5'2 and 192lb

theweeonemfp
theweeonemfp Posts: 27 Member
I need to lose 72lb.

Its so daunting. But how I feel at the moment every day is so horrific and sluggish. My mood is terrible and I'm not doing this anymore.

72lb weight loss is my goal. It's going to happen.

Replies

• dcaje5
    dcaje5 Posts: 1 Member
    Good for you. It is a daily challenge that I make the right choices.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,940 Member
    You can do it.

I had to lose that much too. I did it.

It takes time and it's often two steps forward, one step back.

You only fail if you quit.

Get at it!!
  • newlifenewrules
    newlifenewrules Posts: 8 Member
    You got this! I am 205 and 5'2'' - hoping to be where you are by the end of August. I'm friending you :)
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    If 72 seems daunting: work on it 5 or 10 pounds at a time. Personally I look forward to getting under the next '5'. And know that weight fluctuates, so even when you get under a new point it is possible (even normal) for the next week or so, there may be times (due to water weight) that it goes back up. Don't panic when that happens!

So in your shoes I would first look for the first time the scale shows 189.9 or lower. And then even though it may show another 190 # sometime after that, I would start looking forward to 184.9 and so on.
  • saltysparkle
    saltysparkle Posts: 145 Member
    Short people unite! You can do this! I'm 5'1" and was at 178 in January. I'm at 161 now, and so glad I started the weight loss. Some days I feel like I'm not doing so great, but then I remind myself I could put those 15 or 16 lbs. back on, and the answer is "No freakin' way!"
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Heck, I had twice that much to lose. I still have to lose that and half again. But here's the deal, if you don't start you never make any progress. Lots of folks start with hundreds of pounds to lose. Others have less than 20. But we are all in the same boat. We all need to decide to change our eating and exercise habits to get to our goals. We all have to do it one small step at a time. There's no other way.

So, lose 5 pounds and then grab a bag of flour. Throw it in a shoulder bag and carry it around for awhile. That will remind you what losing that five pounds did for you and how worth it this all is!

You can do this!
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    You can do it! I also started at 190 (I’m 5’0”) and it really just takes persistence. Just keep going through all the ups and downs and good days and bad days. You’ll get there.
  • WildBoldOne
    WildBoldOne Posts: 1 Member
    U can do it ... im 5"2 and im starting at 211 so we have to work together and support and motivate each other. Im here if u want q motivation buddy.
  • Leezy55
    Leezy55 Posts: 339 Member
    5'2.5" started at 192 lost 33 lbs in 4 months. Then gained 17 back, down 14-15 again. Whew! Goal 40-45 more! Long process of ups and downs but I never want to see those 17 lbs again. You have a lot of support here. Just start!
  • BelleHastyle
    BelleHastyle Posts: 5 Member
    I'm 5'4 and 132 lbs. -50 lbs in 3 months and I was ready to quit more than 3 times but I didn't and now I'm proud of myself. Good luck and stick to the plan..