Second Start. Looking for supportive friends.

Hi there everyone. I'm a woman in my early 30s looking to drop a significant amount of weight.๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ I've been implementing healthier eating and increased activity, but sometimes it's hard to stay motivated.

I'd love to have some new friends to help me stay motivated and also provide encouragement to one another while we embrace a healthier lifestyle. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Sending everyone well wishes!

Replies

• creesama
    creesama Posts: 125 Member
    Hey there! I turn 31 in September and also have a significant amount of weight I'm trying to lose. I started at 274lbs on June 15th and have lost 22lbs so far. My current goal is to get to 174lbs, but I'll hopefully continue losing after that. I have 2 boys, a 2 1/2 year old and a 5 month old. I work 3 days a week and meal prep has been my lifesaver for sticking to my calorie deficit. I'll start to work in exercise more often as I go, but right now I'm just focused on making a lifestyle change with food.

Good luck and feel free to add as a friend!
  • josh250to180
    josh250to180 Posts: 32 Member
    I am also dropping a significant amount of weight. Hello Fellow weight-dropper!
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    I am 41 and looking to lose at least 60 pounds. I used MyFitnessPal back in 2012 and was able to lose 40 pounds. Then I got lazy and quit watching my food intake. I gained it all back. I am also looking for supportive friends.
  • chooibah
    chooibah Posts: 1 Member
    Well done on your loss so far!

I'm 38 and aiming to lose about 70lbs to get to 210lbs, and then reasses from that point.

I looked at my Libra weight charts since 2013 and it connected each time I used it to monitor weight loss, but what I see now is a scary trendline upwards!
  • erinnoleary
    erinnoleary Posts: 5 Member
    Me too! :)
  • vikkimurphy15
    vikkimurphy15 Posts: 1 Member
    Me too!
  • martinsanderson862
    martinsanderson862 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi everyone, Iโ€™m 35 been trying to loss some weight for a long time Been implementing activities to loss some Calories
  • dr_mundo
    dr_mundo Posts: 24 Member
    I would be happy too! Support is one of the most important things when you head out on this type of adventures - losing weight and building better health habbits
  • lucyfitstory
    lucyfitstory Posts: 7 Member
    HI! i'm 29 and i'm on the 1354687 time trying to lose weight haha. I'm taking a different approach this time and so far i've lost 20lbs so something is working, right?! I'd love to make new friends here and chat with a supportive crew :smiley:
  • MelodyH32
    MelodyH32 Posts: 10 Member
    I am 33. My birthday is next month. I am needing to lose a significant amount of weight as well. I have tried way to many times to be proud of. Right now my biggest woohoo moment was fully giving up sodas. One month down many more to go. I would love to be friends because it's hard making them as an adult. lol.
  • jlgregory13
    jlgregory13 Posts: 83 Member
    I will add you! Lets support each other.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,912 Member
    You are welcome to add me .... I would love to support you while you are on your journey .....wishing you the very best :)
  • shannon_80
    shannon_80 Posts: 5 Member
    New-ish here... havent been on the app in what feels like forever....but I'm back & ready to buckle down & get back on track!
    You're more than welcome to add me!
    Let's do this ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’•
  • MsAdventure19
    MsAdventure19 Posts: 104 Member
    Hi there everyone. I'm a woman in my early 30s looking to drop a significant amount of weight.๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ I've been implementing healthier eating and increased activity, but sometimes it's hard to stay motivated.

I'd love to have some new friends to help me stay motivated and also provide encouragement to one another while we embrace a healthier lifestyle. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Sending everyone well wishes!

Hello! I help run a community here in MFP for women who have significant weight to loose. It works by setting short term goals, sharing successes (or failures), and just having a space to feel supported. Feel free to join https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/136598-2020-one-derland
  • jmakleanaddo
    jmakleanaddo Posts: 101 Member
    This isn't exactly my second start but it's been a start where I've made the most progress in a while. While noticing the impending doom of my toxic relationship, I decided to take charge of my health and my life once again! And in the end I was right to do so. I'm here to support anyone who needs the support as well as make friends who may be dealing with heart break at the moment.. Talking truly helps... Good luck to you all and please add me!
  • vegetables4life
    vegetables4life Posts: 9 Member
    I am going to start adding all of you. I keep my food journal open and it really helps me
    To see what food choices other people are making.
  • thebiblewithtina
    thebiblewithtina Posts: 48 Member
    I'm going to add you all.
  • Katelookingreat
    Katelookingreat Posts: 10 Member
    You can add me too! And Iโ€™d like to add some of you if thatโ€™s okay. Iโ€™m 28, Iโ€™m a long way from what my weight was in college, but for now Iโ€™d like to start with losing 20lbs and go from there.

Iโ€™m sort of new to dieting, I never had an attempt that lasted more than 2 weeks, but this time Iโ€™m feeling positive and committed.

Iโ€™ve been dieting for a week with encouraging initial results. Iโ€™m looking forward to cooking more, trying healthy recipes, and trying to work out 2-4 times a week. If you have some similar goals then definitely add me and we can be health buddies.
  • amitgagal
    amitgagal Posts: 32 Member
    Actually this is my first try and I'm feeling confident about this coz I already lose 10 kg, I'll be happy to be your friend ๐Ÿ™ƒ