in. My requirement is to do something daily and get an early win.
  • dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    I've been an early riser all my life. Even when I don't have to work, I still get up early. I love getting my exercise in the morning. Walking, Hiking, Gym (on hold for now). I'm usually out as soon as it's light enough to see.
  • NovusDies
    dustyspal wrote: »
    I've been an early riser all my life. Even when I don't have to work, I still get up early. I love getting my exercise in the morning. Walking, Hiking, Gym (on hold for now). I'm usually out as soon as it's light enough to see.

That is what flashlights are for! :tongue:

I now use rechargeable batteries.

• dustyspal
    dustyspal Posts: 835 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »

Flashlights might work for most people, but I'm a KLUTZ! I trip over my own feet, and that's when I can see them!
  • dsc84
    dsc84 Posts: 208 Member
    Up at 4AM everyday but Friday- Gym by 430/445 every day I get up early (except Friday). I am not a morning person, so I just start mine earlier when no one else is up, get my happy started with a workout, and by the time I'm home I'm pleasant and my family can handle me in the morning. It's habit now and I don't want to change it, but it took some effort to make it a thing in my life. - Best part being able to fall asleep easily at night now.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    When I was growing up, I detested early risers... and now I find that I am one. I wake up around 5:00 every morning, put the coffee on for me and the better half and make her breakfast if she wants it. I used to go to the gym every morning until the current issues closed down the gym. Now, I get my riding shorts on, get my water pack ready and head out for a morning ride as soon as it's light enough for the cars to see me.

It did not come easy when I first started this routine, but I have been doing it for several years now and find that sleeping late (like 6 am) bothers me now.
  • T_Roc
    T_Roc Posts: 65 Member
    Thinking about hitting the gym in the morning instead of the afternoon. If you do, add me. Need to be with some people who feel the pain.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »

I absolutely love walking before sunrise. It feels like I have the whole world to myself. So peaceful.