WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - July 2020

Replies

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Wednesday check in
    Food - on target
    Water - 1.8l
    Exercise - cross training
    We definitely had rain yesterday, as Theresa talked about. It helped to break the heat but it will be back through the weekend. I have tried not to think about the school situation for September, but the issue is front and centre in the media now. I received notice yesterday from my son’s high school that they will operate on an alternate day in person model to December. This is ok, but I continue to have stress and concerns around how to manage it all. I still have to wait and see what my younger son’s school decides. Just going to go back to trying to destress and enjoy the summer.

@pacsnc6 - That is just a small gain, and it is good that you have a healthy appetite. I hope that you are doing well.

@1theresamcvean - That was quite the downpour and how terrible that you got caught in it! Well, the cute blouse for your friend was worth it!

@tyringagain5 - Great day again! That is so nice that your walking group has resumed after 4 months.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    @1theresamcvean oh your story is so sad but funny too. I felt for you lol. What a fascinating blouse!
    @Cafelelia such challenging times. I don't think there will be anything normal again. I wonder what our children's future looks like. They are so different and so much smarter than us in interesting ways. I think it will be up to them to find a new path and a new normal. We are facing same issues here with my granddaughter and my daughters boyfriends 2 kids.
    @pacsnc6 I really admire your efforts to keep posting. We really appreciate all your updates. I am really happy to hear that you are eating so well!
    @tryingagain5 you are back in stride girl! It makes me so happy to see your progress!

daily check in-my back is on the brink of going out again. I have not been able to exercise much this week. But my food has been dialed in. Really yummy things that are seasonal and healthful and so colorful. Don't worry. I will have more inspiration pictures soon. (And yes I will spoiler them). I think for me going vegan and highlighting how delicious these meals are is my way of showing that we can still eat such amazing healthful foods even when losing weight.
    I am eager for the weekend. Planning on starting my Summer Sky fairy doll.

• nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    nstephenson01
    Thursday
    Week 4
    PW: 169.4
    CW: 172.8
    Weekly Steps: 98,161

Today's weigh in is disappointing but not unexpected. Because its so warm, we've been grilling every night. My husband doesn't like chicken so we're eating more beef and pork than I usually do. I imagine the marinade and spice rubs contain quite a bit of sodium. My rings and Fitbit are pretty tight. I can tell I'm retaining water just by looking at my wrists and ankles. Since it appears he's not going back to work anytime soon, he needs to eat the damn chicken once in a while LOL. Once I hop on the sodium train I have a hard time getting off of it. I read where a number of us are challenged by the hot weather bloat. I need to clean up my diet so I've planned the next few dinners and am going to use my crockpot and instant pot more often so as not to heat up the house.

Plan for next week is more produce and less meat and carbs. My veggie garden is beginning to produce so this shouldn't too difficult if I remain focused. I also keep forgetting to set my IF app so I don't know if I've fasted for 14 or 16 or however many hours. I need to be more diligent and return to a routine of not eating after 7 pm. I know what works for me... I just need to quit misbehaving. :wink: I'll be back in the 160's shortly.

@tryingagain5 Welcome back to onederland!! So happy to read that your walking group has been able to resume.

@pacsnc6 I think its a good sign that your appetite is so healthy.

@freeglerock Nice loss! I envy your consistency. You're doing so well despite all the ups and downs!

@1theresamcvean I am so intrigued by that blouse! We're having a day of rain like you and @Cafelelia. Its a nice break from the heat but it will be hot again tomorrow.

• ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,060 Member
    Ljdanny
    Week 4
    Thursday
    Pw 193
    Cw 194
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,060 Member
    Scale going the wrong way, what else is new. I had wanted to have weight gone by vacation time. I got to go to a live zumba class the other day, it was so fun. In 2 weeks my gym will bring classes back but you will have to sign up for them. I will make sure I am signed up early so I can get in, zumba is popular. I'm finding everything I eat lately is bothering my ibs. I have to figure that out too I guess.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,978 Member
    Hey all! Sorry I've been MIA. Played golf Tuesday, visited a friend to give her the baby blanket I made for her son yesterday, and crocheted with another friend today. I love being busy again and getting out, but I didn't have the ability to get on here and read through everyone's posts.

