MFP and Samsung Health

oeagleo
oeagleo Posts: 70 Member
Has anyone been successful at getting MFP to talk to Samsung Health? If you have, there's a beer waiting for anyone that can tell me how to accomplish this.

Replies

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Depends what you mean by talk to. It sends over my steps and exercise data, as long as I disable negative calorie adjustments. Those still don't work. Can be a bit finicky and slow about it though.
  • oeagleo
    I'm trying to get the meal data over to Samsung Health, but so far, the only thing that comes over is exercise data, hours later. No steps, no meals, and Samsung Health has so much better tracking than MFP.
  • mullanphylane
    mullanphylane Posts: 172 Member
    oeagleo wrote: »
    I'm trying to get the meal data over to Samsung Health, but so far, the only thing that comes over is exercise data, hours later. No steps, no meals, and Samsung Health has so much better tracking than MFP.

NOT criticizing. I'm not familiar with Samsung Health, but if it is better than MFP, why not just dump MFP?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Still some known current bugs.
    https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032625231-Known-Issues-Integration-Partners

The fact some have success must mean it's more specific than broken in general - tracking down specific issues can be interesting.

I'll comment that even when it was working correctly - data was moving - it wasn't the correct data as MFP API's say to send, so the math was wrong on MFP.

I don't think S-Health sent a daily calorie burn figure over.

Since MFP is the one creating the adjustments, I think that is what caused incorrect negative adjustments to be created.
    S-Health didn't really send over daily burn that included the exercise calories.
    But MFP to not double-count what it did receive subtracts them out.
    Made for bad math.
    daily burn should mean daily burn, not sure why Apple and Samsung don't get that concept. Pretty sure they display it correctly on their own app.
  • oeagleo
    oeagleo wrote: »

NOT criticizing. I'm not familiar with Samsung Health, but if it is better than MFP, why not just dump MFP?

Mainly because of the convenience of MFP in scanning new foods, import recipes, and the actual meal entry. I'm talking where Samsung Health is better is in the nutrient breakdown, nutrient goals etc. MFP wins on the actual data entry. :smiley: