Ultimate Accountability Challenge-The Healthy Lifestyle- August.2020

Replies

• Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    There are various reasons why this group works so well. Some of these are that it has very simple rules to follow (of course, simple and easy are not always the same thing). You get to choose your own way to meet the rules, meaning you choose what your calorie budget is and what exercise you are going to do etc. it is all about supporting each other to achieve the goals not judging if you slip up. Plus, if you do slip up you are still welcome actually you are encouraged to continue! This is how we build the habits we need for a healthy lifestyle.
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    I'd like to join - I need to get 3) under control. In oder to achieve this, I will add

5) get 7-9 hrs of sleep each night

If I am succesfull at this, all the hard work I put into cardio and lifting will surely pay off and show more. I am also confident, that 5) will make the workouts even more enjoyable.

Thank you for the challenge, to all "guilty" of starting and keeping it going. ⚘
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,949 Member
    dewit wrote: »
    I'd like to join - I need to get 3) under control. In oder to achieve this, I will add

5) get 7-9 hrs of sleep each night

If I am succesfull at this, all the hard work I put into cardio and lifting will surely pay off and show more. I am also confident, that 5) will make the workouts even more enjoyable.

Thank you for the challenge, to all "guilty" of starting and keeping it going. ⚘

@dewit awesome! Welcome aboard!!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    @dewit and @samiek don't forget to actually GO to the link I have copied and click 'join' !! (i don't see either of you in the 'Members' list yet! (as of 5:00 pm EST)

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/137923-ultimate-accountability-challenge-august-2020
  • MadisonMolly2017
    samiek wrote: »
    Hello. I would like to join. I am in need of accountability for my weight loss journey. I've struggled with sticking to a plan and feel this will be a great way to stay with it.

@samiek
    Great! Delighted to have you join us!!
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    See our team mates enthusiasm above. Drop in and check us out at the July 2020 Ultimate Accountability Challenge.
    Join us below:
    The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND and emphasis on life-changing healthy basic habits.
    This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a non-commercial volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.
    We enthusiastically welcome our returning veterans and newcomers too!
    The accountability is a daily report of:
    1)More than 20 minutes of daily exercise;
    2) Tracking the caloric intake of both food and beverage;
    3) Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories
    4)Daily or every third day reporting of your fulfillment of the above.

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month
    Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification.
    We are a small volunteer group. We are motivated to serve others while we strive to be faithful to our own weight loss and/or maintenance goals.
    Join us by clicking the link
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/137923-ultimate-accountability-challenge-august-2020#
  • RangerRickL
    @Dory_42 Thank you for your post of encouragement and explanation. I appreciate you so much!
    Your friend, Rick
  • saltypickle
    saltypickle Posts: 307 Member
    I’m in! Unfortunately, hurt my back helping someone move; so couldn’t walk much & dropped the group for awhile. Just started walking last Saturday it’s amazing mentally & physically how good it feels; despite the pain. Hopefully can get back to running soon.
  • saltypickle
    saltypickle Posts: 307 Member
    ....my favorite group quote is “the kitchen is closed”. It now closes every night at 7:00. There’s no reason to go in there for anything but water.
  • MadisonMolly2017

....my favorite group quote is “the kitchen is closed”. It now closes every night at 7:00. There’s no reason to go in there for anything but water.

@saltypickle sorry about your back, but thrilled you are back!

I began using the “Kitchen is Closws” last night after 27 months in UAC. Nice to learn of solutions for when we need them!!
  • heffalump2014
    heffalump2014 Posts: 89 Member
    One of the nicest community challenges and I am back for August. It keeps me on track and gets me up for those requisite 20 minutes which soon becomes 1 hour of exercise as the endorphins kick in .
    Thanks@RangerRickL for organising this 🙏🏼
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    This is my favourite challenge. When I participate I am successful. Looking forward to being back on track this month!
  • RangerRickL
    @heffalump_82 You are oh so welcome! I enjoy being your friend through the UAC. That is where I spend my time and I'm so glad you do too!
  • RangerRickL
    @LisaPower123 Thanks for the shout-out for the UAC!!
    I appreciate you!
    Rick
  • RangerRickL
    See our team mates enthusiasm above. Drop in and check us out at the July 2020 Ultimate Accountability Challenge.
    Join us below:
    The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND and emphasis on life-changing healthy basic habits.
    This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a non-commercial volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month
    Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification.
    We are a small volunteer group. We are motivated to serve others while we strive to be faithful to our own weight loss and/or maintenance goals.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/137923-ultimate-accountability-challenge-august-2020#
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    @dewit and @samiek don't forget to actually GO to the link I have copied and click 'join' !! (i don't see either of you in the 'Members' list yet! (as of 5:00 pm EST)
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/137923-ultimate-accountability-challenge-august-2020

Thank you @BMcC9 for pointing this out! ⚘ I would have missed it o/w. I just signed it 👍.

I am a bit of a mess atm, so I need to regroup today. I hope to be able to actively join from tomorrow. It would be lovely if August 1st would mean a fresh restart 😄.

🙌 everyone!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    edited August 2020

Thank you @BMcC9 for pointing this out! ⚘ I would have missed it o/w. I just signed it 👍.

I am a bit of a mess atm, so I need to regroup today. I hope to be able to actively join from tomorrow. It would be lovely if August 1st would mean a fresh restart 😄.

🙌 everyone!
    [/quote]
    dewit wrote: »
    BMcC9 wrote: »

🙌 everyone!

In the world of UAC ... EVERY [month] 1st IS a fresh restart, with three shinny new Pass Day credits to see you through to the [end of month] Winner's Circle. If you run out of passes before you run out of month, just consider yourself "in training" till [the following month] 1st - and start again with three MORE shinny new Pass Days .... and repeat!
  • RangerRickL
    4jwudku152rt.gif

There's always a few little changes at the very end of the month, but here are our team members who have achieved the surprisingly difficult and very coveted qualification in the July UAC Winner's Circle:
    @windowqueen2003
    @TerriRichardson112
    @corriepelc
    @snowshoe072
    @Bill70sStrong
    @juliemouse83
    @eno5315
    @JTreasures
    @MadisonMolly2017
    @fatbambi2017
    @alligatorob
    @Bill70sStrong

Congratulations!! We are all proud for you!!
    Rick
  • RangerRickL
    Join us below: