The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    RandJ6280 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Happy mid week!!
    What's up with the middle agers? We finally got out new fridge yesterday, I'm making chicken stock to make spicy Thai soup, planning a trip to Niagara for Saturday. Yay

GREAT for ya'll. I LOVE Thai food. We did a Japanese steak house last night for dinner.... WAY to much sodium... I'm feeling it today. Niagara?? sounds fun... never been there... would love to. I've flown over it when I was in the Air Force.... we were on a C-130, they dropped the back end and we were strapped in. It was fun and exciting.

This soup is really good I made it a couple if weeks ago. It's crazy spicy but was one of those things you eat saying omg this is too spicy but it's also too good haha

I'm lining up a couple of wineries to go to and we will stop at a couple of waterfalls but not go to the actual falls. Here if you're going to Niagara then usually it means the area....going to the falls means you're going to Niagara falls. Haha. I want to visit some fruit markets too and we'll probably stop at the Welland canal. You can look online and find out when ships are passing through the locks. It's really quite neat. My family always would stop there and now we make it a stop and often take visitors. It's a bit off the beaten track kinda thing

I would imagine if you're anywhere close to the actual falls.... it gets touristy. I follow a photographer on YouTube, and she is from Hamilton and she does landscape work.. AMAZING area. But she rarely goes to the falls.

Ya there is the Niagara escarpment which is basically a cliff. Lots of beautiful stuff there. Hamilton is the waterfall capital apparently, pretty much all the city has going for it. 🤣😂 It's always been the steel town so a bit ick
  • Gracenote74
    Gracenote74 Posts: 5 Member
    Hello, I'm 46 trying to lose 46 pounds and new to MFP. I'm retired law enforcement and working on my master's degree. I'm not much of an extrovert but I'm trying to connect to others like me who got a lot of weight to lose and could use the extra inspiration once and a while. Be safe everyone and stay healthy....feel free to add me :smile:
  • Gracenote74
    Gracenote74 Posts: 5 Member
    How do I add someone?
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    How do I add someone?

To add friends on MFP using the desktop app:

1) Click on the username in the left sidebar. A window showing the username will open.
    2) Click on the username again. The user's profile will open.
    3) Click on the "Add Friend" button on the user's profile page. There is an option to send a message along with the request. That's always a good idea - just a short note mentioning where you saw the user, some common interests or goals, etc.
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    TGIF fellow old folks - how is everyone doing this morning??? Anyone have big or exciting plans for the weekend?
  • RandJ6280
    edited July 2020
    Happy Friday! I am just finishing my move out to the country, and will be so happy to have all that done by Monday. Hope you all have a good weekend!:)
    TGIF fellow old folks - how is everyone doing this morning??? Anyone have big or exciting plans for the weekend?

I get to spend the weekend in the ER - my weekend to work,. ugh.
    Moving to the country ~ sounds nice.... and quiet. You're my neighbor right???? Georgia? I'm from Alabama. Having a very nice morning, in spite of still having to work from home. With the rain that came through last night it brought some cooler temperatures.
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    Hi all! I have been on and off of MFP for years. The quarantine knocked me off of my daily routine and so I decided to make a new routine which includes logging on to MFP daily, being dedicated to logging all of my food, exercise regularly and just TAKE CARE OF MYSELF!! I'm done half-assing the attempt. I am committed to it this time and there is no going back. I am 44, looking to lose about 60 pounds. I would like to be close to that goal in a year (by my 45th birthday). I am an introvert so I don't do a lot of daily check ins with people but it would be great to see activity from others in my feed to give me the motivation to keep going.
  • alteredsteve175
    Happy Friday! I am just finishing my move out to the country, and will be so happy to have all that done by Monday. Hope you all have a good weekend!:)

Color me a little envious. I miss living in the country. Enjoy the peace and quiet.

Big plans for the weekend - let's see - a two hour road trip to visit some dear friends who are in country from Japan for a few days. Gotta' see them before they return for another year in Japan. Was planning to visit them in Japan this winter, but the 'rona has thrown a big wrench in those plans. Maybe next year.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Morning Middle-agers :) Happy weekend guys, stay safe.
  • JuanSLOjourney
    JuanSLOjourney Posts: 62 Member
    Hi guys, been a member for a while, 41yo . Lost, gained, lost, gained, now trying to lose again.
    Using Keto and my new NordikTrack to get my *kitten* together. So far so good.

Anyone feel free to add me as a friend.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    edited July 2020
    Happy weekend!!
    I've been having knee issues so today's workout was a 7.5km walk to visit some historic sites around our neighborhood. We had to venture into a valley for much of these, man those hills are killer. But we did see some lovely places....hard to believe this was steps away from one of the busiest streets in our province. Tomorrow are wineries and waterfalls and farmers market a704t70p8vp5.jpg. rwx8acg87bfj.jpg
    1jbx708qxikn.jpg
  • 1girlriot2016
    1girlriot2016 Posts: 5 Member
    Howdy. 56 here, but I always have to calculate that because I always think I'm still in my 40s.
    Been doing IF since June 26 and have 67 lbs to lose. I've lost my COVID weight plus pounds I gained after I got married a few years ago, and I'm loving the newfound energy. (14 lbs down so far)

I don't know how to add people or I'd have done it already. (The green button on people's profiles only gives me the option to ignore. I am hoping that's because I've never posted and the system thinks I could be a creeper. heh)

I'm looking for friends but I gotta tell you, I suck at remembering to check into various communities. I am a little ashamed --and much aghast-- that I sent a support request to Fitbit last Monday on Twitter and then forgot about it and left them hanging for three days. (Only a little ashamed because, life, man.)

Anyway.
    I welcome friend requests. Happy Friday to all!
  • amylmay78
    amylmay78 Posts: 1 Member
    Didn't realize I counted as middle age just yet, but I guess I do lol

I am floundering without a buddy to help me stay motivated. Anyone want to add me (no clue how to do that) I am 39, two daughters, engaged, work nights as a CNA. I try to stay as boring as possible lol
  • newlife0516
    newlife0516 Posts: 83 Member
    Hi Im Bob, Im 380 my highest weight. Im determined to get to 180 this time. im 41 so if I dont do it now its probably hopeless. Join me on my journey if this resonates then add me please.

It’s never hopeless. My Dad is doing it and he’s 77. He’s inspired me.
  • alteredsteve175
    To add friends on MFP: (using the computer app)

1) Click on the username in the left sidebar. A window showing the username will open.
    2) Click on the username again. The user's profile will open.
    3) Click on the "Add Friend" button on the user's profile page. There is an option to send a message along with the request. That's always a good idea - just a short note mentioning where you saw the user, some common interests or goals, etc.

• lJamesDeanl
    lJamesDeanl Posts: 5 Member
    Ello everyone! Hope all is well. 46 here, add me if you'd like to.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,193 Member
    6aags111il8r.jpg

• RandJ6280
    Great day all - Happy Monday. Hope everyone is doing well and had a great weekend.
  • slherber
    slherber Posts: 28 Member
    Hi, my name is Shawna. I'm 39 mother of 2 teenagers looking for some accountability buddies.