DVD or YouTube workouts for beginners

Could anybody please recomend a workout that is suitable for beginners who don't really know what they are doing? It needs to be not too intense, as I'm both very out of shape and I had a c-section a few weeks ago. It also needs to be something I can do at home.
There seems to be so many options out there that I don't know which ones to pick, so if anybody has had good results with a particular workout I would love to hear it.

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    HASFIT have some low impact workouts which are quite easy to start with.

https://hasfit.com/workouts/low-impact/
  • LouPlusTwo
    LouPlusTwo Posts: 3 Member
    HASFIT have some low impact workouts which are quite easy to start with.

https://hasfit.com/workouts/low-impact/

Thank you I will have a look at that one
  • TayaCurragh
    TayaCurragh Posts: 709 Member
    I really enjoy fitnessblender, their workouts are on youtube and they different videos for beginner, moderate etc.

Another one I liked was Paula B fitness, it's aimed at a more 'mature' audience but I found these perfect for a beginner, and I liked her personality which always helps in a workout video.
  • katyjcrafts
    katyjcrafts Posts: 19 Member
    I like the pop sugar ones. They do modified moves in their workouts so you can work out at your own pace. Also check out Lucy Wyndham Read. She targets specific areas but some of her workouts are only 7 minutes so you can work up gradually
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Jenny Ford and Jessica Smith have great beginners workouts!
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    If you are not 6 weeks out from your surgery please rest your body! You can REALLY hurt yourself doing to much to soon. Fit by amy on youtube has post baby workouts and stretches. I have had 4 c-sections I do know about it 😎
  • ACMoodyD
    ACMoodyD Posts: 8 Member
    The Body Project has some YouTube vids that I like. The instructor is very positive and reminds me to not compare myself to anyone but myself.

If you do a search for "low impact" you'll find a lot of videos that will work.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    ACMoodyD wrote: »
    The Body Project has some YouTube vids that I like. The instructor is very positive and reminds me to not compare myself to anyone but myself.

If you do a search for "low impact" you'll find a lot of videos that will work.

This. I have found great workouts just searching "low impact."
    To get one with a great instructor who reminds you to focus on YOU is a bonus :heart:
    But take the advice of those who are reminding you to let your body heal. It just did an incredible thing for you. Don't push it into workouts too soon. Allow yourself to heal. Eat enough to fuel the baby if you are nursing. Give yourself rest if you're sleep deprived. You have lots of time to work on getting your body "back."
    Good luck!
  • Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    If you've just had a c-section what about looking at work outs which are seated?
  • faithlovefit
    faithlovefit Posts: 8 Member
    I really enjoy fitnessblender, their workouts are on youtube and they different videos for beginner, moderate etc.

Another one I liked was Paula B fitness, it's aimed at a more 'mature' audience but I found these perfect for a beginner, and I liked her personality which always helps in a workout video.

The fitness blender workouts are amazing for sure! 💛
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,914 Member
    If you like walking ....try Leslie Sansone walking Dvd's
  • cgcdavis7
    cgcdavis7 Posts: 85 Member
    I got started with Fitness Blender. Not too heavy, low impact. I had to modify the modifications 😆 but dang it, it worked.
  • nc_bearkitten
    nc_bearkitten Posts: 3 Member
    Extreme Weight Loss workout is perfect for beginners. All three levels are on You Tube. Chris Powell is the trainer. You will get a good workout cardio and strength. I also agree with Has Fit. Coach Kozak has many levels and is encouraging. For cardio, Leslie Sansone walking aerobics are easy and very doable at home.