Women 200lb+, Let's Jump For Joy This July!!!

Replies

• cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Cesse - age 72 - Weigh-In

308.6 lbs - starting weight on 3/28
    289.8 lbs - weighin on 07/25 -- loss = 0.1 lbs -- (18.8 lb total loss to date)

JULY GOALS ---
    (1) Log all food and beverages honestly; Drink 10+ water [week 1 challenge = MEASURE IT!]
    (2) Exercise 30 min minimum (3000 steps)
    (3) Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter

TASKS FOR TODAY ---
    Do 20 min stretches and 30 min of walking
    Feed & Water animals -- done
    Water outside plants -- done
    Bedroom -- reorganize, declutter, strip bed & redo,

Basically stayed the same. Understandable. Had ham ... yummy ham! ... for 3 days. Blew sodium levels skyhigh. So, will have to up my water and watch sodium this coming week. Hopefully, will see better loss next Sat.

Met daughter for breakfast this morning. Usually spend about 2 hours when we meet up. Now, it's time to start on the bedroom.
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    @eliezalot -- Welcome!! Nice loss from 6/19!! WTG. I'm sure you'll be in Onederland very, very soon!

@wanderinglight -- You have the right attitude and goals. There's no doubt in my mind that you'll see that scale moving in a downward trajectory very soon.

@AlexandraFindsHerself1971 -- Lovely fur babies! I have a one year old female. Her name is Mila ... sometimes called Mila Moo. LOL She's a dilute calico. Very sweet face which hides a mighty hunter. She vibrates when she sees the chipmunks on the porch. :p

@pamiede -- Congrats on regaining the downward trend! You are doing so great! You'll hit goal very soon I'm sure.

@Tarzan37 -- yep, I can relate. Basically lost about 1 lb during July. This next week I'm restructuring my goals for August. Really need to get back in the game. Good Luck 🍀
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Note to self: Next time you do that sandwich, do one quarter of the bread, not half the bread. I ate too much and am uncomfortable.
    However, the idea of an Italian Hot Beef sandwich is a very good one.

I'm going to be sitting and carefully digesting for a time. Oof. Also maybe not eating a heavy dinner.
  • micwrites
    micwrites Posts: 120 Member
    I got my mug! Thank you @wanderinglight for the support, inspiration and great products! Every time I look at it I laugh. My daughter and I are fighting over it. New day here in every way. It’s 95 degrees but I’m out there in the yard doing things. Ready for a swim soon.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    Thanks all for your support. I knew this was a possibility so I was somewhat prepared. My field is cyclical so I have been through this before but not with a pandemic thrown in.

@mandti7213 losing weight is more about food but of course you need to figure in the exercise. With that much exercise you need to make sure you are fueling it enough as well.
    @CupcakeCruesoe I like that – weight loss is a marathon. Yes my kids were the same they wouldn’t eat a treat and it would be a temptation to me.
    @ChrysalisCove I have had smart watch issues too. Sorry.
    @cesse47 I listed some potential areas of focus now for me knowing I am not going right back to work and a lot was about decluttering. I think the transfer station is still closed but not good will. I do have experience teaching at the Community College level and I loved it. I also taught art to kids and home schooled a teen with autism. Right now I want work that is online/work from home with until the rate of infection slows way down. The schools here have just decided not to have in person instruction.
    Welcome new posters.
    @AlexandraFindsHerself I hate it when I forget to weigh! I love your cat descriptions. Our older kittens are almost twins. At first we couldn’t tell them apart well but now it is much easier. There are not many physical differences but a bunch of personality ones.
    @pamiede glad things are going again.
    @speyerj I hope you figure things out and feel better soon.
    @micwrites hope you had a great swim

I did a lot of walking at the beach. My good knee is complaining a bit. I walk in the water at the beach and so there is resistance with each step. My legs and knees are not used to that and walking so long. Yesterday we had a shorter walk before driving home but I am sore and stiff. Thursday we had a short walk in the morning and a longer one in the afternoon. Hopefully my legs and knees will think regular walking is easier this week. I didn’t do any weight training but my legs did have that resistance work. I stayed under my calorie goal each day since I had all that walking despite all the yummy food.

I am taking till the end of the month to consider next steps. Before my focus was on losing and getting stronger while I had the time in case I went back to work by Aug 1. Now I feel I can have a broader focus.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    speyerj wrote: »
    Name: Jane
    SW: 286.5 (6/3/19)
    GW: 175 ? Not sure
    6/30 weight: 177.0

Weekly tracking:
    7/4: 176.2
    7/11: 174.5
    7/18: 172.9
    7/25: 172.9
    7/31:

July goals:
    Maintain my weight between 172 and 177 ✅
    Continue to log food daily ✅
    Run a half marathon ✅
    Continue to run 4x week ✅
    Get at least 45 "active" minutes a day✅
    Get at least 10,000 steps ✅

Had a really stable week weight wise, with daily weigh-ins all between 172.5 and 173.3. I may have figured out my maintenance calories. Will have to see what happens over the next month. But I am liking how I feel and look.

Only issue is that my blood pressure crept up this week and I started getting headaches. I've been off meds for about 7 weeks now. (Got taken off after a fainting spell when my blood pressure dropped too low). I'm frustrated by that. But I think I may know the cause. I stopped using my C-Pap machine about 3 weeks ago. I felt like I didn't need it since I'd lost so much weight. My occurrence of apneas during the night had gone way down and I thought maybe weight loss had cured me. Foolish Jane. I'm back to using it again and I'll keep monitoring and reach out to my doctor if a week of religious C-Pap use doesn't bring down the BP. I do not want to return to meds again!!

Some people just wind up needing the CPAP. My boyfriend was very heavy and had weight loss surgery. One of the things he was hoping for was the ability to get off the CPAP. Nope. Some people just have the insides of their heads set that way, I guess, and it doesn't matter how much you weigh.
  • micwrites
    Early morning out on the beach!!

gyfjl576yf1c.jpeg

Looking great! And what a beautiful place. Rock on!
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,720 Member
    Early morning out on the beach!!

gyfjl576yf1c.jpeg

Good morning!

You look so happy and quite fantastic!
    Enjoy your day!

Jill 😁
  • micwrites
    KeriA wrote: »
    Thanks all for your support. I knew this was a possibility so I was somewhat prepared. My field is cyclical so I have been through this before but not with a pandemic thrown in.

@mandti7213 losing weight is more about food but of course you need to figure in the exercise. With that much exercise you need to make sure you are fueling it enough as well.
    @CupcakeCruesoe I like that – weight loss is a marathon. Yes my kids were the same they wouldn’t eat a treat and it would be a temptation to me.
    @ChrysalisCove I have had smart watch issues too. Sorry.
    @cesse47 I listed some potential areas of focus now for me knowing I am not going right back to work and a lot was about decluttering. I think the transfer station is still closed but not good will. I do have experience teaching at the Community College level and I loved it. I also taught art to kids and home schooled a teen with autism. Right now I want work that is online/work from home with until the rate of infection slows way down. The schools here have just decided not to have in person instruction.
    Welcome new posters.
    @AlexandraFindsHerself I hate it when I forget to weigh! I love your cat descriptions. Our older kittens are almost twins. At first we couldn’t tell them apart well but now it is much easier. There are not many physical differences but a bunch of personality ones.
    @pamiede glad things are going again.
    @speyerj I hope you figure things out and feel better soon.
    @micwrites hope you had a great swim

I did a lot of walking at the beach. My good knee is complaining a bit. I walk in the water at the beach and so there is resistance with each step. My legs and knees are not used to that and walking so long. Yesterday we had a shorter walk before driving home but I am sore and stiff. Thursday we had a short walk in the morning and a longer one in the afternoon. Hopefully my legs and knees will think regular walking is easier this week. I didn’t do any weight training but my legs did have that resistance work. I stayed under my calorie goal each day since I had all that walking despite all the yummy food.

I am taking till the end of the month to consider next steps. Before my focus was on losing and getting stronger while I had the time in case I went back to work by Aug 1. Now I feel I can have a broader focus.

So sorry to hear this news @KeriA. I am a real believer that the universe will bring you what you need when you need it. If there is a vacuum (loss of job), it will be filled. You seem to have a great attitude about it and I’m glad that you have some vacation time to rest and relax. Be good to yourself.
  • planktonbye
    planktonbye Posts: 58 Member
    speyerj wrote: »
    Only issue is that my blood pressure crept up this week and I started getting headaches. I've been off meds for about 7 weeks now. (Got taken off after a fainting spell when my blood pressure dropped too low). I'm frustrated by that. But I think I may know the cause. I stopped using my C-Pap machine about 3 weeks ago. I felt like I didn't need it since I'd lost so much weight. My occurrence of apneas during the night had gone way down and I thought maybe weight loss had cured me. Foolish Jane. I'm back to using it again and I'll keep monitoring and reach out to my doctor if a week of religious C-Pap use doesn't bring down the BP. I do not want to return to meds again!!

Holy moley. Glad you're in close touch with your doctor! I agree, if you can control it without meds, best to do it that way.

• changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    @cesse47 I love the tasks you set for yourself, you are so good at housework! Honestly, you put me to shame! I seem to be endlessly doing the washing, hanging up washing, folding washing, packing away washing, and then starting all over again!

@pamiede What an amazing journey you have been on and the finish line is in sight, such sweet victory! I would love to read about the journey of your amazing loss of 121,4 pounds!! (When you get a chance) Sending you a virtual hug

@BrownSugar174 What an awesome pic of you at the beach, fit and fabulous xx your smoothie looks delicious.

@speyerj Oh, dear Jane that's not good news about your bp! Good thing you figured out what to do before having another fainting spell, I really hope it stabilizes so that you don't need to be on meds! Good luck with maintenance x

@KeriA Glad, you got to enjoy your beach break and get some walking in! Praying that you are able to find another job that you really love soon! And that you will be ok in the meantime x

• jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,720 Member
    pamiede wrote: »
    @BrownSugar174 You look FANTASTIC!!!

@speyerj I’ve has to really monitor my blood pressure as well. I’m still on BP meds, but my pressure will drop and I’ll have dizzy spells. My doctor has scaled back my meds twice. I’m hoping he’ll do it again at my next check up.

Slowly but surely getting back to myself.
    fcbpjjr7pjtd.jpeg

You look beautiful, smart, and fun in both pics...but healthier in the 2nd. 🥰
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    BP was 121/74 this morning, so going back on C-Pap seems to be working.

@pamiede - you look amazing. Looking forward to cheering you as you cross the finish line.

@brownsugar174 - Looking fit and fabulous, as always!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    micwrites wrote: »
    I got my mug! Thank you @wanderinglight for the support, inspiration and great products! Every time I look at it I laugh. My daughter and I are fighting over it. New day here in every way. It’s 95 degrees but I’m out there in the yard doing things. Ready for a swim soon.

So glad it arrived safely! And you are so welcome. Keep on rowing :)
  • mmdeveau
    mmdeveau Posts: 107 Member
    edited July 2020
    Welcome to all new posters on the thread!

@SquidVonBob – sorry for your loss. It’s been a difficult time all-round this year, and it all seems to keep coming.

@jspeyer – Hope controlling your BP is as “simple” as using your CPAP. I know how much of a pain it is but so many people realize huge benefits to using the CPAP. Sleep apnea not always weight-related. Even in my own family, both overweight and normal weight people need to use a CPAP.

@pamiede – happy to hear you’re on the mend. You look great and now you’re so close to your goal, too!

@KeriA – sorry to hear about your job. I’m glad you got some respite at the beach, and I hope you will find something soon! I think you mentioned you read that running actually helps knees. I have horrible knees, but when I run my knees feel better. I think it’s because my stronger leg muscles offer more support and take some of the stress off the joints. Of course losing weight helps, too.

@AlexandraFindsHerself1972 – looks like you and your family – people and animals - are getting settled into your new place. It’s always a nice feeling, getting back on track.