I'll be catching up and responding tomorrow. I missed y'all!
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 934 Member
    Hey everyone!

I'm going to post tomorrow. I was quite distracted today. We are finally able to plan my grandmother, uncle, cousin, and aunt's funerals and that was distracting. We don't all live in the same regions or have the same understanding of the guidelines. I feel like the police for the senior relatives and am trying not to step on toes or come off as all big-city, which I know I do just by being here. It can really offend some of my relatives without my intention.

Haha...It was actually funny yesterday getting stuck in the rain when I look back on it now. How unlikely. I haven't been that wet in the rain since I was about six years old.

Miss you all.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    07/22 steps 12036
  • 1theresamcvean
    @bburrer30 What an awesome accomplishment. That must feel great!
  • 1theresamcvean
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    sleepymom5
    Week 4
    Friday
    PW: 196.6
    CW: 197.4

It is ok, not quite a pound. I have a few things going on which I will explain later. I have another weekend of guests (Same group but my son Dan and his wife too). I have to run to go food shopping. I can't believe it has been over a week since I checked in....

Hi Pam ~ I'm so happy that you're not checking in every day and are enjoying your summer!
  • 1theresamcvean
    @Cafelelia Congratulations! You've worked hard and also been balanced, e.g. with celebrations and entertaining along the way. It must feel so great to be in the 140s. We're back to neck and neck here in TO. Way to take the lead!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Thursday check
    Food - IF and on target
    Water - 2l
    Exercise - 2 walks, 4 km
    It felt so good to get my hair done at the salon again. I was very impressed with their distancing measures as well. These little things just make me feel better. I also forgot to mention in this morning’s post that my LTD is 19.6 lbs, hurray! I started monitoring a few other metrics, and I lost 1.5 inches from my waist in the past few weeks. Given that a lot of us get thicker in the midsection during middle age, I am really happy about this. My goal range will be 130 to 140, and my goal number is 138. That is 11.5 lbs to go, which does not sound like a lot, but I need to stay on course to get there.

@lenka1 - You are doing great! Fantastic overall loss for July and we still have a week left!

@1theresamcvean - Dropping a size and feeling slim in your clothes is awesome. An amazing NSV! Ok, let’s get this goal thing done together! Go Toronto!

@sleepymom5 - That is a minor increase and really a maintain considering how much you have going on. Have fun this weekend!

@bburrer30 - Outstanding loss, congratulations! Whatever you did really worked. Lovely photo!

@GingerPwr - Sounds like such a nice week, enjoy the weekend too!

@pacsnc6 - Such great news that you can switch treatments and that your hair is growing back too. You are amazing. Big hugs!

@nstephenson01 - Your description does sound like you are having some excess sodium. I understand as sodium is a challenge for me too, along with carbs. I just started making lunch “sandwiches” with butter lettuce leave instead of bread. I was doubtful, but gave it a try. It actually is very tasty and kind of like eating some fresh tacos. Anyway, you are right that you will see the 160’s again very soon.

@ljdanny - Sorry that you had that gain, but it is good news that you got to attend your Zumba class and you can keep them up. That really sucks with the IBS and I hope that through trial and error, you can find an approach that works for you.

@mrsbell8well - I hope that you back is feeling better today.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    @1theresamcvean - Oh my goodness - be still, my heart! <3

@lenka1 - congrats! That's awesome! Five pounds in a month is so impressive

@bburrer30 - WOW, what a whoosh! Incredible what happens when your body gets rid of that excess water weight/bloat/whatever.
    Aaaaand, just gonna leave some shameless self promotion here, because I like attention.

This discussion has been closed.