Gluten free

lizzywks
lizzywks Posts: 17 Member
Gluten free it’s a necessity for me due to my neurological condition not celiac disease. Is there anyone else out there that has a gluten sensitivity that has any cool ideas or an open Diary. I don’t cook very often so my diary is per day slim. please add me if you wish

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    If you don't get any answers here try doing a search and seeing if the GF people there have open diaries.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/search?adv=1&search=&title=gluten&author=&cat=all&tags=&discussion_d=1&comment_c=1&group_group=1&within=1+day&date=
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    lizzywks wrote: »
    Gluten free it’s a necessity for me due to my neurological condition not celiac disease. Is there anyone else out there that has a gluten sensitivity that has any cool ideas or an open Diary. I don’t cook very often so my diary is per day slim. please add me if you wish

With the exception of this week, I largely have a gluten free diet just because when i do Keto, a lot of foods are gluten free. You can feel free to look at my diet. And i will be back on it starting Monday. You can look up Paleo recipes as well because many, if not most, are gluten free.

If you join the low carb group, i post most of my recipes/meals in there.
  • huntleigh3229
    huntleigh3229 Posts: 34 Member
    I'm gluten free due to coeliac. My diary is open but I cook nearly all of my meals from scratch.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    edited July 2020
    For the most part, just don't add 'filler calorie' sides/courses to stuff, and you're most of the way there. You'll probably find that a lot of people who are counting calories and tracking macros will generally minimize wheat-based items (as they add a lot of calories without adding protein, and often fiber, fat).
  • whoami67
    whoami67 Posts: 297 Member
    I've been gf for about a decade. I really don't think about it much anymore. My diary is not open. What concerns do you have about it or what suggestions are you looking for? My advice is to eat real food and mostly ignore anything with big print on the packaging touting it as gluten free.
  • yapetron
    yapetron Posts: 13 Member
    edited August 2020
    I can't eat gluten either. My diary isn't open, but I generally base my meals around protein and fruit, beans, or veggies- I don't eat a lot of grains. So I'll have stuff like meat sauce on green beans with cheese, or fruit and yogurt, or tuna salad on sweet potato, etc. When I want to eat grains, I will make rice or quinoa or gf oatmeal. I like corn thins topped with with avocado and fried egg, or almond butter and banana. I occasionally get gf packaged food, like protein bars or sweets or what have you.
  • lizzywks
    lizzywks Posts: 17 Member
    Thank you all for your replies. It was helpful to answer your question who I am I was just looking for ideas since I don’t like to cook. You all had some great I do you has thank you very much.