LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    It's ok to get off every once in a while. The trick is to def get back on. I need to get off sometimes and then I eat whatever I want and then I realize it really doesn't even taste that good to me so then I'm ready to get back on. I'm doing like JP...KISS and eat any cravings I have at my one meal. Hope your weekend is going wellllllll <3
  • Leah_62803
    Leah_62803 Posts: 292 Member
    As long as you get back to it, you’ll be ok!
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    So this pit stop has lasted a bit longer than expected lol.
    But back to it again tomorrow definitely WITH tracking again and WITH exercising again.
    Exercise is just gonna be eliptical for now and once I've gotten back in to the groove of doing something, I'll find another program to try out.

No real news other than that though.

Kittens!
    They've found themselves a new comfy spot to sleep in.... the dirty towels hamper lol
    U9ZArhF.jpg
    uwPns4z.jpg
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    OMG OMG OMG OMG the babies are so adorable.....screw the diet :D just send lots of kitten pics......OMG so so super sweet.......I am totally loving both of them....we have had a couple of orange tabbys and they are the sweetest.....but JJ is a doll with her face and those blue eyes.....OMG so cute........ <3<3

• Leah_62803
    Look at the little orange feet sticking out!! So cute.

I want an elliptical so bad. I joined a gym (and actually went) before I got pregnant with my 3rd baby and the elliptical was my favorite. I also want one of those exercise bikes they use in spin classes. I only did one class but I loved it even though I felt like death afterwards.
  • volgirl1322
    I spin at least 5 days a week and I love it so much. I really want a pellaton, but they are crazy expensive. I bought a spin bike from a used store, play it again sports a few years back it was about $500 but totally worth every penny. You could see if you have a store like that in your area.....

OMG ----the little kittens so cute :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    I'm dying with how cute the kittens are!!! Of course they're both adorable, but THAT CALICO!!!! <3
  • LiLee2018
    I don't have anywhere else to post this right now. I need to post this while I'm waiting to hear back from husband.
    Our youngest dog bit my youngest son's nose (like almost the entire tip) almost completely off. Like, it was only hanging on by the bottom skin of his nose. At least that's what it looked like. I didn't want to take the cloth off of it to look at it since it seemed to just be hanging there.
    Husband and I were in the bathroom together (I was feeding kittens and hubs was using the bathroom).
    Kids were running around and suddenly heard the dog do that kind of snappy dog bark and then my boy screaming and then the other 2 screaming.
    He comes running in to the bathroom as I'm getting up just drenched in blood.
    911 was called and hubs went with him to the hospital. I'm sure it was shock but my youngest stopped crying pretty quick and just acting like such a tough brave little guy.
    Texting DH and he said they've just taken him back to do surgery. He said they might let them come home tonight if everything goes well I guess.

Feel like such a cliche right now. Always reading about a friendly family dog just suddenly biting/attacking a child or something and you know.. you have your thoughts about it.
    Like... our dog was friendly (to us at least, he was nervous around strangers). He'd let my kids just lay and hug all over him and just lick them happily and love the attention.
    No frickin idea what happened. Where the blood was and from what my daughter told me.. I think the dog was getting in to some goldfish crackers that was on the couch and my boy must've ran up on him and startled him in to snapping b/c of food aggression. He had food aggression when we first got him as a puppy, but with us working with him, he grew out of it, but just... I don't even know. I don't know. Just a horrible damn accident that just... You never think it's going to be your dog b/c well.. it's your dog. You know your dog.
    I feel so guilty for not I dunno.. I just feel guilty like somehow we should've known it was going to happen. Like.. our dog wasn't aggressive. Our kids know how to act around our pets.... but we still should've known.

I signed our dog over though. Feel so bad for doing it, but how the hell can you trust a pet that does that seemingly out of nowhere? Supposed to get a call tomorrow to to I guess.. I don't know.. investigate it further or something? Told the animal control cop that it's been a couple of years since his rabies shot b/c I couldn't remember, but it was only last year. I'll have to tell them that when whoever it is calls tomorrow. I don't know if that will even make a difference though since I'm not sure if dogs that bite are automatically put down.

I'm sorry this is so long. I didn't want to post this all over FB, but I just needed to put it somewhere while I wait. Wish we could be at the hospital too. Stupid covid.

• LiLee2018
    My boy is out of surgery and they said everything looks good. A lot of damage (obviously), but they were able to line it all back up how it as supposed to go. There were some 'dusky' spots, but surgeon hoping it will heal up just fine. We just have to put neosporin on it, keep it moist while it heals.

They should be coming home tonight, but think they're just waiting for him to wake up a bit more.
  • LiLee2018
    They got home around 10 last night. My baby boy was woozy and bandaged up but ok.
    Got a look at his nose this morning and it was the nostril skin (on the outside) that was holding it on. It looks good though. Looks a little swollen and obviously all stitched up but it looks good. DH just went off to get more stuff to take care of it.
    He's acting ok today too thank goodness. Lower energy but that's to be expected.

We just got a call from the animal shelter telling us that they're going to have to put our dog down so they can check for rabies. He just had his shots last year, but I dunno, I guess it's routine or something. I don't know but feel sick with guilt about it.
  • volgirl1322
    OMG i am so so sorry.......That is super scary, but don't feel guilty about it, I know easy for me to say....>but you had no idea something would happen.....I am so happy that your boy is doing okay and can't imagine the trauma and all, but boys are tough, and trust me, he will probably be bragging about the scar before too long :) boys are silly like that.......

