WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - July 2020

Replies

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,193 Member
    If it doesn't challenge you, than it won't change you. These are the words I mutter to myself at midnight when I get home from work and stare into the freezer at those delicious Ice Cream Sandwiches.......I count to ten and grab a small handful of almonds instead. I have triggers, like we all do, getting past those triggers is my road to the promised land of health.
    A co-worker today asked me if I was loosing weight, she said my face looks thinner........
    I kinda see it but I look at my face every day, just didn't realize. I do know this tho, the difference between 250 and 215. I can tie my shoes with little effort now, I've packed most of my 38 pants and am now wearing my 36s, My Mother thinks I'm skipping meals (LOL). I feel smaller and faster on my bikes. I've been tucking my shirts in now for a few weeks, AND, I can put on my underwear without loosing my balance!!! This is a whole lot of NSV for me to take all at once. You guys have kept me on track where I may have reverted back to old habits without the friendly pressure of the group! (Pressure that I alone create for wanting to be successful and a role model) and for that I thank each and every one of you, Thank you!
    I plan on finishing out the month, and then I would like to request being put on to the Cheer leading squad so that I may enjoy a month of maintenance.

This be me on Tuesday at 215 lbs !
    And yes that's an Ice Coffee, maybe a little bit of Kahlua in there as well! lol
    I'm all emotional about this, for real, no joke!!
    If it doesn't challenge you, than it won't change you!
    Rock on team, Much Love!

iakz1c9mcqa1.jpg

Wow thanks for the great post
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    Hello all -

I am done in! We went to Uxbridge today for Pippa’s 3rd birthday party. The menu was gluten free, which may have been helpful in keeping calories to some moderate level. Luckily it was one of my two ‘eat up’ days of the week.

Lots of activity too. After the cake we went for a long hike ~ Uxbridge being the hiking capital of Canada. I pushed the double stroller a good amount of the time so my footsteps weren’t tracked (Fitbit depends on swinging arms). The children wanted to be held a lot. They’ve gotten quite heavy - the one year old is about 28 lbs.

I couldn’t resist joining in at the park, as they just opened up the swings and slides a couple of days ago and my counterpart, DIL’s mother, is quite active that way (she swims across the lake at their cottage daily). My son pushed me on the swing and did an underdog twice which had me going perilously high. I went down the slide three times too.

You’ve never seen people so happy to have the park amenities opened back up. I went over to the water fountain and pushed the button just to see the water spout out of it. What amazing times to realize the things we take for granted.

It was our entire circle of 10, including Wendy, who remains stranded in Canada. She had such a great day. Her biggest takeaway was the freedom she felt not having to wear a mask. She fell asleep on the drive home just like a child. (FYI, for those who don’t know, Wendy is an international college student from Vietnam who lives with me and was supposed to go home at the end of the academic year.)

BYW, the baby in my pics yesterday is my grandson, Gilbert.

I’ll catch up with your posts tomorrow.
  • KristieJC
    KristieJC Posts: 243 Member
    @1theresamcvean, underdogs. Awesome! I still love swinging and I’m nearly 50. You’re never too old to swing.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,193 Member
    edited July 2020
    PW 125
    CW 125

Steps
    Sun 19,421
    Mon 20,242
    Tue 20,291
    Wed 21,121
    Thu 12,151
    Fri 10,047
    Sat 13,306

Total 116,579
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    07/24 steps 9028
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Saturday 7/25
    Food: over
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 25 minutes medium/high intensity

I didn't do much with my morning. Laundry while I exercised, read a few chapters of my book for book club, then got sleepy so I took a nap.

My family got together for supper at my sister's house. My oldest nephew and his wife were in town. it was really nice seeing them since it was Thanksgiving the last time they were here. Most of my family was there so it was nice getting together.

We were all entertained by my almost 9 month old niece. She's so much fun to watch. She's growing so fast!

My brother-in-law grilled burgers and there was potato salad, homemade applesauce and lots of other food. We always say if you leave this house hungry, it's your own fault.🤣
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Hi all,

@KUMEcyclingteam - wow, huge congrats and such an inspiration. Looking fab :)

@1theresamcvean - thank you for the kind words, hopefully shall get there in the end. Your grandbaby is just adorable <3 Sounds like you had fun at the park, I agree, swinging is always fun lol!

@Zumba_Luvah - great loss, congrats!

@Cafelelia - thank you for the support. Yes, the therapy is very draining but I am surprised to see some small improvements already so fingers crossed it will be worth it in the long term. Glad you're still managing to get some family time in :)

@hope002 - I'm loving your positive attitude, as you say it's not 'fat gain' so am sure you'll be back down again next week

@GingerPwr - congrats on the loss! Hope your stress eases up soon, and yup, self care and health takes many forms so just focus on what you need at the moment x

Yesterday was a pretty good day. Kept under my calories and been chatting to some friends online, which is nice. I'm also trying to make more time for 'me things' and have been getting back to doing some painting this week - I'm very out of practice but enjoying it :)

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    t4yq2dd8yxf4.png
    55jcej2u0g17.png
    io5jd8n0wudz.png
    k633tf85hgzr.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 0.20%
    2nd Trimstones 0.19%
    3rd Waist Aways 0.12%
    3rd -2 Shrinking Assets 0.12%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Trimstones 8.3 Lbs
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 8.0 Lbs
    3rd Waist Aways 5.5 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @bburrer30 2.23 %
    2nd @apple852hk 2.07%
    3rd @Emmajhare 2.03%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @bburrer30 3.8 Lbs
    2nd @megan_smartiepants1970 3.2 Lbs
    3rd @Apple852hk 3.0 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @LaurieWrobo
    @Arc130
    @Stefbomb2020
    @biketheworld
    @loria901
    @KUMEcyclingteam
    @wbs2020
    @dillyg08
    @Cafelelia

gw5rlkhm5xws.png
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    8p9jqwpgbtdx.png

25+ Lost

@Carriestrine

Under 175

@Freeglerock

Under 150
    @cafeleila

m49nv8dmlujs.jpg

AMAZING LOSS OF OVER 100 LBS!!!!!!!!!!
    @Terytha

4fzvm1634vvr.png

CONGRATUALTIONS FOR REACHING ONEDERLAND
    @Tryingagain5

sryh8d5j4hxt.png
    CONGRATULATIONS FOR REACHING GOAL
    @KUMEcyclingteam
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    Steps...

Sun- 8,741
    Mon 8,799
    Tues- 7,806
    Wed 7,160
    Thurs- 4,225
    Fri 6,997
    Sat- 3,133
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember slow and steady wins the race! B)

87fillfs6jrx.png
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Hello everyone! Hope you’re enjoying your weekend! It is extremely hot & humid here!🥵🥵

I’m feeling good! I’m so focused & sticking to plan! Almost back to the 150’s, I can’t believe it! Been working out consistently. It is not easy, but definitely worth it!

Have a great day!😊
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited July 2020
    Saturday check in
    Food - on target
    Water - 2.2l
    Exercise - rest day
    Nice day yesterday and lately, I am trying to make weekends really be weekends for me and the family. We are back to the heatwave this weekend. I just took a walk and with the humidex, it was 100 F. So I cut the distance in half and will walk again much later tonight.
    @ljdanny - Thanks for the steps and hope that you are doing well.
    @podperson1 - Glad that you had a good day yesterday. Going back to a hobby like painting sounds wonderful.
    @tryingagain5 - That is so nice that you were able to spend time with your family!
    @GingerPwr - Fantastic loss and staying in your goal zone! Family stress is really tough. I have been having some lately too. I love you insight about what self-care looks like. It takes many, many forms, and the important thing is to keep practicing it in whatever way works for you.
    @annliz23 - Nice maintain and very, impressive steps!
    @kirsten11872 - Fantastic loss!
    @1theresamcvean - What a wonderful day! Days like that are just so good for the soul. I hope that it helped Wendy too. It cannot be easy being here and not being able to travel home).
    @KristieJC - Great way to choose you meal! I know it can be tough not eating everything that is in front of you. You are doing great! My husband is smoking brisket and a pork shoulder right now. I am a vegetarian, so I don’t eat it anyway. But the rub that he made sure smells yummy!
    @hope002 - I love your perspective and attitude towards that gain! And please never worry about the team stats as we all have our ups and downs.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,900 Member
This discussion has been closed.