Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hi Ladies!!

Last night was Shift Shop workout #2, Strength. I have to say, every time I come off of a Cathe or KCM rotation and go to Beachbody, it feels easy. I'm not sure if it's the BB workouts are not as tough, or just happens to be a different cadence or what. I walked away from last nights workout feeling like I barely broke a sweat. But, it's nice to have an "easy" workout for the next 3 weeks. The cardio is killer, but so far the strength feels beginner to me.

Laurie, I remember that JM Kickbox workout...I remember it being a good, solid one! Sometimes I really enjoy JM's style...especially for a change of pace! Thanks for the advice on V8. Not sure how my son would like V8 (don't think he's ever tried it), but I don't think he'd be interested in going through that episode again, so he may be up for anything...if needed. We'll see how this weekend goes with masks. My hubby and son already have theirs packed and ready to go!

Thelma, glad the knee is feeling better and you kept off the step for most of PHA2. My muscle tighness is actually in the lower part of my quad muscle, right above my knee. My chiro does a technique called graston, which really gets the tightness out, but my insurance doesn't cover it so I do it only 1-2 times per year. It's kind of like a super deep massage using what I call a shoe horn tool! :D There really wasn't much social distancing at all over the weekend. The line to get tickets to get into the stadium was my first indication that there was no social distancing...everyone was within inches of each other. The facility had sent out an email asking spectators to stay 6 ft from each other on the sidelines, but no one did that either. I stood up so I could move as needed with my youngest DS, but it seemed there was always someone right next to us with how many hundreds of people were there.

Laurel, sounds like a good Cathe workout again. I wondered what that was like when she posted her clip the other day. Great follow up to your nice Peloton ride, and the walk probably was a good stretch on the legs too! I forgot to mention, great job on the rotation. Not sure yet what I'm going to do after Shift Shop, but I may do some of your rotation until I figure out timing of the next program.

Hi Tami!

Have a great day!!

Erika

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,757 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live PHA2 and Cathe Live Gloved Up and Ready. And then I made DH take a walk with me. :) He tried to back out, but when I told him I was going to go anyway, he was there with his shoes on. :D For whatever reason, I am annoyed by living in A/C this summer, so these bursts of being outdoors, whether it be walks or mowing or eating on the deck, really make me feel better. I have a feeling I am bothered by it simply because we aren’t getting out and golfing or.....doing anything. So I have a tendency to feel a little more closed in than I like. I have a feeling it is going to be a long winter if I feel that way in the summer! :o:p

Thelma, great workouts! That is a seriously tough combo. I am glad your leg is feeling better with the TLC you are giving it. It rained a lot in Alaska when DH was there, so he is definitely enjoying the break from the rain (even though we could really use some rain). He felt the heat on Sunday, but since then he hasn’t complained about it. Again, I think he prefers it over the 50’s and wet he had up there. And he is working from home. I think he will be until the end of the year, and probably beyond.

Laurie, great workout. I am sorry to hear about your grass. It is always tough to fight an infestation like that but, hopefully, you caught it early enough to fight it. That must be frustrating given all the work you put into your yard and garden.

Erika, glad you are enjoying the break from tougher workouts. What you described about people not respecting their distance this weekend is a bit upsetting, to be honest. But most days anymore I feel like I am living in an alternate reality to about 80% of the population, and it is not a good feeling. I have a friend on Facebook who said something similar the other day.....as people go about their lives like normal and she stays in, she wonders if she is hallucinating a pandemic. I am not quite so sure how I would respond in a crowd right now. :o:#

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited July 2020
    Hi Ladies . . . Today was PHA2 <3 , seems to be the theme for today I see. I hope to get in a Peloton ride after work. The house is nice and cool when I get home but still a sweat fest. I ended up not working out yesterday in the a.m. and after work I needed to mow the lawn before it is 100+ degrees. YOWSA. It is coming tomorrow I guess and Friday.

Being "end of the month" busy-ness all week I am not sure how I will get out of here so my neighbor offered to let Bernie in the house if I just leave our slider unlocked. So sweet of her, she has been watching out for him and brought him a special bowl of water. He has water every day of course on our deck but prefers "fresh" brand new water. ;)

Looks like everyone is doing fabulous with the workouts this week! I am loving the PHA workouts, plan on doing PHA (#1 or the first one I should say) on Friday.

I will try and check in before the day gets away from me tomorrow! Glad you are all doing well. ;)

Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,493 Member
    Hi Ladies, my workouts today were Beginner Gentle, Cathe LITE Rev'd Up Rumble, and Revive and Restore Yoga.

Laurie, great workout!

Desperate times call for desperate measures, and my hair was a desperate situation! LOL. You are so fortunate to have your dd be your hairstylist!
    It really is unfortunate that Tae Bo hurt my knee. I will give it a try again some day.
    I can't believe there were complaints about her cueing!

Erika, good job with those Shift Shop workouts. I bet they are easier than STS! You can always up your weights a little bit.

I also feel the muscle tightness at the bottom of the quads, right above my knee but for me it happens because the top is tight too. I have one of those massage rolling pin like tools and I carefully massage the muscles above the knee and that helps a lot. You could totally learn to massage yourself.

They must not have a high rate of COVID cases if they are so relaxed about social distancing.

Laurel, awesome workout combo! Too funny about your DH getting ready so fast to go for that walk!

I am surprised you have the AC on. You used to workout without AC in FL! Just teasing you! It's super hot there. Hopefully you and your DH will be able to go out golfing soon.

I didn't do my workouts back to back like you do. I did cardio and yoga in the morning and PHA in the afternoon. It was a good workout day for sure.

I am sure your DH felt that intense heat over the weekend! It's one thing to get used to it gradually, but he went into that heat cold turkey this time around! I am so glad he is working from home Laurel!

Tami, great job with PHA2. Such a great workout! OMG it is going to be super hot there!

I am so glad your neighbor is making sure Bernie is OK. I bet he'd love some water with ice cubes in it!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,404 Member
    edited July 2020
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Jillian's Yoga Meltdown Level 1. :)

Erika, Nice workout, just wonder what the difference is with the way it feels vs STS. No instructor seems to be able to do the lower body quite like Cathe. After doing those CLX workouts I did think those where really good for the lower body. I do like Jillian's style, and have to pull our her workouts every once in a while. The only problem with her kickboxing is she only works one side, so I always do next round on the other side. I hope that your DS has a good weekend, it is suppose to be fairly nice in the low 80's.

Laurel, Great job on your workouts! Isn't it true about the routine. Your DH had gotten out of the routine, and then didn't want to go. I'm sure that feeling you have is cabin fever. I had read an article about how the quarantine would have that cause and effect. Probably why people are not following the social distancing either. DH seems to be on top of his yard, so I'm just staying out of it. He is more upset than I would have expected though. :o

Tami, It does look like PHA was a favorite yesterday. Great job on your workout, and I do hope that you where able to get in a ride after work. Oh my on the temps, that is really HOT. I love how your neighbor is taking special care of Bernie with some nice fresh cool water. Rocket enjoys ice cubes when it gets hot. He just chews those things like they are treats.

Thelma, Love your workouts! Was surprised about the complaints also, but I remember there where long drawn out posts about it at the time. Sometimes I think there are people that only want to complain about things. When the Gym Style workouts came out Cathe hurt her leg, and the project took a really long time to get finished. People where complaining because they had paid for the product. I was just like, you are going to get the DVD's at some point so why complain. ;)

Have a wondersul day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was another Cathe Live Vertical Loading workout. I really like this method of circuit strength training. I followed it with a 45 minute ride with Peloton.

Tami, great workouts. I am loving this PHA week, that’s for sure. Thankfully I scheduled another one in our next rotation. :D How nice that your neighbor is looking out for Bernie. That must give you some comfort, especially since your work is so busy.

Thelma, great workout! Some days here I don’t feel like I workout with AC either! I keep it at 77, and there are times that feels pretty toasty. But I can’t justify keeping it any cooler since I only use that entire floor of the house for my workouts. But thank goodness for ceiling fans! I am glad DH is working from home, too. I keep hoping our cases will turn a corner with the face mask order, but they are pretty much staying the same, and ‘the same’ is bad. I saw last week that if Alabama was a country, per capita, we would be the sixth worse country in the world....following five other states, unfortunately. Our county is still identifying 100-200 new cases a day. That’s why I think DH will be home for many more months.

