What is your "Petty" Reason to Lose Weight?

Replies

• healthysmrs
    healthysmrs Posts: 32 Member

A rivalry that has been going on for a while. The pettiness... is all exterior (vanity) who looks better.. younger, dresses nicer.. thinner. I got this. Along with the petty..improving my health, strength and stamina is more important.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    I would say it’s for my mental health....I can be like a bit of a pressure cooker..... and training is like my release.... it’s my time away from everyone and everything....

This right here...
  • Venus_1
    Venus_1 Posts: 71 Member
    Bump
  • ixchelkeshet
    ixchelkeshet Posts: 36 Member
    Summer. Beaches. Shorts. Rompers.

Looking fit or ok or great is unacceptable. No wiggle room for mediocrity in the looks department. Hot and ageless are the end goals. An ageless physique to be exact.

Please be kind to yourself. Often, you will be all you've got.
  • Leezy55
    Leezy55 Posts: 339 Member
    twinkles4 wrote: »
    I had no petty reasons for starting my lifestyle change. I legit felt sick af, that decision was for me alone. But I developed petty reasons to keep going. Mostly surrounding my MIL and SIL who would make snide comments on my progress.

MIL: "Don't get to happy with yourself, you'll just lose motivation like I did"
    SIL: "a few more pounds and you won't be ugly anymore"

Etc, and so on. I take sooo much joy in the fact that SIL (who was really thin at the time) found all the weight I lost and just traded me her smaller clothes for all my plus size ones lol.

Love it!!

Hahahaha hahaha! You go girl!
  • jmakleanaddo
    jmakleanaddo Posts: 101 Member
    Divorce revenge lol

The best kind of revenge!
  • jmakleanaddo
    jmakleanaddo Posts: 101 Member
    Summer. Beaches. Shorts. Rompers.

Looking fit or ok or great is unacceptable. No wiggle room for mediocrity in the looks department. Hot and ageless are the end goals. An ageless physique to be exact.

Please be kind to yourself. Often, you will be all you've got.
    My pettiest reason is that I might have to see an ex in a year. But petty reasons abound!

I would like to stop dressing defensively.

I would like to stop being the fat sister.

I would like to not go into the next phase of my life looking older than my years.

You got this! Just make some goals and stick with them! Stick it to your ex in a year. It will feel great. But as you said in a previous post, be kind to yourself on your journey. Take care!