I don’t want to get bulky!

I don’t understand ladies that say they don’t want to workout or change their eating habits because they either

1. Don’t want to get bulky.
Or
2. Don’t want to lose their curves.

1. You won’t get bulky by lifting weights. You may feel bulky if you have a layer of fat over your new muscle. Once you lower your body fat you will see lean muscle. Even if you could get bulky by lifting weights. It wouldn’t happen overnight. They act as if the second they pick up a weight they will look look like Arnold Schwarzenegger.

2. You won’t lose your curves overnight. You may actually improve them. It’s gradual and takes time to lose weight. You won’t lose your “curves” overnight. It’s not that easy to lose weight. If it was gyms would be out of business. When you get to a point where you are happy with how you look, you go into a maintenance.

Ok rant over!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Haha, I came in here to tell you that you didn't have to worry about getting bulky just because you're doing weights.

But you were one step ahead of me . . .
  • daltontf
    daltontf Posts: 63 Member
    Starting at 1:48 in this video illustrates this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuHy_2O_SBQ
  • unforgettable2010
    unforgettable2010 Posts: 104 Member
    Jax2120 wrote: »
    I don’t understand ladies that say they don’t want to workout or change their eating habits because they either

1. Don’t want to get bulky.
    Or
    2. Don’t want to lose their curves.

1. You won’t get bulky by lifting weights. You may feel bulky if you have a layer of fat over your new muscle. Once you lower your body fat you will see lean muscle. Even if you could get bulky by lifting weights. It wouldn’t happen overnight. They act as if the second they pick up a weight they will look look like Arnold Schwarzenegger.

2. You won’t lose your curves overnight. You may actually improve them. It’s gradual and takes time to lose weight. You won’t lose your “curves” overnight. It’s not that easy to lose weight. If it was gyms would be out of business. When you get to a point where you are happy with how you look, you go into a maintenance.

Ok rant over!

Mannnnnnnnn say it again for the people in the back! 🤣🤣
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Yep, nobody (including men) gets big by accident. Bodybuilders spend years and years working on their physiques and follow specialized diets (you don't bulk up at a caloric deficit).

Thank you for your post....
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,886 Member
    daltontf wrote: »
    Starting at 1:48 in this video illustrates this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuHy_2O_SBQ

Yay Buff Dudes!

A few months back I binge-watched all their "We tried the X diet" videos. Hilarious!