Laurie, great workout! When social isolation pushes me—a pretty extreme introvert—to my limits, I can only imagine what some people are experiencing. I think that’s why so many people are just kind of throwing caution to the wind. It is to be expected. If there was a target date, I think people could stick it out. But....there isn’t. So our builder destroyed more of our lawn yesterday. :s They are getting ready to put in the sprinkler system at the house where our property line dispute was/is. And they ripped out a few feet of our grass inside our property line, destroying one of our sprinklers too. I was not happy, to put it mildly. DH has already contacted the builder, but no response yet other than ‘we will repair everything perfectly’. Sadly, our little trees are in the area they leveled. They left the trees, but....it just isn’t good. DH keeps talking me down from selling.....thankfully. I am hoping when the construction is done, I regain an affection for our home. But right now :# .

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    Hi Ladies, Happy Erika's Friday :)

Yesterday was Shift Shop Cardio again. It felt hard, but not as hard as Monday. I do this one one more time this week and then next week is a new Cardio.

Laurie, I see WI is starting a statewide mask mandate starting Saturday. The timing couldn't be better given DH and DS are headed to another tourney and I was concerned about them going to Lake Geneva with all of the tourists there and such. I'm sure this will help a lot! Great call on the CLX workouts...you are right, they are great for the legs. I got some of the best leg definition I've had from my 1st round of CLX. Oooh, yoga meltdown sounds fabulous! I forgot about the 1 sided boxing with JM. I think I did the same with changing sides to make them even!

Laurel, great workouts...again, the Live ones sound so fun! Glad DH joined you for a walk. I'm with you, I really don't like being cooped up in the house with the AC, but when it's so hot, I also don't do well out in the heat. But, I'm starting to feel like it's winter here with how hot/humid this summer has been and spending so much time inside.

Thelma, nice work on your workouts and getting in some nice yoga. Did you do ok with Rev'd Up Rumble and any kicks/turns? I think I remember that one being mostly upper body though. WI does have high COVID...but as I mentioned to Laurie, I just got a news alert that WI is mandating masks statewide starting Saturday due to the spike in cases. I'm sure having all of these youth sports gatherings in WI (other states cancelled hosting due to COVID concerns) is not helping either. Thousands of kids/parents all in 1 location is not ideal right now.

Tami, I'm sorry work is so busy, but glad you found someone to keep an eye on Bernie. I hope you're able to unwind with a good peloton ride when you get home...that would feel good after a long workday! Does Bernie prefer being outside during the day? My parents had a black lab that preferred outdoors as he always was too warm inside for some reason...even with AC.

Have a great day! I'm off tomorrow to spend some time with younger DS, so may not be on here until next week.

Erika

• lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Really happy that it is Friday. This morning was Jillian's Killer Ab's Level 2, she has some great moves in this workout. Had a great time.

Laurel, Sounds like an interesting workout LIVE workout, and great job on your ride. I think I have said this before, really like the names of the workouts she does on LIVE. I'm so sorry to hear about all the lawn issues you are having to go through. It has to be very irritating to see your yard getting destroyed, and of course the sprinkler system also. I suppose that your builder was using the lot lines that he had, and put the system to those specs. How frustrating. I hope that it all gets fixed, and you don't need to fork out additional $$ for it. I hope that the builder double checks information on lots in the future.

Erika, Awesome job on the cardio! Glad to hear that the cardio was better for you than what you experienced on Monday. Our mask mandate is only for indoors not outdoors, so I don't know how much that will change the attitude with the tournaments. Personally I hate this mandate, because it will require me to wear a mask all day at my desk. So I will be pulling this thing on and off to drink my coffee or water. I have been with the same 5 guys for all these month's, but now we all have to wear a mask. Our company has done a great job with the social distancing and only requiring masks when you have to work less than 6 feet apart. I found going to the grocery store (mask required) last night worst than being at work. A lady was right on top of me. Sorry for the rant, but there are some cases where these mandates just don't work.

Have a wonderful weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a PHA combo...I did Cathe Live PHA3 into Cathe Live PHA with Cardio Blasts for a solid, tough 90 minute workout. I was dripping.