@puboochu – welcome! I had regained a significant amount of weight a little over a year ago and I had to start back slow. The first things I did: started exercising, started drinking more water, and started eating better. I know I lost weight, but I couldn’t face weighing myself. I started weighing again after Labor Day last year. Make small changes until they become habits, then add new changes. One day at a time.

@BrownSugar174 - so glad to see your picture - you look great, and so happy on the beach.

Height: 5' 6"
    SW (09/08/2019): 239.2 lbs
    July SW (7/1/20): 166.4 lbs
    7/5/20: 162.8 lbs
    7/12/20: 161.2 lbs
    7/19/20: 162.8 lbs
    7/26/20: 158.8 lbs

July GW: under 160 lbs

GW: 150 lbs – I’ll be happy when I reach this initial goal weight, because it’s when I will truly be half my size! But looking at myself now in the 160s, it looks like I have at least 20 more pounds to lose.

Goals for July:
    • Running: I’ve been running or walking 3 or 4 days a week. I tried to run a long run yesterday, but I went out later than I planned and the heat just sapped my energy. I really need to start carrying some water with me, I think dehydration has been getting to me, even when there’s no heat wave. I did get a run in that was a bit longer than my “regular” 6-mile run.
    • Cross training: I cross-trained on the bike three days this week.
    • Weight training: I swear I’m going to start doing planks this week.
    • Water: Keep drinking water, at least 128 ounces a day – definitely tried this week to get more than the 128 ounces.
    • Skin: Still so bad with this.
    So last week I bemoaned that I wasn’t losing weight. I started to go in the wrong direction, again, in the middle of the week, then the next day the fates stepped in and I had a huge whoosh. I really hope it’s a “permanent” whoosh and not a fluke. The huge whoosh was followed with a surprise mini-whoosh of a 1 pound loss the next day, hopefully a bit of trend that will continue.

Very glad to have met my weight goal for July, though I’m not ready to make it official until the 31st.

I still struggle a bit with emotions surrounding my scale weight. The mid-week increase didn’t affect me the way it would have even last week, though. I hope I’m back to the scale weight is just a number mode. I listened to the Phit n’ Phat podcast this week and a lot of it was about the scale being tied to happiness, and how we need to watch our internal monologues because the language we use is important.

I once read something about the connection between gut health and weight gain/control. I find it interesting that I has so much trouble after finishing a course of strong antibiotics.

Someone mentioned listening to podcasts. I don’t listen to as many, but I found the “How Did This Get Made?” podcast. They discuss bad movies and it’s hysterical. Like many other podcasts, there’s a bit of a language warning. I don’t know if anyone remembers the website Television Without Pity, but How Did This Get Made? reminds me of that site. I do miss Television without Pity…

Five more days to go in July. Good luck wrapping up this month and hopefully meeting your goals. I feel like we all deserve some sort of prize for getting through each month of 2020!
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,090 Member
    Age 51
    Highest weight 105.5kg (aug 2018)
    Lowest weight 94.7kg (march 2020)
    Goal weight 80kg
    start weight 99.2kg start of month
    Goal weight 98.0 kg end of month
    actual weight 100.2kg

July goals

💛 To plan my meals in advance for the week have just started this

💛 To keep snacks under 25% of cals wk 1 - 35%, wk 2 - 25%, nearly there! wk 3 - 24%, yay!, wk 4 - 25%

💛 To keep average for the week under 2000 cals gross wk 1 - 2381, wk 2 - 2133, wk 3 - 2044, wk 4 - 2307, didn't make it this month

Weighed in the same this week as last.

However, I did have a think about @wanderinglight 's post about willpower, and I sat down and had a think about it. I think for me (and everyone is different), I need to keep my focus on eating healthier, and not try to achieve lots of other goals. Other goals, such as exercise, normally lead to me eating more. I do a fair amount of exercise anyway, I walk everywhere because I don't have a car, I like to swim a couple of times a week and I like to do yoga or a dance class once or twice a week. If I do more than this, I tend to feel like I need a 'reward'. Plus the more time I am outside the house, the more likely I am to have a meal out, or to buy snacks. So if I'm going to lose weight it needs to be my primary focus.