Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    @Bex953172 Sounds like this is happening with some frequency. If so, that's concerning. Medication, emotions, or health issues can cause lack of appetite. Loss of taste or smell? That can cause appetite loss ... and, now, it's also a symptom of Covid19. Hungry for one particular dish? If so, that could be why you're not happy with what is being offered.

Maybe take some time tonight to try to determine why this is happening. How frequently? What's stopping you from eating? Why do you need to eat regular meals? Do you have or should you establish an eating schedule? Do you have "nibblers" easily available ... sweet baby carrots, crunchy fresh cucumbers, grape tomatoes ... etc.

When you're hungry but can't eat, are you also angry? That may be a sign of a diabetic issue.

Skipping meals can also throw your body into a survival mode so it hangs on to every calorie and every drop of liquid ... resulting in a gain rather than loss.

Don't consider it a miserable post ... we've all had crappy days. And, here's where you can post where people will better understand because we've experienced similar issues. Hang In There!! 💐
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    edited July 2020
    cesse47 wrote: »
    @Bex953172 Sounds like this is happening with some frequency. If so, that's concerning. Medication, emotions, or health issues can cause lack of appetite. Loss of taste or smell? That can cause appetite loss ... and, now, it's also a symptom of Covid19. Hungry for one particular dish? If so, that could be why you're not happy with what is being offered.
    No loss of taste and smell, don't think its a covid thing, its more like.. im not hungry for anything, so picking something is really frustrating
    Maybe take some time tonight to try to determine why this is happening. How frequently? What's stopping you from eating? Why do you need to eat regular meals? Do you have or should you establish an eating schedule? Do you have "nibblers" easily available ... sweet baby carrots, crunchy fresh cucumbers, grape tomatoes ... etc.
    Its kind of like, i don't even think about food, and when I'm hungry its like oh great, wtf am i gonna have, i should probably try an eating schedule, that might help but I'm still faced with not being able to decide

When you're hungry but can't eat, are you also angry? That may be a sign of a diabetic issue.
    Not always, ill look into the diabetic thing, but if I am angry and can't eat id say its more emotional

Skipping meals can also throw your body into a survival mode so it hangs on to every calorie and every drop of liquid ... resulting in a gain rather than loss.
    Well atm the weight is coming off, which normally is something to celebrate but it panics me a bit because I know its not a healthy way of losing weight

Don't consider it a miserable post ... we've all had crappy days. And, here's where you can post where people will better understand because we've experienced similar issues. Hang In There!! 💐

I think it gets even harder as the week goes on and as the fridge and cupboards get emptier, less choice to have.

And then there's times where I finally decide something to eat and either midway through making it or after ive had my first bite ill change my mind and just not eat it.

I've tried just forcing it down lol but it doesn't exactly make me feel great.

Eating, to me, is more like a chore now :/

I bolded my answers in your quote lol, was a lot of questions, but helpful questions, thank you for your time to reply x
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member
    Sneak peek of one of Sierra’s senior photos. The photographer sent me a teaser.
    6dcllp4hq9zs.jpeg
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,452 Member
    @cschmitz110515 - 1800.00 is an insane amount, I once had an accident in a parking lot, here in Alberta parking lot accidents are split 50/50 for blame. The other car was 10 or 11 years old, it had just moved his bumper a little bit, but since the bumper was all fibreglass and connected to the fenders they actually wrote his vehicle off as it was going to cost more to fix than the car was worth. It upped my insurance rate for 5 years waiting for that stupid thing. I miss the old cars of our youth that you could fix on your own and didn't cost a fortune.
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @Snowflake1968 Car park accidents are 50/50?!?!? How does that make any sense?!
    So i couldve parked my vehicle properly within the marked lines and then left it there so I'm not even IN the car, and yet its half my fault, for what?! My car being in the way whilst someone crashed Lmao

I'd be so annoyed at that law lol. I wouldn't even pay, I honestly wouldn't. Take the money out my dead lifeless hand lmao

Yep! That's why I haven't contacted my insurance company at all, or hers. Not sure if someone hitting my parked car (between the lines with me not even around) is covered under Collision or Comprehensive. Either way I have a deductible amount of $100 or $500, depending. I'm also not sure if my rate would go up in future, but betting yes.

The damage is not that much (imho) and I can live with some minor damage to my paid for, used 2012 car. Hubby thinks he can pull out more of the dent, and we can paint the scratch over.

