Anyone use a DNA test? did the results help you with your goals?

Macedo7
Macedo7 Posts: 3 Member
Hi, I am considering trying one of those DNA tests. Not that my progress is going bad, on here I just simply stopped recording it at a certain point because after loosing weight I got to a point where I wanted to maintain where I was. I am considering it to see what tips or ideas it gives and maybe see what happens. I am also considering doing it to share what it advises, actually doing it and then posting the results. What is everyone's thoughts?

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    I have my DNA test. I know myself but I already knew that before the test. You're wanting to do the health one.
    I don't want that one. I don't want any test prognosticating when I might 'gulp'...kick the bucket. I don't want to know that much. I don't want to start living my life trying to live up to those expectations. I'm not going out like that.

No. There's only choices and consequences. I'll leave it all UP to that.
  • Macedo7
    Didnt know it told you that. I just paid for the Muhdo one. It does say it shows what health risks you have a high chance of developing. Was that what you talking about? I am sure it will say diabetes because allot of people in my family have it, but they dont exercise and eat like crap, are over weight and drink allot of alcohol. Might not be genetic just poor lifestyle habits passed on and shared.
    I am also not to keen on all of that as I suffer from OCD. So I could obsess about it and it would become a problem. Will probably skip that breakdown.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    I did a vitagene a while ago.
    It gave me something like this.
    i1s2ahierzbu.png
    I guess it's good to know but I don't think it's that accurate. I mean I am not lactose intolerant nor have gluten sensitivities. But it shows I do...
    2hc5alm6904w.png
  • Macedo7
    Thanks. What I will do is diet based on it and let you all know what happened. I can tell you when I did diet simply using this app I lost weight then I stopped recording because I had changed my habits to a point that I knew what was needed and I did not need to record it. Experiment time.