Pet peeves?

Angel3914
Angel3914 Posts: 1 Member
also new here!! 😁

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Welcome!
    Personally I don't get peeved easily so I can't think of anything.
  • Slowfaster
    Slowfaster Posts: 185 Member
    Plans that make losing weight sound so complicated I give up before I start.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    When a OP asks for a specific answer to a specific concern and then people might state: "why do you want to do/change that? etc., "- not offering anything the OP asked.
  • Gaygirl2120
    Gaygirl2120 Posts: 541 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    When a OP asks for a specific answer to a specific concern and then people might state: "why do you want to do/change that? etc., "- not offering anything the OP asked.

I literally can not stand that. When someone asks a question and instead of answering it people are like. “Why do you want to do that?” Or “You don’t need that.” Like is that what I asked?! 🙄
  • Gaygirl2120
    My some of my current peeves:

Perfectly able bodied people who don’t put shopping carts away in designated areas.

People who use certain words that we rarely used to hear, just because they are popular right now. Like “Normalize” or “Toxic”.

When I’m in the middle of a phone call and someone starts talking to me at the same time. Oh I want to strangle people that do that 😤
  • Gaygirl2120
    Jax2120 wrote: »
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

I literally can not stand that. When someone asks a question and instead of answering it people are like. “Why do you want to do that?” Or “You don’t need that.” Like is that what I asked?! 🙄

There is an explanation for that. Sometimes new dieters think they NEED to do that specific thing which they don't exactly like to lose weight. They think they don't have a choice, so a reminder that they do is always nice. If they still choose to do that specific thing, then all power to them. The other case we see often is people who are making choices that could harm their health (undereating, over-exercising, disordered eating patterns...etc).

I can understand in some cases. But for example I have been into a fitness lifestyle for over 10 years. So if I ask what everyone’s favorite pre workout is and I just get “You don’t need a pre workout”. That’s not helpful. I personally like pre workouts and the kick they give me. If other people don’t, then they have nothing to offer to the conversation I’m starting and should just keep scrolling.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Being told how to do something by someone who doesn't have anymore of a clue than I do.
    Someone reading me an article that I have absolutely zero interest in. But if I try and share something with them I get 'I don't care'.
    People who don't wash their hands. Seriously. Dh used the bathroom the other day, came right out and touched my face. I flipped out on him.
    Making anything right on the kitchen counter without washing the counter before or after.
    Leaving dishes in the sink, caked on with leftover @rap and not throwing a bit of water at it. Same with anything in a cup, makes them all that much harder to wash.
    People who make jokes at the expense of others without a clue if it hurts their feelings or not.
    People not masking up and not staying away from me.

Ooh, I'm just getting started. :)
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    People that constantly fail at losing weight making "friends" with others that do the exact same thing, looking for those that they can commiserate with when they fail again. If someone is constantly on and off the wagon, don't friend them. They will sabotage your success.