Getting fit at 50 and beyond...200+ pound club

Replies

• grandrory
    grandrory Posts: 161 Member
    @pandygirl1 hi. We're all in this together and we can do this!
  • grandrory
    July 27 goals

Walk 1 mile: done
    Walk 7,000-10,000 steps: done - 10,409
    Drink 64 oz water: no
    Log everything I eat: done
  • grandrory
    jm216 wrote: »
    pandygirl1 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

I have been dealing with my weight since childhood. I have managed to lose a good amount of weight over a few years. The problem is that I would become unmotivated and would stall in my weight-loss journey. This has happened a few times, but never resulted in any major regaining of weight I had lost already.
    Back in March was the start of my last stall, which lasted around 4 month. Just started back today, on MFP and my weight-loss journey.

Been dealing with a lot of health problems, including type 2 diabetes, Thyroid issue, degenerative disc disease, and recently diagnosed with having a heart attack and I have sleep apnea. ( Yes, I know. It's a lot, but it's not all I'm dealing in regards to my health)
    All this has made me more determine to improve my lifestyle, with eating healthier and getting physically fit (as best I can)

My Stats:
    Height: 6'0 ft
    Female
    Heaviest weight: 400 lbs
    Current: weight: 290
    Ultimate goal: between 180 & 200
    ( Depends on how I feel and how my health is doing)

Welcome Home Pandygirl1!
    You’ve already lost 110 pounds which is a great success story. We’re here to lose the rest together. Slow and steady on this journey. We’re all here for you!

Jill🌸

Wow 110 pound weight loss. That's awesome! Congratulations🎈
  • cpnknight
    cpnknight Posts: 200 Member
    Beautiful dog...
  • eapar507
    eapar507 Posts: 64 Member
    Roxie is beautiful Jill.
    Happy Tuesday😊

I was up later than I should have been last night food prepping for the rest of this week. So 4:30 came super early for me. Just trying to get through the work day and hopefully have enough energy to do my planned workout. I will do it anyway, but hoping I get a second wind later in the day. I hope everyone has a great day! 😊
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,733 Member
    eapar507 wrote: »
    Roxie is beautiful Jill.
    Happy Tuesday😊

I was up later than I should have been last night food prepping for the rest of this week. So 4:30 came super early for me. Just trying to get through the work day and hopefully have enough energy to do my planned workout. I will do it anyway, but hoping I get a second wind later in the day. I hope everyone has a great day! 😊

You’ve got this Ellen! 4:30am starts an early day...but you seem to be such an energetic person. Are you a morning person like me?
    I get up at 7am in the summer and 6:30am when my daughter is back in high school. Our school district still hadn’t finalized a back to school plan, so we’ll see how it goes.
  • LucyBzz
    LucyBzz Posts: 47 Member
    edited July 2020
    Can I join you? I'm not quite 50 yet but I'm far, far closer to it than I feel & it seems like a good deadline for losing some of this excess weight!
    Started at just over 200lb and am aiming for 160lb as an initial goal. If I can reach 150lb by the time I'm 50 that would be fabulous!
  • eapar507

You’ve got this Ellen! 4:30am starts an early day...but you seem to be such an energetic person. Are you a morning person like me?
    I get up at 7am in the summer and 6:30am when my daughter is back in high school. Our school district still hadn’t finalized a back to school plan, so we’ll see how it goes.

I am a morning person😊 I work 6:00am- 2:30pm so I am up every week day at 4:15-4:30am. I do sleep in on weekend till 6 if my internal alarm let’s me. I like to be up with the sun so I can get more accomplished. 😊

The only downfall is staying up a little too late sometimes, but I got enough cooked up that I should be good to go until Friday night so it was worth it!!
  • eapar507
    LucyBzz wrote: »
    Can I join you? I'm not quite 50 yet but I'm far, far closer to it than I feel & it seems like a good deadline for losing some of this excess weight!
    Started at just over 200lb and am aiming for 160lb as an initial goal. If I can reach 150lb by the time I'm 50 that would be fabulous!

Welcome Lucy!! I hope to reach 150 before next Spring. There are several of us here with very similar goals. Join right in. Have you started losing yet? We are doing a Sunday morning check in for our weight and stats.
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    I just found this group... and the sounds so much like me lol. Ok, so I am past 50.... + 7yrs and change.
    My ultimate goal is to get under 200.... that is 23lbs away... and this would be a wonderful Christmas present to myself.
    @jm216 to steal your format ---- lol hope you don't mind.