Sending you lots of virtual hugs...... <3<3<3
  • Leah_62803
    I am so sorry that this happened to your family. Thank goodness he’s ok and recovering.

It happened to us many years ago so I understand the fear and guilt.
  • LiLee2018
    Thanks you 2.
    The guilt over it all is really eating me up. Thankfully my son is doing ok though and hopefully his nose will heal up with minimal scarring.
    Last few days has been completely draining though.
    Daughter got a fever on Monday? She had a pre-op (for her dental sedation) appointment at her pediatrician and was totally fine. But then around noon she complained about a headache. Thought it was just bc she had had too much sugar or something.
    But then around 5, she came in complaining that she was freezing, then burning up. By the time she went to bed she had a fever of just over 101.
    With everything going on now, of course I was super paranoid so stayed up to keep an eye on her.
    Next day, she was ok, low energy, but seemed ok for most of the day until she spiked a fever again around 6pm, but thankfully her temp was normal again by the time I went to bed.
    THEN she had some vomiting the day after, but felt fine like right after throwing up a couple of times. /shrugs
    SO I was already tired from that and then well... then the bite happened and... this week can hurry up and just end already.
    I'm sure my weight is up a lot, but well.. I'll deal with it. Not this week,... this week can kiss my a--.. but next week definitely. Will get it together next week.
  • volgirl1322
    You have so much going on......hoping your weekend is a lot better!!!! <3
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Hugs❤️ Hugs❤️ Hugs❤️ So sorry to hear about your son🥺 So happy to hear that the surgery went well and he is recovering 👍❤️ Oh no, your daughter is not feeling well either 😞 Aww, you have so much on your plate right now❤️❤️❤️ Sending over lots of positive and quick healing vibes💕💖 I know it hard...we had a dog last time and he was the sweetest little guy. However, one day, he nearly bite off my daughter's finger. So, my Dad took our dog back home and from that day onwards, we don't have any pets except a couple of goldfishes. Take care❤️
  • LiLee2018
    Geeze. Seems like dog bites happen a lot more than anyone thinks.

Thankfully daughter has been fine since Wed. Back to her old little 7yo attitude self lol.
    And youngest son is back to his old self too.. just with some added medications and smearing stuff on his nose while it heals. Kids definitely bounce back faster than the adults.
  • LiLee2018
    FX for a better week.
    It's back to keto though. Actually going to kick it back off with an egg fast. My kids birthdays are this weekend so it's just going to be a week back on, weekend cheat, then back on it again.
    My weight.. I know my weight is WAY up there. I was stress eating like CRAZY last week and I'm so bloated b/c of it. Like really bad. So bad that I woke myself up snoring. I only snore if I'm sick or if I've packed on weight again.
    No idea what my weight is but I wouldn't be surprised to see 200 again.
    Time to get this crap going again though.
    I can't let stress win.
  • mistymeadows2005
    OH MAN!!! Sorry for just catching up but GEEZ LOUISE!!! That's so scary!!! That JUST happened to my sister but the dog went after a STRANGER!!! They worked it out outside of court, but that kinda stuff is SCARY!!! I love dogs, but I'll stick with my kitties, teacup pugs, and Pomeranians LOL

I'm so happy your lil guy is ok - and for sure, they rebound so fast, it's freaky LOL - don't beat yourself up babe!!! There's NOTHING you could have done and no way to have known...these things happen...they suck but they happen <3

Sending you love!!!
  • LiLee2018
    Yeah... I think we're done with big dogs. At least for now while the kids are still small. It's like.. yeah.. a chihuahua can bite, but they're not going to do the damage a rotty or lab or some other larger dog will do.
    Rock was a good dog and just had a bad moment, but that bad moment did a lot of damage b/c he was a big strong dog.

Took this photo yesterday of my boy. He's acting totally like himself thankfully. Goofy, loud and silly.
    The entire stitched up part was completely separated from the other part of his nose. Like, when we would move the wash cloth from his face, that chunk of area was only hanging on by the little bit that wasn't damaged.
    AwN5oaj.jpg
    I'm sorry to go in to gruesome details but just.... it was terrible. My heart felt like it stopped and pounded out of my chest at the same time.
    He's good though and healing up great.

He did say something that broke my heart this morning. Playing with some playdoh and he used a dog mold to cut out a dog shape. Said it was Rocco and wanted to give it to the dog. When I told him we don't have Rocco anymore. That he's in doggy heaven. My boy just nodded and said he was going to save it for when Rocco comes back home. UGH, he doesn't understand. :(
    Like, seriously, they were best buddies.
    Something like this happened almost daily. Cuddles and playing w/ Roc just licking him all over the face. etc.
    ujIXgub.jpg

Anyway... just.. dreading the moment when he does actually understand that Roc isn't coming back.

But yeah. Decided that I'm going to wait until next week to do the egg fast. I'm just not quite mentally prepared to get back on the wagon just yet. Think knowing I'll be cheating again this weekend is messing me up.

Ok.. next post will be happy hyper kittens update!
  • mistymeadows2005
    I'm so sorry babe, that's so tough :( Too bad because it looks like he was generally very kid friendly :(

Take your time to grieve babe, it's not an easy thing - looking forward to kittens though!!! <3