Reaching DV% Fiber

What’s everyone’s favorite go to for fiber? Beans and lentils I’ve read, but what are your favorite fiber side dishes? Mine have been ...boring! Please share ✌️

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,895 Member
    I get a little fiber throughout the day and it adds up. Beans and certain berries help tremendously.

Tonight I had 100 g of Four Bean Salad with dinner (106 calories; 5 g fiber, would have been more if I were having it as a main dish rather than a side) and my bed time snack will include 75 g of raspberries (39 calories; 5 g fiber.) Blackberries have even more fiber. They are in season where I am.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    I grew up on italian-american food so everything tastes better to me with tomato sauce. So I like to mix lentils or cannelloni beans with seasoned chopped tomatoes or leftover pasta sauce.

I try to mix beans into as many different side dishes I can. Rice, pasta, soups, stew, all get some beans when I think of it.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited July 2020
    Blackberries, raspberries and avocado/guacamole tend to be my primary sources of fiber. And then a little from peppers, onions, tomatoes and occasionally low carb tortillas
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,940 Member
    Whole grains, too, like popcorn, grits, whole wheat, oats, brown rice. Fruits and vegetables, especially with the skins. Man, I get so much fiber. Rarely less than 35g.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Whole grains, too, like popcorn, grits, whole wheat, oats, brown rice. Fruits and vegetables, especially with the skins. Man, I get so much fiber. Rarely less than 35g.

Me, too