What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Enjoying a bottle of... oh, never mind.

ugziu868hvpp.jpg
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    8 km / 5 mile Z2/low Z3 run......it was barely drizzling, with the heat and humidity I was hoping it would actually rain.
  • asakeenah4
    asakeenah4 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi,

These are my workouts and future diets. Dieting buddies?

(*These aren't my videos, I'm just giving you the links for some help*)

The Best Science-Based Diet for Fat Loss (ALL MEALS SHOWN!)- https://shrinkme.io/RVfuKL9U

How To Diet To Lose Fat FOR GOOD (4 Phases)- https://shrinkme.io/bQk5c

20 Foods That Help You Lose Weight- https://shrinkme.io/qwfau

14 Filling Foods That Help You Lose Weight Fast- https://shrinkme.io/Rk0OI

Do This Everyday To Lose Weight | 2 Weeks Shred Challenge- https://shrinkme.io/yaNZ84G

Full Body Workout - QUICK & EFFECTIVE (No Equipment) | 15 Day Challenge-https://shrinkme.io/Q8BHRz

Hope this helps and good luck!
  • yirara
    Why are you using short links? It's impossible to see where people end up, which could be on pretty much every dodgy website.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Easy hour of cardio -- 30 on the LateralX and 30 on the Assault Bike.

Same today but only 50 minutes. It's raining today (finally) in Tucson. Temps have dropped 10 degrees in an hour. If lightning wasn't so bad today, might have braved the rower instead outside. I don't mess with lightning though.

Hope to get outside tomorrow AM and use the rowing machine on the deck. Mid 70s will feel like Winter right now.
  • jdctrumpet
    jdctrumpet Posts: 64 Member
    Went for a nice 5.75 mile walk on a wooded trail. It's been consistently above 90 degrees with a heat index of around 100, so the shade was wonderful.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    edited July 2020
    I did an hour's yoga before before breakfast.

I got an evening walk in, ending the day on just under 20,000 steps

Finally, there was climbing! I got some strangers to set me some routes. Either they were all really hard, or i'm not very good!

A 90 minute session - great fun, and I only stopped as the sun had set.

(My wall is MattWall35 on Eat Spray Love if anyone here fancies challenging me.)
  • Tonydevolanii
    Tonydevolanii Posts: 658 Member
    To get up for shower
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    10 min elliptical
    15 KBell Swing
    15 KBell Squat Press
    60 Sit-ups
    25 Push Press

12/8/4
    Shrugs
    T Bar Row
    Lat Pulls
    Seated Rows
    Iso Pulldowns
    Rope to Face
    10 Pull up to Knee Tucks
    60 Roman Step Ups
    30 Dips
    Dbell Shrugs
    Curls
    Bent Over Rows
    Upright Row
    Hammer Curls
    Preacher Curls
    60 Rower
    30 Overhead Press
    45 sec work / 15 sec rest x 10 rds Assault bike
  • MikePfirrman
    Been dreading this. Have to do 2 TT (timed test) rows for my Indoor Rowing club this month. Today was the harder of the two -- a 5K TT. Did it in 21:59, pretty terrible time (rowing times are very similar relative to running 5K times) but I did it. Hadn't rowed much in the last 7 weeks. No where near my Personal Best (19:35) but I'm glad I did it. My goal was pretty simple -- try to keep the Stroke rate at 24 and hit 90% max HR at minimum and hold it there. HR got to 92 or 93% Max. Nearly 500 calories in 30 minutes including Warmup.
  • dsc84
    dsc84 Posts: 208 Member
    I slept in and got up to shower before working from home today- Does that count :wink: I'll make up for it tomorrow with a heavy whole body lift session and some hiking/cardio. It'll be a good time!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    I hr Trainer Road Z2 ride
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,974 Member
    Been dreading this. Have to do 2 TT (timed test) rows for my Indoor Rowing club this month. Today was the harder of the two -- a 5K TT. Did it in 21:59, pretty terrible time (rowing times are very similar relative to running 5K times) but I did it. Hadn't rowed much in the last 7 weeks. No where near my Personal Best (19:35) but I'm glad I did it. My goal was pretty simple -- try to keep the Stroke rate at 24 and hit 90% max HR at minimum and hold it there. HR got to 92 or 93% Max. Nearly 500 calories in 30 minutes including Warmup.

I understand your feeling, Mike, but no question 2:11.9 at a 24 is strong, and sustaining it 20+ minutes is hard.

