New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Good stuff here. I try to keep up on new things in the marketplace. I don't eat them all, I just like knowing about them.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    These look interesting. Not free though only “free” with a 50 order lol. But I saw them on Instagram and never seen such flavors of cashew butter so they caught my eye. qatpbum3qe9m.jpeg
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    ^ Yum.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Free coupon for little bites. Giving away 10k so should have a good chance to get one! https://www.littlebites.com/chocolate-chip-cookiesgspsbtyulzrc.png
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    8kaatsw5hd2g.png
    bcuxn8tacvj3.png
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    Not a new product, but new to me. I was watching a TV show about restaurants and tourism in San Sebastian, and stumbled on a segment about traditional Txuleton steaks in Basqueland and Galicia. Txuleton (Chuleton in Spanish) are ribeyes from retired dairy cows that have been put to pasture for a year following menopause to fatten up and chill out. Some people claim these are the best steaks in the world and that the meat is way more flavourful than traditional beef cattle typically slaughtered at an adolscent 28 months. Consuming retired dairy cows strikes me as a more sustainable way to eat beef.

I have ordered some retired dairy rib eye steaks for delivery on the weekend. Hoping I like it. The trade off for more flavour is less tenderness. I ordered imported Txuleton from Basqueland, but now see there are farms that offer mail order for free range organic retired dairy cow meat in the UK, US and Australia.
  • pancakerunner
    llnojrai7a8e.png
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    llnojrai7a8e.png

Oh hell no. Is it pumpkin this and pumpkin that time already?
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    The Basque retired dairy cow steaks arrived and look beautifully marbled. Will be cooking the ribeye on Saturday when a girlfriend who lives part of the year in Spain comes over. Doing the rumps next weekend for a dinner party. I really hope I like this. The beef flavour from old animals is meant to be considerably stronger, so hoping it is not an acquired taste. I would great to find a more sustainable way to eat beef.

g6yg8hqu6g8v.jpeg
    5fcr61hfn0z7.jpeg

• pancakerunner
    1ia8r3h9fq1n.jpg
    f3xp07adxvrm.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited July 2020
    Tried the birthday cake no cow bars from the free sample pack (still available if you didn’t get yet)

10/10 wow it was really really good. I really like the no cow bars now. When I first had them years ago they were so bad I had one bite and threw it out but they have improved so much. Really good right out of the fridge. They remind me of old formula quest bars. mj4d6bncq8y7.jpeg
    They are really sweet which I like because I have a major sweet tooth.

They send 5 extra to tell them what you thought so you make 5 to try them lol.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    This is in the frozen food section at Trader Joe’s. It’s really weird when you open the bag...they are little frozen pucks of mashed potatoes. But, they’re actually pretty good for a lazy side dish. I add milk, butter, and chives and they’re perfect.
    jphrgm7ibt2x.png
  • Noreenmarie1234
    wm8ix3aay171.jpeg
    cp04qxker345.jpeg
    Also tried target brand version of Lara bars. Pretty good. I’d say better than larabar. I like the sea salt addition. They are more chocolatey too.
  • pancakerunner
    wm8ix3aay171.jpeg
    cp04qxker345.jpeg
    Also tried target brand version of Lara bars. Pretty good. I’d say better than larabar. I like the sea salt addition. They are more chocolatey too.

i miss the Larabar jocolat line.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    wm8ix3aay171.jpeg
    cp04qxker345.jpeg

Me too! And the pistachio larabar!
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    wm8ix3aay171.jpeg
    cp04qxker345.jpeg

Sea salt and chocolate is everything tbh
  • pancakerunner
    wm8ix3aay171.jpeg
    cp04qxker345.jpeg

Me too! And the pistachio larabar!

they had a pistachio flavor?!
  • pancakerunner
    mlqw9f87ikr5.jpg