Headphones

Hello Everyone,
Does anyone have any good headphones they would recommend?
I use mine to work out and for work.

Replies

• LockdownLoser23
    LockdownLoser23 Posts: 93 Member
    Yes - Jabra Active Elite 65t - you're welcome
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited July 2020
    I like my Culture headphones for working out. Great sound and excellent noise cancelling. Even though you can turn off the noise cancelling they are not ideal, to me, for being out on the road.

I use OVPPH ear buds for walking. I can't really recommend the ear buds. I went through several sets of order and returns before settling on them. Based on the reviews I think it matters what kind of phone and where you carry it. The ones I kept are the only ones that stay connected to each other and the phone for long periods of time with my phone and carry configuration. I was also unwilling to spend more than 40ish bucks.

ETA: Whatever you try make sure you have a solid return policy.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Either a good return policy or too cheap to worry about. I have twenty-buck samsung in-ear headphones for my phone that work fine and just bought a $60 Mp3 player for swimming that came with function-adequate earphones and cable. Neither is exactly ultra-high-fidelity but for exercising, they are both fine.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    I wear AfterShokz bone conduction headphones when I run. They are open ear so you can hear all ambient noise (for safety) and you can carry on a conversation while the music is playing.

I highly recommend them (or another bone conduction brand/type) if you do anything outdoors and/or need to be able to hear people talking while your music is playing.

They would be terrible with any kind of noise cancelling function though.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Yes - Jabra Active Elite 65t - you're welcome

I have these as well and have been very happy with them. $50 for a refurb pair is hard to beat for this level of headphones.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Aftershokz. These are the only ones of many (10+ that I'v e tried) that I haven't thrown in a box and forgot about.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Airpods. I wear them for trail running and all kinds and they never move. I had them in while I was doing yard work last weekend and after lunch I opened the case to put them back in and go back outside, to discover they were still in my ears and I just hadn't noticed.
  • yasiral
    yasiral Posts: 133 Member
    Soundpeats true wireless headphones. They are very cheap and sound better than airpods.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    I wear AfterShokz bone conduction headphones when I run. They are open ear so you can hear all ambient noise (for safety) and you can carry on a conversation while the music is playing.

I highly recommend them (or another bone conduction brand/type) if you do anything outdoors and/or need to be able to hear people talking while your music is playing.

They would be terrible with any kind of noise cancelling function though.

Me too, I love them for running!
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    I just got some airpods and they are amazing. I haven't found anything better and it's so convenient that they don't have wires. Expensive though.
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    I always thought that headphones meant those big things that go over your head and over your ears. And what everyone's talking about there are earphones - little things that go inside your ears.

I'm on my second pair of Jabra elites. It's easy to lose those things. The case opens so easily that when you drop them, the buds can just roll off the case. Lost a pair as I was getting into the car. I picked up the case and I swear I checked before I drove off but nope, they were in the case. I liked them enough that I bought a second pair but now that I have airpod pros, I much prefer the airpod pros.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,950 Member
    I wear AfterShokz for running. I love them because they allow me to hear everything around me. I don't have any problems with them moving around when I'm wearing them and I like that they aren't inside my ear. They do come with earplugs that you can wear if you don't want to hear the outside noise, but I have never used them. I got them specifically so that I could hear the noise around me when I'm running.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    swirlybee wrote: »
    I always thought that headphones meant those big things that go over your head and over your ears. And what everyone's talking about there are earphones - little things that go inside your ears.

I'm on my second pair of Jabra elites. It's easy to lose those things. The case opens so easily that when you drop them, the buds can just roll off the case. Lost a pair as I was getting into the car. I picked up the case and I swear I checked before I drove off but nope, they were in the case. I liked them enough that I bought a second pair but now that I have airpod pros, I much prefer the airpod pros.

Lost one of my jabra 75t, they wouldn’t replace one, had to buy a completely new set, have gone back to my Bose soundsport
    A lot harder to lose
  • Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    I have bluetooth AKG's y50. They're amazing. I haven't used them for running or anything like that, but walking most days, and lifting in the gym. I use my akg's nearly every day yet only have to charge once a week. I've never run out of battery. I have nearly stepped out in front of a car once or twice though, you really have to be so careful- I take forever to cross the road now!
  • saltysparkle
    saltysparkle Posts: 145 Member
    My AirPods fall out all the time. I actually have to wear a headband over them to keep them on. I'd love to find some earbuds that stay in, even if I'm running, jumping, or if I'm going upside-down.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    $10 wireless over ear headphones from the dollar spot at Target. Because they are my third pair since the kids broke my first two. Not fancy but they do the job and I don't mind tossing them in my gym bag.

For work I use wired earbuds. I can't manage wired at the gym, it drives me crazy. I can't stand wireless for work because windows Bluetooth sucks.
  • cgcdavis7
    cgcdavis7 Posts: 85 Member
    I love my JBL wireless earphones. They are made so that you twist them to fit inside your ear and they have decent bass. My husband hated them but I love them. They've never fallen out while I'm moving like crazy and have a long charge/life. Like $50 at Walmart, probably less now.
  • bdelaney33
    bdelaney33 Posts: 150 Member
    A friend put me on to "MPOW" super cheap; but work great. Over the ear wireless; ordered from Amazon and they came the same day.
  • KrissDotCom
    KrissDotCom Posts: 217 Member
    I have had mpow for headphones too and loved them, I even bought their mini Bluetooth speaker, had it for years now, still pumps good sound all across the apt
  • bdelaney33
    bdelaney33 Posts: 150 Member
    I have had mpow for headphones too and loved them, I even bought their mini Bluetooth speaker, had it for years now, still pumps good sound all across the apt

great right? and so cheap compared to the Apple ones