Introduce yourself

Replies

• runningfitz
    runningfitz Posts: 8 Member
    Hi everyone, Rachelle currently living in Massachusetts though I'm originally from New York. I'm 34 and this is my second time on MFP after doing great a few years ago and then assuming I don't need to do this anymore lol

Anyway, so I'm back and looking to get healthy again and this time, stay that way.

I'm also a Ravenclaw @KittyPryde2 :smile:

I have 2 kitties and a 1 year old puppy at home keeping me on my toes. I used to run all the time so I'm getting back into that and when the gyms open again I like to lift heavy but I enjoy PureBarre too! Generally I like to be active but also do Trivia and play board games and some video games.

I'm looking for new friends on MFP because I remember that helped keep me motivated, accountable, and consistent. If anyone wants to add me, feel free!
  • iamunicoon
    iamunicoon Posts: 839 Member
    Hey everyone. I'm Kathy, 37, from Germany.

Though I'm in my 30's, I rarely feel like an adult (maybe that half an hour per month that has me paying bills, hmm...). I have a cat but no kids, I'm single and not desperate, I love fandom-things more than I love adult-things...well, what can I say, I'm still a teenager at heart.

What I have figured out by now, though, is that age catches up with you when it comes down to health. I have recently gone through hell and back with various hospital stays, including the ICU and near-death experiences and now they've finally figured out that my liver and kidneys are pretty much out of order. It comes with a lot of downsides but now that I'm on the right treatment and meds, I feel human again. I've lost about 49 kg through it all but now I'm facing the reality of having to actually work for it, not just lying around and waiting for someone to feed me all the right things and kick my butt into gear everyday. So I figured it's time to come back here and keep track of things again.

But anyway, enough about that depressing stuff...

If anyone wants to talk, be friends and encourage each other, I'm here for it. Be aware, though, I'm not a super-clean eater and I'm unable to work out right now and I'm not the kinda person to slap your fingers if you reach for a chocolate bar unless you specifically ask me for it. I'm more about praise than punishment.

Oh, and PS: I'm a Hufflepuff. :#
  • MelodyH32
    MelodyH32 Posts: 10 Member
    I am Melody. I am 33 from Burleson, TX. I have been divorced for almost 2 years. I have 3 children. I fell off the train during that time period. About a month ago I gave up sodas all together and decided it was time to start looking at my exercise and what I was eating. My goal is to lose a little over 60lbs. It will be tough but worth it. I have already noticed without soda and a daily walk that I have more energy. I am getting things done and it is helping me out of my depression. One step at a time. :)
  • primetimedrew
    primetimedrew Posts: 5 Member
    Hi y’all I’m drew, 33, dad of one boy, from Michigan. Just a nerdy dude looking for active friends
  • Caelock
    Caelock Posts: 7 Member
    Hey there! I am 34 years old. My name is Sam, and I just moved cross country from Indiana to Montana. I'm looking for some friends and encouragement. I am a big reader and gamer. I love to write. I'm close to Yellowstone NP where I can wander around the park and hike, fish, or camp as much as I like. I'm looking to lose about 160 pounds when all is said and done.
  • MelodyH32
    Caelock wrote: »
    Hey there! I am 34 years old. My name is Sam, and I just moved cross country from Indiana to Montana. I'm looking for some friends and encouragement. I am a big reader and gamer. I love to write. I'm close to Yellowstone NP where I can wander around the park and hike, fish, or camp as much as I like. I'm looking to lose about 160 pounds when all is said and done.

Are you a fellow Alliance member? Technically I am a HorLiance. Haha. Though my first main was an Ally. I will say I am totally jealous that you are close to Yellowstone. I've heard it's beautiful!
  • MelodyH32
    Hi y’all I’m drew, 33, dad of one boy, from Michigan. Just a nerdy dude looking for active friends

Jokingly *Holds up hand* where abouts in Michigan? Sorry, my neighbor does that to me all the time. I live in Texas. Never have been to or near Michigan. :)
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Hello, new to the group. I am 33 and mom to a 10yo boy. I have been on and off the weightloss wagon for many years, trying to stick to it this time.

Most recently I started in July and am down about 27lbs since then. I am walking and monitoring calorie intake but not on any specific diet because I find when I limit myself in that way (like no carbs for example) then that's what I crave and I end up binging and falling off the wagon. so, I am counting calories but nothing is off limits as long as it fits I'm calorie budget. I am.opting for the slow and steady progress with hopes I will stick to it better.

Happy to share support or add friends on here who are active. Thanks.
  • Hanz228
    Hanz228 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi all! New to the group, here. I’m 36 and on MFP for another go. I used it once 7 years ago and it worked very well for me. I lost about 20lbs that I had been wanting to lose since my freshman year of college. I kept off the weight for four years, until I moved in with my boyfriend, now husband. Since then, it’s been a steady increase in weight, and now I’m right back where I was when I started 7 years ago. I’ve been on and off MFP trying to get back to that magic from 2013, but it’s just not the same. It was much easier for me to commit to healthy eating and exercise when single and living at home. 😉 I still think using MFP is what’s going to help get me back to that healthy lifestyle, but I’m going to need new tricks and changes this time around. Still haven’t figured out what that is yet, but I’m hoping reading about people in similar situations and a similar age will help. 🙂
  • cytosage
    cytosage Posts: 5 Member
    Nathan here, nice to see everyone :)

I don't have ANY weight loss support among my family and friends, so please feel free to message me if you're looking for accountability too.

Because of my height, family/friends/doctors think it is silly to lose weight, they don't acknowledge that losing weight is important to me. And since I don't compete anymore I train alone, which isn't as productive unfortunately.

