Gardening Brag Book

4legsRbetterthan2
4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
Did you get a new plant you are excited about? Do you have an excellent veggie crop this year? Maybe you just love a certain flower in your garden? Or do you get some neat visitors every now and then? Here is the place to brag about it!

Replies

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited July 2020
    My eggplants are doing great this year, which is surprising because I have never had luck with them. I am planning to make moussaka and baba ghanoush.

On the other hand, my cherry tomatoes are struggling, and I usually have good luck with them. It is all backwards this year for me.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    My eggplants are doing great this year, which is surprising because I have never had luck with them. I am planning to make moussaka and baba ghanoush.

On the other hand, my cherry tomatoes are struggling, and I usually have good luck with them. It is all backwards this year for me.

Got hit with a hornworm this year, my first, little *kitten* :angry:
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    edited July 2020
    Feel like this is the appropriate place to say "I love plants!"

I'm an apartment dweller, have a few outside plants, but super serious question about house plants.....

Anyone else have a purple shamrock indoors? Its my beauty, pride and joy - but lately some of the "shamrocks" are getting mushy and dying...I've read its supposed to go into a dormancy around this time of year - but not sure what to do because most of the plant looks good. Only got it last year. Should I stop watering it...as suggested by research 😢...I hate the thought.

Also, if anyone knows - should I let it go dormant and split the pips?
    ...And how to do so
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    The olive crop is awesome gmukj0ji1ydz.jpeg

Those are Awesome :)
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Feel like this is the appropriate place to say "I love plants!"

I'm an apartment dweller, have a few outside plants, but super serious question about house plants.....

Anyone else have a purple shamrock indoors? Its my beauty, pride and joy - but lately some of the "shamrocks" are getting mushy and dying...I've read its supposed to go into a dormancy around this time of year - but not sure what to do because most of the plant looks good. Only got it last year. Should I stop watering it...as suggested by research 😢...I hate the thought.

Also, if anyone knows - should I let it go dormant and split the pips?
    ...And how to do so

If most of a plant looks good except one part I usually trim off the dead stuff and leave the rest alone.

My experience with most indoor plants is they are pretty finicky about watering, too much can be just as detrimental as too little, so if you think you are over watering try cutting back and see how it does.

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    @GymGoddessGoals what are the spiky looking flowers on the left?
  • Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    Loving this thread so much!

I've had my name on a list for an allotment for years and had an email today - I might have one on the 10th of August!

Here's the plant patch of my garden right now. A bit wild looking but I like it that way and it's better for the bees (I have a beehive)

mt3lplyv8vi8.jpg
  • amandabethc
    amandabethc Posts: 16 Member
    I love to garden! One of my main motivations to lose weight. Tonight I picked two zucchini and a couple of tomatoes. My most exciting find was the caterpillars on my dill! Not being sarcastic; I love knowing I'm helping the little guys out!
  • Hanibanani2020
    Hanibanani2020 Posts: 523 Member
    We have a pollen problem up in here rfk3ews7zl7v.jpeg