Thank for posting @Snowflake1968. You helped me make up my mind, because the expectation of some well-meaning folks was I would get full repairs, which I think is ridiculous.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Saturday
    1. Therapy exercises: crunches, lunges, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Check email. Write everything down before it goes in the mouth. AM walk. Bike ride?
    3. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Check green room for paintbrushes and donations.
    4. Lunch: soup. Write a blog post - album? Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort
    5. Write a letter. Dinner: leftovers. 1 hr writing: letter to B.
    6. Color! 1 hr reading. RUN LINES. Type BS jobs. Protest 5:00 PM.
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    8. Writing: Album post. Message Z. Rehearsal 7-9. Need to work on unit plan for research.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, lunges, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. SHBP screening - August? Thursday visit parents - take photos. MH Monday check-in; Whatever Wednesday AMA. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Meet with Z&M Sun Aug 2 Stone Fort Stare.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of January: 194.6
    End of February: 196.2
    End of March: 193.8
    End of April: 192.6
    End of May: 191.8
    End of June: 192.2
    Today: 190.0

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning. PCP July 15 10:30. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots? left toe joints. Sleep center 778 3316.
    7. Theater: 1984.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Google Hangout. Dinners?
    12. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Progress. Today was a nothing day and I'm pretty glad of that.
  • Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    Daily habits: track, exercise, journal
    Friday Action Plan
    1. Up by 7:45, pill, timer, weigh😀
    2. Shower, pill😀
    3. Breakfast = yogurt + Kashi 😀
    4. On video 0855😀
    5. Add Brussel sprouts and berries to salads👿
    6. Lunch = salad + protein👿
    7. Weights afternoon 😀
    8. Check on fax👿
    9. Walk after work😀
    10. Dinner =?😀
    11. Make roast chicken for lunch protein👿
    12. Upstairs by 10😀
    13. Plan Saturday workout and meals😀
    14. Journal😀
    15. meditate👿
    16. Lights out by 11🤞

Today my exercise was on point, but my eating wasn’t. Technically in the green for calories, but way too much was sugary junk food rather than healthy. I’m sure I’ll wake up hungry from the lack of volume. I need to go back through my notes and see if this is a hormonal pattern, or if this is me being in avoidance mode from feeling overwhelmed with work. Either is quite possible.

Daily habits: track, exercise, journal
    Saturday Action Plan
    1. No alarm wake, pill, timer, weigh
    2. Pill, shower
    3. Change over laundry
    4. Breakfast = protein pancakes
    5. Exercise = long walk or hike
    6. Meal plan for week
    7. Finish laundry
    8. Check on fax
    9. Package and Return Amazon
    10. Lunch = salad + protein
    11. Dinner = ?
    12. Journal
    13. Meditate
    14. Lights out 11

July personal challenge
    Bicep emoji if I got in at least 1 push-up; Yoga figure if I set my intention before eating
    July 24: 💪🚫

GRATITUDE: I am grateful for my health and the ability to keep improving it.

WOTY: Habits
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,932 Member
    💜💜💜
    I choose to feed my body the nutrition it needs
    and feed my mind with the quality thoughts it deserves

💜💜💜

⛱🎡🎢🎠🏕 JULY 🏕🎠🎢🏕⛱

To all those essential workers still going out there....
    🙏🏻 Thank you for your service 🙏🏻
    Everyone else, please stay home!!!

What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
      Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri

SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 150

Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Jun: +0.2
      Weight has stabilised around 151.

July Daily Goals: Week 4
      Su: ✅ Mo: ✅ Tu: ✅ We: ✅
      Th: ✅ Fr: Sa:
      Good day yesterday, but overdid the carbs🤦🏼‍♀️
      Reduce Fat%:✅ 29.3 -> 27.1; 25.2; 25.1
      Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1 30.3
      Calories < in the green 🐝
      Steps > 7500 🐝 8542
      Weight < 155 🐝 151.1; 150.8 150.6
      Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily🐝 75
      Active hours > 6 daily🐝 10
      Activities I got to do
      Meditation✅ walk/jog✅
      Declutter bathroom ✅
      Cut out another 2 masks✅
      Make anniversary card✅
      Laundry fold/stow✅ Crochet✅
      Puzzles✅ Watch TV✅

• merope2
      merope2 Posts: 60 Member
      Friday: 1) all food logged 2) Project done by 11 3) vacuumed! (in fact I vacuumed right after posting)
      Saturday:
      1) log all food
      2) work on Project until 11 am
      3) mow lawn after lunch

Happy weekend, all!
    • Snowflake1968
      Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
      JFT - Friday July 24
      1L of Water - 🙂
      Log all Food - 🙂
      No Chips - 👿
      Gratitude Journal - 👿