In 2015 I fell 40 ft. in a climbing accident and broke 4 vertebrae in my back. I ended up gaining 70 lbs., then lost 30 lbs. and I now need to lose 40 lbs. (6'5", 220 lb CW, 180 lbs is my GW).

After 1000s of hours of PT/training I can now do everything I did prior to the fall, but I'm not as fast, strong, or flexible as I once was.

Some of my favorite exercises now are:
    -yoga
    -walking
    -running
    -biking
    -weight lifting

Other hobbies: playing ttRPGs, video games, DIY, camping, blowgun, atlatl, volunteer tutoring, and watching TV.
  • svendlarose
    svendlarose Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I'm Svend, 34, from California but living in Pennsylvania. I am 349.9 pounds today after staying over 350 all Jan and Feb. Yay me! Next steps: get my gym dues paid up, go back to the gym, and start building the muscle that will help me lose fat. I will follow the StrongLifts 5x5 program.

I was previously a SparkPeople user, but Achievement doesn't interact with SparkPeople the way it does with MFP. My SparkName was ADTEDDIEM.
  • cyr_erica
    cyr_erica Posts: 2 Member
    Hello my name is Erica. I am 39 years old I have lost 3.6 pounds so far.
  • GeminiVibes_
    GeminiVibes_ Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Everyone. I'm Myra. 31 years old, married, no kids. I am from Texas. I work full time and I am a gamer. I have about 130 lbs I would like to lose but am having a very hard time doing so. I have been about 280 lbs for the past 5-ish years. My ultimate goal is really to gets off any meds I am on and feel comfortable in my own skin. I don't really have support and could use some friends.
  • GeminiVibes_
    GeminiVibes_ Posts: 3 Member
    iamunicoon wrote: »
    Hey everyone. I'm Kathy, 37, from Germany.

Though I'm in my 30's, I rarely feel like an adult (maybe that half an hour per month that has me paying bills, hmm...). I have a cat but no kids, I'm single and not desperate, I love fandom-things more than I love adult-things...well, what can I say, I'm still a teenager at heart.

What I have figured out by now, though, is that age catches up with you when it comes down to health. I have recently gone through hell and back with various hospital stays, including the ICU and near-death experiences and now they've finally figured out that my liver and kidneys are pretty much out of order. It comes with a lot of downsides but now that I'm on the right treatment and meds, I feel human again. I've lost about 49 kg through it all but now I'm facing the reality of having to actually work for it, not just lying around and waiting for someone to feed me all the right things and kick my butt into gear everyday. So I figured it's time to come back here and keep track of things again.

But anyway, enough about that depressing stuff...

If anyone wants to talk, be friends and encourage each other, I'm here for it. Be aware, though, I'm not a super-clean eater and I'm unable to work out right now and I'm not the kinda person to slap your fingers if you reach for a chocolate bar unless you specifically ask me for it. I'm more about praise than punishment.

Oh, and PS: I'm a Hufflepuff. :#

I feel the same!! LOL. I am married but have no kids. My husband and I are both gamers, Love anime and we're Slytherins. lol
  • sljohn84
    sljohn84 Posts: 107 Member
    Hi! I'm Stacey, 36, from Ohio. I have just joined once again. Since Covid has hit I have been working from home and have completely lost all motivation to do anything and have gained weight. I am trying to fit back into my clothes again and feel comfortable with myself.
  • turnerjwr
    turnerjwr Posts: 75 Member
    Hi! I'm Ryan, 37, from Northern California. Took about 18 months off of MFP to finish my Engineering degree, and in that time I fell WAY out of shape. I fired up the 75hard program to jumpstart my progress back to where I want to be, and I'm currently on day 50! I'm 17lbs down and feeling a lot better, but I still have a way to go, I'm a little obsessive about exercise theory and nutrition, so if you want to bounce ideas off of me, fire away!
  • pepeloom
    pepeloom Posts: 3 Member
    Hi! I'm Helena, 35 and from Tallinn, Estonia. I gained some extra kg after the gyms closed due to lockdown and now I'm trying to get back to my normal weight. I started doing some home workouts and cleaned out my diet since the beginning of this year.
    Currently I'm doing Chloe Ting 2022 weight loss challenge and yoga with Adriene 30 day Move challenge. I am usually inconsistent with home workuts but it helps immensely that with a live challenge a lot of people around the world are doing it at the same time and I feel like that is holding me accountable (+ my competive spirit :wink: )
    I would like to lose about 7 kg / 15lbs and get back to basic fitness level.
  • ErikaGetsHealthy
    ErikaGetsHealthy Posts: 24 Member
    Hey! I'm Erika, I'll be turning 32 in two months, and I live in Central Missouri with my sister and our 16-year-old Chihuahua.

It's been a few years since I've used MFP, but I've recently been inspired to attempt my weight loss/health journey again, so here I am 😁

The last time I used MFP I was still in my 20s, so when I signed in today I realized I needed to leave the twenty-something groups I was in and join this one 😆

I have a big goal ahead of me--I'm looking to lose 114 lbs to begin with, but I may lose another 50-70 lbs after that if I feel it's necessary.

I'm looking for new friends and accountabilibuddies on here, so feel free to add me!

Thanks for taking the time to read a little bit about me 💕
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    I am reintroducing myself because I'm finally fed up enough with myself to get after it!

32 years old and living in SW Wisconsin.
    Starting (over) weight: 346.0
    GW: 175/170
  • 84mhf6dvzj
    84mhf6dvzj Posts: 2 Member
    Hello. My name is Tia. 37 years old. New to MFP. My partner and I are striving to reach our fitness goals this year. I’m aiming to gain weight and muscle, while eating healthier and working out. Would love to make friends and give that extra support for others.