Underrated foods?

Replies

• thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    Lookup the restaurant Raclette in NYC :)

I am crying a little in envy looking at them scraping raclette:

God, I want some melted cheese. I love gooey, melted cheese. It just calls me.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    Since jackfruit is getting a lot of hate lately on the "1 food you don't eat" thread, I'm gonna say jackfruit. I don't love the pre-seasoned packet ones, but season-it-yourself green jackfruit shreds are decent, and I think the actual ripe fruit is pretty tasty (though sooooo fussy to pick out & eat).
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    Butter lettuce
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Butter lettuce is great.

I think jackfruit gets hate since it's promoted as a meat replacement but has little protein.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    Butter lettuce

Second this!
  • pancakerunner
    not really any one food, but pizza FLAVORED things are underrated.
  • gabriellayang314
    gabriellayang314 Posts: 10 Member
    Shredded wheat-nutty- little sugar- only cereal in diet and awesome after work out or long day. Get the big biscuit kind- I think it’s more flavorful
  • jwoolman5
    jwoolman5 Posts: 191 Member
    Grape Nuts cereal, but not as a breakfast cereal. Add to casseroles. I used to cook up some pasta and then bake for a bit with grape nuts, oil, onion until the Grape Nuts were soft and then add some Parmesan. Anything else can also be added, of course. I would probably add beans/veg nowadays if I could ever remember to buy some Grape Nuts...

The wheat and barley are a very tasty blend. That's pretty much all that's in it besides yeast and salt, other than added vitamins and minerals.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    jwoolman5 wrote: »
    Grape Nuts cereal, but not as a breakfast cereal. Add to casseroles. I used to cook up some pasta and then bake for a bit with grape nuts, oil, onion until the Grape Nuts were soft and then add some Parmesan. Anything else can also be added, of course. I would probably add beans/veg nowadays if I could ever remember to buy some Grape Nuts...

The wheat and barley are a very tasty blend. That's pretty much all that's in it besides yeast and salt, other than added vitamins and minerals.

I forgot how much I LOVE grape nuts and this sounds genius. I'll have to try them this way. Now I have a craving for grape nuts lol.
  • pancakerunner

I forgot how much I LOVE grape nuts and this sounds genius. I'll have to try them this way. Now I have a craving for grape nuts lol.

grape nuts with half and half... love!
  • joyanna2016
    joyanna2016 Posts: 323 Member
    Grape nut ice cream is DELICIOUS! Just mix some in your favorite softened vanilla ice cream and let it sit in the freezer several days until the grape nuts soften a little. Was my dad's favorite ice cream. 💙
  • joyanna2016
    joyanna2016 Posts: 323 Member
    Rice pudding
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    sunflower seed butter
  • pancakerunner
    Rice pudding

yes! And tapioca and bread pudding.Pudding in general...
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Pointed cabbage! I eat it all the time. Also other round cabbage in general, let’s branch out from kale people!
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Pointed cabbage! I eat it all the time. Also other round cabbage in general, let’s branch out from kale people!

I've been eating purple cabbage almost with every meal now for months. So good!
  • tnh2o
    tnh2o Posts: 155 Member
    Pumpkin. Not out of a can or the jack-o-lantern kind but roasted pumpkin.
  • pancakerunner
    tnh2o wrote: »
    Pumpkin. Not out of a can or the jack-o-lantern kind but roasted pumpkin.

ooo yeah roasted squash in general!
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Winter squashes are good at all times of the year I have an acorn squash addiction!!
  • pancakerunner
    alexmose wrote: »
    Winter squashes are good at all times of the year I have an acorn squash addiction!!

acorn squash with brown sugar and butter :)