Erika, great workout. I hope your DH and DS have a good weekend. I bet it is a bit of a relief to be staying home, though. Hope you enjoy your weekend and are able to get outside a bit. I totally agree that at times this summer has felt like winter to me. I really took for granted how much DH and I get out in the summertime when he is home and there isn’t a pandemic. :)

Laurie, great workout. Our sprinklers are actually where they are supposed to be, and that is one of the reasons I am upset the builder destroyed them. Honestly, our builder is considered the best in Huntsville and so I don’t see them learning anything from this process or, as another example, our four month process last year to fix our shower. Everything gets met with a shoulder shrug, which is what angers me more than anything. I have never felt like an uptight northerner....until I moved here! I completely understand your rant about face masks. I am a proponent of the mandate here, but there is no way I would want to wear a mask if I could distance myself from people at work. And wearing a mask doesn’t eliminate people doing not-smart things like crowding, making the masks irrelevant. But, sadly, I think we are at that point where there are really no good answers for this anymore.

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. Ours was a very relaxing weekend. There was a touch fall in the air on Saturday and Sunday morning!
    The temps were in the 70's but there was a northern wind that made it feel like fall.

I forgot to submit my post on Thursday night!

Thursday's workout was PHA3. On Friday I did a GinaB. low impact workout, Restorative yoga and Sculpting Fusion. On Sunday I did 4DS Back and Biceps. I really liked this workout. It was short and very effective.

My Butts & Guts used DVD came on Thursday and it is brand new. It's still in its original shrink wrap! My 4 Day Split arrived on Friday and it almost looks brand new, minus the shrink wrap.
    We finally got a good soaking rain on Thursday afternoon.

Laurie, great job with the Yoga Meltdown and Killer Abs workouts!
    I think you're right about people complaining for everything and anything. I had no idea Cathe got hurt making those Gym Style workouts. I can't believe people complained about the delay knowing she was injured!

Laurel, great workouts! I really like those PHA workouts!
    I can understand not turning the AC on for a section of a house if you different cooling zones. We keep the house between 75 and 76 during the day and 76 at night. This would've been unheard of for me about a year ago! LOL
    I was freezing out on the deck this morning and the weather app said it was 78. We're at a higher elevation and it is much cooler where our house is located. I had to put a sweatshirt on!

I hope we can stop wearing these masks soon too. Wow sounds like Alabama's numbers are really bad. I hope your DH doesn't mind working from home!
    I'm really sorry your experience with your builder hasn't been very good. I would've expected any damage or defect to be fixed ASAP and well. Is that being an uptight northerner? Do we need to remind ourselves that we now live in the South? Getting a handy person around Blue Ridge isn't easy. People don't answer their phones or don't show up for their appointments. So far we've been lucky with the people we've found.

Erika, great job with your Shift Shop workouts!!

I did well with Rev'd Up Rumble. Last night I felt asleep while watching TV and my leg must've been bent and I woke up in pain. It finally felt better this afternoon.
    How are the kids supposed to play sports while wearing a mask?
    I hope you guys had a beautiful, long weekend!

Hi Tami!

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

I received a notification from Jillian that she has a new program on her app called Take Back 2020 Challenge. I decided that I would try this one out for the next 28 days and see what happens. So I actually worked out on Sunday morning. :D The first two workouts where strength. The first one concentrated on Shoulders, Chest, Triceps and Legs. This morning was Back, Biceps and Legs. Have to say that I really enjoyed it, and tried to use as heavy of weight as I could handle. Saturday I did some weeding, and Sunday I had requests for face masks, so I spent the day sewing. It was all good because we had thunderstorms for most of the afternoon.

Laurel, Great workouts! I would imagine that would make you sweaty. That's to bad on the builder being one of the top in the state and treat their customers that way. Like okay we built the house, but our mistakes are nothing we want to deal with. I'm really glad that we didn't have a ton of problems with our house. Of course DH was there everyday to make sure that we didn't have any issues. So far this mask wearing is a really pain. I like to drink water all day long, and I have to take my mask off each time I want to drink.

Thelma, The weather for us this morning was really cool too. We had to wear sweatshirts on our walk this morning. We are going to be in the low 70's today, it was in the 50's this morning. :o Awesome job on your workouts!