JFT - Saturday July 25
      1L of Water
      Log all Food
      No Chips
      Gratitude Journal

Not much on the go for today, some cleaning and taking Michaela to the park. We’ll have to figure out some other things to keep her occupied as well.
    • cesse47
      cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
      Cesse - age 72 - Weigh-In

308.6 lbs - starting weight on 3/28
      289.8 lbs - weighin on 07/25 -- loss = 0.1 lbs -- (18.8 lb total loss to date)

JULY GOALS ---
      (1) Log all food and beverages honestly; Drink 10+ water [week 1 challenge = MEASURE IT!]
      (2) Exercise 30 min minimum (3000 steps)
      (3) Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter

TASKS FOR TODAY ---
      Do 20 min stretches and 30 min of walking
      Feed & Water animals -- done
      Water outside plants -- done
      Bedroom -- reorganize, declutter, strip bed & redo,

Basically stayed the same. Understandable. Had ham ... yummy ham! ... for 3 days. Blew sodium levels skyhigh. So, will have to up my water and watch sodium this coming week. Hopefully, will see better loss next Sat.

Met daughter for breakfast this morning. Usually spend about 2 hours when we meet up. Now, it's time to start on the bedroom.
    • Bex953172
      Guess my spill the other day also earned me a concussion so I’m out of service for a few days.

Oh my gosh are you okay!! You looked so battered in the photo!! Take care of yourself!! Xxx
    • TerriRichardson112
      💜💜💜
      I choose to feed my body the nutrition it needs
      and feed my mind with the quality thoughts it deserves

💜💜💜

⛱🎡🎢🎠🏕 JULY 🏕🎠🎢🏕⛱

To all those essential workers still going out there....
      🙏🏻 Thank you for your service 🙏🏻
      Everyone else, please stay home!!!

What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
        [*] structuring my day
        [*] morning and evening meditation
        [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
        [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
        [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
        [*] yoga/Taichi
        [*] Walks with DH
        [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
        [*] Decluttering
        [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
        Keep your chin up!
        Turning up is the ultimate success!
        2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:01 Aug 2019: 170.1
        31 Dec 2019: 151.2
        Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
        2020 Personal Weight Challenge
        Name: Terri

SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
        GW: 150

Jan: - 2
        Feb: - 1.3
        Mar: - 0.9
        Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
        May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
        Jun: +0.2
        Weight has stabilised around 151.

July Daily Goals: Week 4
        Su: ✅ Mo: ✅ Tu: ✅ We: ✅
        Th: ✅ Fr: ✅ Sa: ✅
        Pass day yesterday. Overdid the carbs🤦🏼‍♀️and Prosecco, still in the green, but have water retention, and carb bloat this morning.
        Reduce Fat%:✅ 29.3 -> 27.1; 25.2; 25.1
        Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1 30.3
        Calories < in the green 🐝
        Steps > 7500 🐝 7592
        Weight < 155 🐝 151.1; 150.8 150.6
        Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily🐝 65
        Active hours > 6 daily🐝 9
        Activities I got to do
        Meditation✅ walk/jog✅
        Local shopping for 'essentials' ✅
        Celebrate anniversary✅Rather too much celebration!!! 😂
        ✅ Crochet✅ Phone call from DED
        Puzzles✅ Watch TV✅
      • merope2
        merope2 Posts: 60 Member
        Saturday: all food logged, but mild fail on Project and complete fail on lawn. I will at least offer that my internet is down this weekend, which made Project work frustrating, and it was impossibly hot which really diminished my interest in the lawn. However, I'm taking that as a warning not to put too many things on the list, so today it's back to basics...

Sunday: log all food.
      • Bex953172
        Is it me or is it quiet on this thread nowadays?
      • TerriRichardson112
        Bex953172 wrote: »
        Is it me or is it quiet on this thread nowadays?

It varies from day to day. And I think that people may have less time, what with working from home/childcare issues, etc which are exacerbating the situation.
      • TerriRichardson112
        Guess my spill the other day also earned me a concussion so I’m out of service for a few days.

Please take it easy. Concussion is no joke. 💕💖💖
      • littleblackskirt
        littleblackskirt Posts: 920 Member
        I think the thread's always a bit quieter at the weekend.

I'm not going to hunt back for my Friday goals, but I know I was definitely in the green.

JFT Sunday 26th July

Log everything
        Stay in the green
        Back exercises
        5 fruit and veg
        Walk
        Foot exercises, have really sore feet just now
      • Bex953172
        Hahalooks like I spoke too soon haha x