A lot of people would tell you there's no way to go that fast even if you go to 35. :lol::lol::lol:

More on topic: I stopped participating in this thread quite some time back, while still doing regular workouts. I haven't rejoined, and have gone through Winter (even before shelter at home) doing my usual lighter schedule of rowing machine and spin class, until corona. Thereafter, I continued rowing machine, but I always get sick of it by end of WInter (and I don't much worry about that, knowing on-water season is coming). Well, for a variety of corona-related reasons, on-water season still isn't here, for me.

Until it got hot/humid here, I was alternating brisk walks with rowing machine, but staying off my bike knowing the local hospital system was challenged and considering that a bit higher risks (I need to ride roads to get to the trails). Come the heat, I slacked off.

Now, I'm on a routine of daily short, easy machine rows (x 6 days) and an idiosyncratic alternate day lifting routine (progressive in total volume, chosen mainly to remediate rowing imbalances, but not interfere with rowing recovery), so that's x3 days weekly. It'll have to do, for now.
  • MikePfirrman
    @AnnPT77 - I'm glad you're back at it Ann. I know you're way more into the social aspects of exercise training and I envy that. I thought this might be tough on you. Sounds like a great schedule for now.

Your rowing club should look at doing things on Zoom or other methods. I know folks that do more OTW are doing a lot more of that. Zoom, RowPro (and Zwift is supposed to come out with a rowing version soon) -- computer comradery isn't the same but it's something.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,974 Member
    edited July 2020
    @AnnPT77 - I'm glad you're back at it Ann. I know you're way more into the social aspects of exercise training and I envy that. I thought this might be tough on you. Sounds like a great schedule for now.

Your rowing club should look at doing things on Zoom or other methods. I know folks that do more OTW are doing a lot more of that. Zoom, RowPro (and Zwift is supposed to come out with a rowing version soon) -- computer comradery isn't the same but it's something.

No, not really social. I'm a happy introvert, pretty contented socially now.

I prefer multi-person boats, and we're not allowed to use them yet (only one person allowed in the boathouse at a time). I do feel safer on the water if I'm not out there completely alone, but my rowing club is ultra small (we each have a key, organize our own group rows), and I only regularly row with one other person (who turned age 74 today, I might add) who can confidently carry her own boat.

I can carry my single, probably should be going out despite fears about rowing completely alone, plus extra concerned about that in context of a particular type of invasive weed bloom we have that's potentially fairly dangerous to small boats. (They grab the oars, pull one over, tangle around the body, are heavy. We've had newbie rowers literally get stuck in them and need to be pulled out. In that kind of situation, my double has often been the "rescue boat" since one rower can manage the shell while the other handles rescue). Usually, the university women's coach hires someone for weed control, but they've not been practicing much in small boats since the new coach, and the club can't afford the weed control. Those few fellow rowers who are going out have reported that the weed situation is really bad, as we're having a hot summer, so they thrive.

(If I had any ambition, I'd throw a canoe or kayak on the car, and do that instead, since it's a more stable platform by far, even though I like the skinny models of those, too. ;) ).

ETA: My core motivation for being active is enjoyment. I competed and trained hard when that was fun, and tapered off competition when it became less fun. On-water rowing is fun. Machine rowing is a maintenance/building activity for on-water. I tolerate it for that reason. Lifting is almost entirely non-enjoyable, for me. I do feel better if I work out regularly, and intellectually I know I need to stay strong as I age. Basically, I'm now trying to game myself into discipline as a driver - something that's alien to my character, frankly - so am keeping the workouts short and non-fatiguing in order to give myself fewer excuses to skip. This isn't a pretty self-portrait, but it's a true one.
  • yirara
    None. I somehow injured my ankle and I'm currently partially in pain, partially have no feeling in my ankle/lower leg. Not sure yet what I did. Investigation on Monday.
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    10 min dynamic warmup
    5 min Jog warm up Cardio related muscle groups
    15 min Sprint 100 Meters jog 25.
    5 min cool down jog
    2 min walk
    10 min stretching
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    edited July 2020
    Climbing at a a gym! It was the first day they have opened. It was an 85 minute session - you are not allowed to stay longer than 90 minutes.

My standard was about the same as pre-lockdown, which I was pretty pleased with. My technique was worse, but my strength was better.

Good times.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 976 Member
    Hiking three miles every morning in the mountains. Love it!
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    5sdxll9cfy32.jpeg