Logging dinner?

Hey! My neighbor runs a small meal prep business out of her home. I ordered today for the first time. She does a great job and my first meal was delicious, but I’m not sure of the calorie count or how to log it. She follows a diet called Ideal Protein, so for her customers who also follow that program, she includes (in the description of each meal) how many points it is based on that specific program.. Today I ordered Shrimp Pad Thai. Lots of veggies and a good amount of shrimp..then I added my own brown rice. How do I go about logging when I’m not sure of the calories? I also ordered some burgers and mashed cauliflower.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Did you ask your neighbor?
  • keke7133
    keke7133 Posts: 34 Member
    Did you ask your neighbor?

I didn’t ask her. Maybe tomorrow I’ll message her to say how great my first meal was and just throw the calorie question out there.
  • slw37
    slw37 Posts: 85 Member
    Does she have a website? Maybe she puts nutrition info out there.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    Otherwise you can estimate. You added your own rice so you should be able to log that accurately. Estimate how many cups of the veggies and log that. Estimate how much shrimp and log that. If you know what kind of sauce it was, find an entry for a commercial brand of the sauce and log that. Id log a little oil too, based on how dry/oily it seemed while eating it.

You could find a restaurant shrimp pad Thai in the database, but that might overestimate calories as it sounds like she is selling these as diet meals.

Whenever someone else prepares your food, unless they're providing you with a recipe with measurements, you do need to estimate and there will be a margin of error.
  • keke7133
    keke7133 Posts: 34 Member
    Thank you. They are healthy meals she prepares, so instead of driving myself nuts, I just used one that was in the database on the lower end of calories. Then I logged my rice. Last night I had chicken breast, a big salad, and Mashed cauliflower I ordered from her. I jsut searches homemade mashed cauliflower and went with that. Ordering her meals is easier as far as having to cook, but a lot tougher as far as logging.😭😭