Monthly Maintainers Goals - thoughts?

So in maintenance one thing I like to do is set monthly challenges/goals for myself. Usually they are NOT weight related altho they could be. It helps me to think long term yet still focus on improving some aspect in my world.

My Apple watch encourages different monthly ones, but I thought it might be fun to see if anyone else would like to participate in a monthly type goal setting thread vs the usual monthly weight monitoring one?

For example in July I set a goal of 800 activity cal per day on my watch and working to eat to TDEE without a lot of variance week to week. I also have learned that some goals are not sustainable and move on to others. Sometimes my goals are unique like to do one housecleaning thing per day however small. Or one gardening chore. Sometimes to close out my food diary every day.

Anyway, I thought if there was interest I would start a thread later this week for August.

p7j2stysr5bp.png

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Its not for me - I have a regular exercise habit, as you know already cos we're friends :smile: and while I have no interest in setting goals, your idea is a good one and I'm sure there are lots of folks who would find this motivating and will be happy to join you :smile:
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,972 Member
    @SummerSkier
    Great idea!

I use my Apple Watch
    And

The MFP group “Building Healthy Habits” for this already! Join us if you like!