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    Hi Ladies, Happy Monday!

It was a really nice relaxing weekend here, with fall like weather Sunday (which I love). I finished up week 1 of Shift Shop and week 2 starts today. Gotta say, I'm not loving the repeating of workouts every other day, but the program is only 2 more weeks, so I'll stick it out!

Laurie, do you have to pay for a subscription to JM's app? The workouts sound fun! My DH and DS went equipped with masks for the weekend, but said they saw a lot of people indoors not wearing masks. I'm not sure how it's going to get policed, as there are so many that fight the mandate (like they are here in MN). I have noticed now that everyone has masks on, there is no distance rule. I've had more people than I can count within inches of my face. I don't think people got that close before COVID even! My DS was able to play his game yesterday before the rain hit and cancelled the rest of the games for the other teams.

Thelma, sounds like you got the same fall like weather! Glad you liked 4DS, that is a great DVD. Butts and Gutts is too! :) The boys didn't have to wear masks while playing, but they recommend all spectators to wear them due to not being able to socially distance. Interesting enough, the gym my DS goes to just announced masks are required inside the club while working out...I think we'll see more of that here in MN. We have people wearing masks while out on a walk...by themselves with no one anywhere near them!

Laurel, sounds like an awesome combo of workouts! If I remember correctly, the live version is just slightly different than the DVD version? PHA is always one of my faves to go to if I'm not sure what to do!

Hi Tami!

I hope you all have a wonderful afternoon!

Erika
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. We had a nice one, if slightly busy. On Saturday, I cleaned the house and then we decided to move our two trees. DH, of course, did the bulk of the work, but it was still tough for me. But it is done, and, fingers crossed, they will survive. But given that we still haven’t heard back from the builder on repairing our sprinkler system, we both figured that is probably reflective of the type of ‘care’ they would put into moving our trees and we were better off trying to do it ourselves. If the trees don’t survive, at least it is on us. Then we decided to buy a small freezer for the garage, and picked that up yesterday which, of course, resulted in us completely reorganizing and cleaning the garage. :) It really needed to be done, so that was good.

For workouts, on Saturday I did a Jessica Smith Belly, Buns and Thigh walk and 30 minutes of yoga with Kristin McGee. Yesterday I did a Cathe Live workout called Express Lower Body Burn Sets Heavy Weights and a 45 minute HiiT and Hills ride with Peloton. About the Cathe Live workout, she is normally restricted in her Live classes to a top dumbbell weight of 15# since she films in her ‘cardio’ room. She only goes higher than that if she uses a barbell. Well, since she is the only one in her gym now, she filmed a ‘series’ over the past few weeks using heavier dumbbells, and the workout I did yesterday was one of them. It was so good! It was five rounds of three exercises (35 minutes long), those exercises being various forms of squats, lunges and deadlifts. All reps were kept at 12, and the weights ranged between 20# and 40#. Honestly, I think it was the best Cathe pure strength lower body workout I have ever done. Both Slow and Heavy Legs and STS Squat Rack Legs can bore me to tears. And all of her other lower body workouts vary between endurance and strength. And this was just strength.

So today I did another workout in that series which was Cathe Live Burn Sets Biceps and Triceps Heavy Weights, and I have a similar reaction to it. Only 38 minutes long, alternating biceps and triceps, mostly between 10 and 12 reps, rests between sets and just pure strength. Wednesday I will do the Chest, Back and Shoulder one and am really looking forward to it. I love that Cathe has taken this opportunity to do workouts like this that she wouldn’t be able to do with a class. She even has a Heavy Weight Bootcamp class that I may try soon. It just feels like such a nice bonus during such a not-very-nice time. Anyhow, for cardio I picked a workout that I feel like doing every three years or so :D ...Kick Max! And it was perfect today.