I started my newest journey on June 8th

Starting weight: 233.8 on 6/8/2020
    Goal weight: 190
    6/8– 233.8
    6/12 - 228.7
    6-19 - 223.0
    6-26 - 223.3
    7-3 - 223.9
    7-10 223.9
    7-17 223.3
    7-24 225.3
    7-28 223.0

Total weight lost: 10.8 pounds ☀️

This week’s successes: not much really... just trying to get back to center. Granddaughter is gone after two weeks.. that hit my diet hard

Next week's challenges: FOCUS, like a laser. Water 4 liters per day, walk 30 mins after work everyday.
  • LucyBzz
    LucyBzz Posts: 47 Member
    edited July 2020
    eapar507 wrote: »
    Welcome Lucy!! I hope to reach 150 before next Spring. There are several of us here with very similar goals. Join right in. Have you started losing yet? We are doing a Sunday morning check in for our weight and stats.
    Thanks! I look forward to journeying with you - I am trying to be very realistic looking for min 15lb lost by Christmas (ideally 20lb), 25lb minimum by mid February & 40lb minimum by end June. I would ultimately like to lose >50lb but am trying to be very realistic.
    I am only just starting so my weight loss this week will be water (or dodgy scales as they think I’ve lost 5lb since Saturday but any discrepancies will balance out eventually!) ... I will try & remember Sunday but prod me if I forget!
  • jm216

Welcome Lucybzz!

Get ready to have fun!!!

Jill☀️
  • jm216
    RandJ6280 wrote: »
    I just found this group... and the sounds so much like me lol. Ok, so I am past 50.... + 7yrs and change.
    My ultimate goal is to get under 200.... that is 23lbs away... and this would be a wonderful Christmas present to myself.

6/8– 233.8
    6/12 - 228.7
    6-19 - 223.0
    6-26 - 223.3
    7-3 - 223.9
    7-10 223.9
    7-17 223.3
    7-24 225.3
    7-28 223.0

This week’s successes: not much really... just trying to get back to center. Granddaughter is gone after two weeks.. that hit my diet hard

Next week's challenges: FOCUS, like a laser. Water 4 liters per day, walk 30 mins after work everyday.

Welcome RandJ6280!

I’m sure I “borrowed” the weigh in format from another group. 😁

Jill
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Hi all, thank you for the welcome & welcome to others new to the group.

I'm not expecting to loose all my weight by Christmas- but getting into 2 sizes down .

I've tried really hard to reduce the sugar but I'm still on too many carbs in relation to protein.
    I haven't quite cracked my snacks & hunger times! Easier at work- I just have to go hungry much harder in the house!

My gym opened on Sat, busy on Sun & Mon- hubbie's "weekend" - we walked a lot on Mon: had day trip to Edinburgh so a lot of walking in the rain.
    My car is with the garage service dept awaiting a part (it's just a clip that holds in the heating & aircon unit. Thanks to lockdown, now they're back working,it's taking longer to source than normal) so we're back to 1 car & hubbie needing it for work so not got to gym today.

Few things I need to tweak & sort out.
  • jm216
    smsyon3x7r2g.jpeg

That was one HUGE zucchini from my garden. I should have weighed it before I prepped it. The tomatoes and basil are also from my little garden. Happy summer veggies! 🧑🏻‍🍳

• grandrory

Hi LucyBzz and welcome to the group. There's a lot of support here, we're all on this journey together.
  • grandrory
    RandJ6280 wrote: »

6/8– 233.8
    6/12 - 228.7
    6-19 - 223.0
    6-26 - 223.3
    7-3 - 223.9
    7-10 223.9
    7-17 223.3
    7-24 225.3
    7-28 223.0

Welcome to the group!
  • grandrory
    smsyon3x7r2g.jpeg

That was one HUGE zucchini from my garden. I should have weighed it before I prepped it. The tomatoes and basil are also from my little garden. Happy summer veggies! 🧑🏻‍🍳

We're hoping to have a garden next year. We had a big one at our old place. I did a lot of canning back in those days (30 plus yrs ago). Nothing taste as good as fresh from the garden! That does look like a pretty good size zucchini...yummm