How do I know if I am gaining weight? PLEASE HELP

RhythmKnightx
RhythmKnightx Posts: 11 Member
I just started pursuing weight gain at July 11 because I am extremely underweight. So basically I am quite confused as on July 11, I weighed 44.6 kg but today weighed myself (two weeks after) and am 46.9 kg. That is a lot of weight gain considering I selected 0.5 kg gain/week. How do I know that all this weight isn't poop in my stomach. When I weigh myself in the morning I urinate and do it (without pooping). How inaccurate are my weight results? Roughly 0.4 kg? I did see some little change in my arms and legs but not enough. I feel like either most of the weight is just poop or either I gained fat in my stomach. Thanks

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Weight varies with water retention, gut contents, time of day, what you are wearing, how you are standing on your scale, etc. Everyone's "weight" is a reasonable estimate of one's mass at a particular time. No one maintains the same weight 24/7 on every day of the week.

Watch your weight for a month or two. If you are up a kilogram or two you are likely successfully gaining weight. Don't sweat the small stuff.
  • MohsenSALAH
    MohsenSALAH Posts: 182 Member
    Progress pics, measurements and looking at mirror is also good indicators if u r gaining weight, relying on scales one wont be better choice since weight fluctuates like crazy
  • unforgettable2010
    unforgettable2010 Posts: 104 Member
    For consistency its best to weigh yourself after you wake up after using the bathroom. This ensures your stomach is pretty much empty. You should also weigh yourself on the same day each week. I weigh myself every Saturday morning and that’s what I consider to be my official weight for the week. Investing in a good scale is a good idea as well. Amazon has a Zoe Touch scale that gives a lot of detail for under $30. Body fat %, muscle mass, bone mass, etc. iv81g06a8ysr.jpeg
  • RhythmKnightx
    RhythmKnightx Posts: 11 Member
    Cheers everyone. I think I am gaining weight... I haven't eaten much within the last few days and am at 46.5 kg. Will try to continue weight gain now.
  • 883xlsportster
    883xlsportster Posts: 221 Member
    Look at it as more of a long term goal. Use the mirror along with a scale. Be consistent and don't get hung up on whats in your digestive system. Keep at it. Best of gains to you.