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad you enjoyed the 4DS workout and that your DVDs arrived in good shape. I am also glad you enjoyed the cooler weekend. Ours was the same with me saying it felt more like the first of September than the first of August on Saturday. That’s one of the reasons we jumped on moving the trees....it was such a beautiful day. I really hate to blame ‘The South’ for all of the weird things we have experienced since we have gotten here in trying to get things done. But when I think about some of them....like a guy who came to fix the washer and didn’t bring any tools so he was digging through DHs tool box.....I just have to think to myself ‘this is not normal’. Like you mentioned, it is almost routine for people to not show up for appointments. In fact, I am surprised when they do, especially on time. But in my 55 years of living a lot of different places, this is the first time I have experienced anything quite like this level of utter indifference. So I kind of have to say that some of it has to be an Alabama thing, which I hate doing. But....that doesn’t mean it isn’t true. B) I am trying to adjust, but when it comes to damaging our property, I get a little high strung. :#

Laurie, great workouts! Sounds like an interesting series from Jillian. I would hate taking my mask on and off all day long. Actually, because I am so OCD, I would have to be washing my hands every time I needed to move my mask to drink water, which means the skin on my hands would flake off in three days flat. Not good. I wish there was a better option for you. My sister works in an office where she has to have a mask on all day AND the surrounded her desk with plexiglass since she deals with outside customers. It is driving her crazy because he is having a very hard time communicating with anybody through the mask and the glass. These are just strange times, for sure.

Erika, glad you enjoyed a cooler weekend and were able to relax some! Great workouts. I am glad they are worth sticking with despite the repetition. I am not quite sure I could workout in a gym in a mask. Hope your DS is okay with it. All of Cathe’s Live PHA workouts are different from her DVDs. Her Live PHA 3 for me is, I think, my favorite of her PHA workouts because it really gets the heart rate up....and she does it without a step. The combo of those two factors—no step and high heart rate—make it a winner in the category, I think just ahead of S&S PHA. But, really, with PHA, there really is no ‘bad’.

Tami, hope you had a good weekend!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, DH and I went on what I thought would be a short trip today and it took way longer than expected so I was exhausted by the time we got back home. I needed an easy workout so I did Slide & Glide.

We had a really bad thunderstorm early this morning. We had torrential rain and very loud thunder and lightning. We had more rain in the afternoon and a tonight. It was a bit on the cooler side. It's really weird the way we're getting so much thunder lately. There were two days last week where we could hear thunder all day long in the distance.

Laurie, I am so glad you're enjoying Jillian's new program!! Talk about perfect timing for you!
    I really think that cool 70's feel like 50's to me now that my body has acclimated to this weather! LOL
    You guys are definitely having cooler temps already!

Erika, I'm so glad you had a relaxing weekend. We are also getting a little touch of fall here. Sorry you're not enjoying your workout program but like you said you only have two more weeks left on it.

I am so glad I was able to find a used 4DS program for such a good price and it's in perfect condition.
    I'm so glad the boys didn't have to wear masks while playing! I can't imagine working out with a mask on Erika. We went to Cabela's store today which was way too far! all the employees had cloth masks on but not all customers had them. DH and I had disposable masks on and after waiting forever there I felt like I needed to run outside to get some fresh air. I'm always surprised to see senior citizens without masks on. The few times we've gone out for a walk here we have the masks with us in case we need them. The chances of us running into anyone here are pretty slim but the time we didn't have the masks with us we ran into somebody! LOL

Laurel, I can't believe you and your DH moved those trees! That's a lot of work! Good for you! I think you did the right thing because it doesn't sound like you can trust that builder. You're going to love the small freezer! We've had one since 2003 and it's still working! It's about the size of a washing machine and it opens at the top and it has a bottom drawer too. A really good purchase!

Fantastic workouts!!! I really love the short and effective workouts Cathe has. I am really looking forward to doing more 4DS this week. Those live workouts with the heavier weights sound really, really good!

I'm glad you had cooler temps too. It really was great weather to do all that heavy work moving the trees around.
    I really think a lot of your bad experiences with handy people are typical of the south. It's really important to find people others recommend here. The people who stained our cabin were outstanding and DH found them because they did the cabin next door and was able to see what good job they had done. That's the biggest thing we've done to the house. Thankfully, our friends have lived here for a long time and know people who are good workers.
    It has to be a southern thing Laurel, because people complain here about workers not showing up, not returning calls. People leave jobs half finished and take off or do a really bad job. I don't know about your town but in this little town everything is found on Facebook. Anyone needing to find some type of worker asks on FB. They also warn others on FB of bad experiences too.

Hi Tami!

Have a goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was another beautifully cool morning. I completed Day 3 of the Take Back 2020 Challenge. This one was all cardio.

