FAT2FIT - AUGUST 2020 Registration is OPEN!

jugar
jugar Posts: 9,901 Member
uic5f2qbfp34.png

We hope you'll consider FAT 2 FIT, a weight loss challenge and support group. A community. A wonderful group of warm, fun, and strong people to help make your journey possible. Come for August and stay on for the long haul. This group is here to support you all the way to your goal and beyond!

AUGUST 2020 REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
The AUGUST Challenge will run for four weeks from AUGUST 2nd - AUGUST 29th, 2020
because we always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday no matter what!

REGISTRATIONS:
Sunday July 25th - Sunday August 2nd

WHAT WE DO:
The group is divided into six teams. Each team is made up of +/- 25 members, including Captains and Motivators. We conduct challenges throughout the month to help inspire and maintain motivation. We weigh in and report weekly to gauge our success. Your team is your community support group - active participation is strongly encouraged!

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO FIRST:
Before you join, you need to spend some time looking around. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group
Check out the teams. Look at the challenges. Decide if you will commit to use this as your primary weight loss support and motivation team. Will you participate fully - stick with it, actively posting in your team, learning and helping - for the full month? Hopefully you'll like it so much you will stay for many more months! If it looks like you'd fit in, then SIGN UP!

HOW TO SIGN UP:
This is the easy part.

Post the following information:

MFP USER NAME
YOUR CHOSEN WEIGH-IN DAY
YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT
PREFERRED TEAM (if you have one)

That's it! One of our Moderators will assign you to a team.

GO REGISTER AND WE WILL DO THE REST! BUT PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER HERE! GO TO
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10804912/registration-for-new-members-august-2020#latest

All team assignments are done on that thread, not here.

See you soon!

Replies

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    This is an awesome group! Great support and accountability for weight loss and a healthy lifestyle. There are weekly step challenges, weekly fun optional challenges, and also, support for those people who hit goal. I have lost 20 lbs so far with this challenge and with their help, I am about 10 lbs from goal. Just an amazing group of people!
  • jugar
    ttt
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    If you are looking for support/motivation and a great group of people ...Then I suggest you sign up with F2F ...I think you will be happy you did :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Awesome group. I have been with them for almost 1.5 years. The people are great and I find it motivating.
  • simifadeyibi26
    simifadeyibi26 Posts: 3 Member
    MFP username : simifadeyibi26
    Cw : 298.7lbs
    Weigh in day : Saturday
  • jugar
    edited July 2020
    Everyone has been assigned a team so far - go check on the registration page if you do not see it here!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10804912/registration-for-new-members-august-2020/p3

It is great to see so many new people! We will have a wonderful August.
  • krupalip
    krupalip Posts: 62 Member
    Hi I am krupali, would like to join the F2F challenge

MFP USER NAME - krupalip
    YOUR CHOSEN WEIGH-IN DAY - Monday
    YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT - 59.7 kgs
    PREFERRED TEAM (if you have one) - no preferences
  • tobeme3
    tobeme3 Posts: 22 Member
    Thanks for the warm welcome and to all the new people joining along with me. :)

Here's to the group finishing strong! Hope you all will be with us in August :)

Did 40 km of cycling both yesterday and today, exploring the city of montreal. Great bike paths we have. This is more than i have done since last year. Really want to push myself. Plan to keep at it.

Trying to make sure i get stretching in, out of routine, but motivated. Eating has been ok, but have good food to complement it more. Here's to making it! ,)

My 2nd post so still swinging.
  • jugar
    edited July 2020
    Welcome @krupalip and @tobeme3 !

You're in Montreal, @tobeme3 !!! I'm in the Eastern townships, retired prof from Concordia University. I don't go to Montreal much any more but there is a chance some day we could meet up! Before you do anything else, though - I do not see where you put your weigh-in day and current weight. I need those as soon as you can! Post them in the team thread (see below).

OK on to the team assignments :smiley:

@krupalip - you will be joining the Shrinking Assets. They are a dynamic and lively group and I'm sure you'll have a great time with them, losing and getting in shape! Go to the July chat thread, and dive right in with an introduction and get to know everyone. The August thread will be set up soon and everyone will transfer over, but for now just go ahead and start. They are all at
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10801610/shrinking-assets-team-chat-july-2020#latest

@tobeme3 - I can't resist putting you on my team, the WaistAways! It is fun to have a fellow Québecer in the team, and we have a few in Alberta as well. Go to introduce yourself, set some goals, and be ready to roll -
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10801607/waistaways-team-chat-july-2020/p30

For both of you, it helps to go to the FIRST page of your team chat thread where you will see some general guidelines and introductions, and then skip to the LAST page to post your intro. For more general information, bookmark the home page of F2F. Good luck!!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group
  • tobeme3
    tobeme3 Posts: 22 Member
    Hi Jugar,

I would love to be on your team with/fellow quebecers/canadians etc.

Little problem. I originally signed up with launa.soul and you put me on slimpossibles but then I posted from my cell phone with (tobeme3) name, not realizing.

So if I can switch teams to waistaways, I'd actually prefer using the tobeme3 name too. Here is my info again.

MFP USER NAME - tobeme3
    YOUR CHOSEN WEIGH-IN DAY - Saturday
    YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT - 200 lbs

Please let confirm which team I should be on. Sorry for the confusion. :)
  • jugar
    tobeme3 wrote: »
    Hi Jugar,

I would love to be on your team with/fellow quebecers/canadians etc.

Little problem. I originally signed up with launa.soul and you put me on slimpossibles but then I posted from my cell phone with (tobeme3) name, not realizing.

So if I can switch teams to waistaways, I'd actually prefer using the tobeme3 name too. Here is my info again.

MFP USER NAME - tobeme3
    YOUR CHOSEN WEIGH-IN DAY - Saturday
    YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT - 200 lbs

Please let confirm which team I should be on. Sorry for the confusion. :)

OK - I am a bit confused, but maybe have it straight now! You are BOTH launasoul and tobeme3 - the same person, right? If so, I will remove launasoul from the Slimpossibles and put you as tobeme3 on WaistAways. Let me know if that is right! Thanks
  • bigbeff82
    bigbeff82 Posts: 31 Member
    MFP USER NAME bigbeff82
    YOUR CHOSEN WEIGH-IN DAY Friday
    YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT 148lb
    PREFERRED TEAM (if you have one) any 😊
  • jugar
    bigbeff82 wrote: »
    MFP USER NAME bigbeff82
    YOUR CHOSEN WEIGH-IN DAY Friday
    YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT 148lb
    PREFERRED TEAM (if you have one) any 😊

Welcome! You squeak in on the last day - well done!

You will be heading for the Downsizers. This is a wonderful and generous team - you will find a lot of support and they will keep you on track! Go right away to the team chat thread and introduce yourself. Dive in!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10805518/downsizers-team-chat-august-2020#latest

Be sure to use the F2F main page as well - it is the easiest way to navigate to any section. The team threads are all under "Discussions" and the full group challenges and info are under "Announcements". Bookmark both this and the team thread and you'll always be able to get there easily. Good luck!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group