Erika, Great job with your workout. Yes I do have the app, it is actually very good. shrsl.com/26knl You can use your own music instead of listing to Jillian, and she keeps putting on more and more of her DVD's. The app can create a workout for you also. She does have programs that are very similar to Body Revolution and Body Shred too. We had a lot of county sheriffs that said they where not going to enforce the mandate, because it wasn't law. They said to contact the local health official to complain. Of course when you have people calling 911 on the day before the mandate goes into effect, that can really make officials a little upset. :o That rain was pretty impressive, some areas received over 6". I know my sister was cleaning up her basement afterward. Glad that your DS was able to get in his game.

Laurel, Glad to hear that you where able to move your trees, I'm sure they will survive if you give them the loving care that they will need. LOL on having to clean the garage, but nice that you have a freezer. We have had one for a long time, and I sure do love it. Wow on all your workouts! They all sound really good, and I'm sure that you are really enjoying exploring some of those LIVE workouts. I would feel isolated if I had to be behind plexiglass. There is one guy here that had it put up, and he can't hear behind it. I had to yell at him to get his attention. I have a hard enough time hearing, so don't need to add that to the mix. :D

Thelma, Awesome job on your workout! Sounds like you had quite the adventure beforehand. So far I'm really enjoying these workouts. Short and sweet, but effective. Plus I need to make sure that I take advantage of the $ I spent on the app. :D I like using the app instead of her DVD's, because then I don't have to go through all the warnings and production material before I finally get to the actual workout. :D

Tami, I hope your week is going well.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I changed up my workout plan today a bit because I decided I wanted to do these heavy Live workouts twice this week. So where today was meant for just yoga and spin, I added Cathe Live Burn Sets Back, Chest and Shoulders Heavy Weights to it. This was another great workout. It was nine rounds of three exercises, all for about 12 reps and nothing fancy. Loved it. I followed it with a 45 minute spin and 20 minutes of yoga, both with Peloton. And DH and I got out for a nice walk. :)

Thelma, that’s a great workout. I was looking over our next rotation and had forgotten I added that one in....and I was happy when I saw it. Not too tough but gets the job done. This freezer we got is like a small refrigerator, which is so nice because having shelves and a door that open to the side (as opposed to a top load chest) will make it easy to find things. We saw it by chance at Sam’s Club right after DH got back because they don’t actually sell it in the store. But somebody had bought it on-line for pick-up, and that’s how we came across it. And it really is perfect for our needs right now. I agree that some of what we have come across trying to get work done is just how things are here. I am not quite sure I will ever quite get used to it. Thankfully DH is very handy so we don’t need the help of too many people. But as we age.....

Laurie, great workouts! So far (three days in) our trees seem to be doing okay. That they don’t look thirsty tells me they are at least getting some water. I don’t mind spending some time every day looking after them because it gives me a great excuse to enjoy time in the sunshine in the yard, B) My sister says being surrounded by the plexiglass makes her feel like she is working in a fish bowl. But since they get so many visitors in her office, and she is pretty high risk because of her asthma, I am glad she is protected. I just wonder how long it will take to get used to things when we start taking things like the plexiglass barriers down. I wonder if some of them—like in stores—won’t remain pretty permanently.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I had a really good workout day today. I found another JS HIIT/Core workout but I didn't like it as much as the one I did last week. It was good though. I did JS HIIT Cardio and Core, Yoga Basics and 4DS Kickboxing-Boot Camp Circuit Upper Body. I really like the 4DS boot camp premix.

Laurie, great job with your workout challenge!

It was more of an annoying experience at a sporting goods store! I do love those short but effective workouts too. HA! Definitely need to take advantage of the $ you spent. Not having to go through the warnings and production material before a workout sure makes the app's cost worth it!

Laurel, another great workout combo! Great job!
    I agree that a refrigerator like freezer makes it easier to find things. I think that whenever ours goes we would get one like that.
    We are fortunate our husbands are both handy. DH has fixed a few things that needing fixing but the house is fairly new so not much work needed.

Hi Erika and Tami!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Another cool beautiful morning!! Today was Day 5 of the challenge. I skipped Day 4 since it was a rest day, don't think I need one of those. This workout was strength and it concentrated on Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps. Of course she also included legs in all the moves.

Laurel, Awesome workouts! Those heavy workouts really do sound very good. Glad to hear that the trees are doing well. You sound like me, watching them to make sure that they are taking hold in their new home. I'm that way with my plants. I wouldn't mind the plexiglass staying in the stores, just to protect the employee from everyone's germs. I have a kidney shaped desk so having plexiglass would be the same experience as you sister. :D Have you looked at the pics from the new workouts? I'm really liking that she has a yoga/stretch workout. Can't wait to get this series.

Thelma, Great job on your workout despite the fact that your JS workout wasn't as good as the previous one. Glad that you enjoyed that 4DS premix. I will have to do a 4 week challenge when we get Cathe's new workouts. I will have to include some of her other 30 min. routines in the premixes.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    Hi Ladies!

Yesterday got away from me, so I didn't get a chance to check in. We had a 4 hour "office meeting" and then I was knee deep in emails. Last night was Shift Shop Strength 35. I decided after that workout, I'm not going to finish the round. He was talking about how hard the workout is and how he had to modify and I hadn't even broken a sweat yet. I went as heavy as safely possible (the moves are fast) and in the end felt like it was a rest day.

So, if any of you are interested in the set (it may be your cup of tea, just not mine) I'll gift it to you. Just get me your address and it's yours!

Laurie, isn't this fall weather the best?!?! I'm loving it! Thanks for info on the app, it sounds fun! I was just reading about the opposition to the mask mandate in WI. We aren't having that same opposition here, but we've been under mandate a couple weeks longer and everywhere you go you can get a free disposable mask, so people have no reason to not wear one.

Thelma, sounds like a looonnngg day trip to Cabelas, but I love that store. So much to see, so it makes it worth the trip. I am still shocked by seeing people with no mask...you aren't under a state mandate, are you? I haven't gone anywhere yet where I haven't seen someone mask less, but we have a mandate here. Good call on bringing a mask on the walk. I don't think of that, but really no one is greeting/talking to each other around here if out on a walk.

Laurel, OMG those workouts sound AMAZING!!! Those are exactly the ones I love...short, sweet and to the point. I'm excited to hear how you like the bootcamp ones! Great job getting the trees moved, I know how much work that is. Just getting them out of the ground safely is a ton of work!

Hi Tami!

Have a great one!

Erika
  • StiringWendel
    edited August 2020
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live Express Burn Sets Lower Body Heavy Weight, and I liked it as much the second time as I did the first. :) For cardio, I did Cathe Live Love Me Some Cardio Kickboxing and I added on Core Max 1. And DH and I went for a walk. Good stuff today.

Thelma, great workouts, even if the Jessica workout wasn’t quite what you had hoped. I have never done those 4DS circuit premixes. I am glad you like it and now you have me wondering if I should try to slip one in during our circuit week. What do you think? I definitely agree on being lucky to have a handy husband. He is like some weird savant at just instinctively knowing how things work, which is SO not my strength. We have a new house too, but he has managed to upgrade the cable system in it. Um.....how? All I know is he walked into the attic, tracked insulation over the house and....presto magic, we have updated cable. Meanwhile, I am on the sofa trying to figure out a remote control. :D Well, I am not that bad....but close. :p

Laurie, sounds like another good workout. I baby my houseplants to. It makes me so sad when they don’t survive. Thankfully that isn’t too often. I love the look and sound of the new series from Cathe. I have a feeling these are going to be really good workouts. I am really happy she focused one of those yoga workouts on range of motion. At 30 minutes long, I would love to want to do that every week or two because I really feel my range of motion getting smaller and smaller as I get older. Not good.

Erika, you had a four hour meeting? That sounds like torture to me! Anyhow, I am sorry the new workouts aren’t what you are looking for. I will pass on them because I don’t mind less intense workouts at all....but I do mind less intense workouts that are presented as ‘killer’. I think you would love these heavier Live workouts. I hope she does more like it. Again, I love that she is adding variety to these Live workouts when she can. I read that tomorrow she is going to do a Medicine Ball/Metabolic workout, and, again, the use of a med ball for Live is a first. Now I just have to get a 4# Med Ball. :)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel