Kat's OMAD journey

Replies

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    That's so true...am just eating whatever I want for my OMAD, exercise and wait for the magic to happen :) Sure hope I can get down to my GW this year *fingers cross* Got down to 114lbs but then when covid-19 came, back up again. :(<3 Congrats on your 3 pounds loss...wohoo! <3 Keep up the good work :)
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Wow Jp, if you already got to 114 this year it should be very attainable again. You'll def get there it's just a matter of time and that goes by sooooo quickly!
    Omad on the weekends is much easier for me. No stress and i get to go out and run around my favorite stores: HomeGoods and Target lol. Got home around 3 and I eat at 5....so not long to wait.
    Made lasagna, beet salad with a lil avocado and a tillamook ice cream sandwich for dessert. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.
    Need to lose 50 pounds (start on July18):
    July 19: +.4...50.4 to go
    July 20: -1.1...49.3 to go
    July 21: +.3...49.6 to go
    July 22: -.3...49.3 to go
    July 23: -.2...49.1 to go
    July 24: -.3...48.8 to go
    July25: -.4...48.4 to go
    8rpx74p4vg16.jpg
  • jadepearl
    Wohoo... 0.4 pounds loss! :) Keep up the good work! :) Yummy lasagna :yum: I hope this time I will get down to 110 pounds and then hopefully, I will be able to keep that weight forever :lol:
  • Leah_62803
    Leah_62803 Posts: 292 Member
    You are doing so good! Look at your weight just going down, down, down. Looks like a 2 lb total loss for the week. Great job!
  • katjustkat
    edited July 2020
    Thanks JP...Just buy some nice clothes at that size and that'll keep you on track. I think I started to gain weight when I started wearing leggings....they stretch and you don't realize you're bigger till it's too late :s
    Thanxxx Leah, omad is the only 'diet' where I get results. I just gotta keep it in the forefront of my brain. :#
    Good omad...helping a bit with the deck so that kept me busy. Had eggs in purgatory, crunchy oven sliced potatoes, salad, cherries and a few salted caramel mini rice cakes. They were wayyyyy salty so I'll probably retain water tomorrow. Here comes another week! It'll be Friday again in a blink :# Hope everyone has a goooood week :0)
    July 25: -.4...48.4 to go
    July 26: -.2...48.2 to go
    1h6ljqcwk27b.jpg
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Catching up on all your posts....and now....I am legit starving........dang.....all your food (drool)......

you are doing great on your goal :)
  • katjustkat
    Sorry V :# I guess I'm trying to keep a record of what I can eat and for dinner ideas for the future. Kinda sick of cooking today....aimlessly walking around the grocery store looking for ideas...
    Today I had chicken Milanese, corn on the cob, green beans and ruh ohhhhhhh! A whole box of good n' plenty. Dang all that candy right at the check out! Wasn't that good but kept eating it like dropping quaters in a slot machine in Vegas :s Hope everyone is well and happppppppy. <3
    July 25: -.4...48.4 to go
    July 26: -.2...48.2 to go
    July 27: +.2...48.4 to go
    y6ar17ups8uc.jpg
  • Leah_62803
    Ha! I love those little good n plenty candies too. And Mike and Ike’s. And sour patch kids....Mmm.

I think your dinner pictures have inspired me. This is embarrassing but I seem to always revert back to convenience dinners and then we’ll have the same things over and over for awhile. I also always have a hard time planning dinners. But this week I planned all our dinners out and we’re having several new things AND I even planned our dinners already for next week (and again, several new things). So thank you!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Your food looks so gooooooooooooooooooood <3 I wish I didn't love cereal so much so I had more meals to "play with" but meh - the cereal satisfies so I end up eating that like half the time LMAO
  • jadepearl
    I love buying new clothes and I have learnt the same lesson as you.. not to buy the stretchable clothing😆😅 Your OMAD photos are just yummy yum yum 🤤 Stay strong👍
  • katjustkat
    Just checking in. I've been super busy. I'm still in this to win it. I'll start posting again towards the end of the week. Going to start walking everyday to get my strength back up....just haven't gotten in the groove.
    I've got more dinner pics but will post later next week.
    Let's keep it going...it's just time and that goes by soooooo fast!
  • katjustkat
    Hi All, hope everyone is doing great. I'm coming off of a 110 hour fast. Didn't intend to do one but son wanted to so I joined in. So weird, I was def less hungry than when I eat. I breezed through it and finished tonight for dinner. I'm going to give myself a 4 hour window so not sure that I'll be doing omad. I'll see how I do. I took off 10 pounds with the fast but expect to put 7 back on. I'll check back in if I end up doing OMAD...which is the BEST! hugs to all <3
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Wow that is super long.....but super awesome!!!!! Way to go!!!
  • Leah_62803
    Wow! Good job. I keep thinking about doing a longer fast but I’m just not sure about it. I really look forward to my meals. Lol.
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    110hr fast. Holy smokes. That's impressive!!
    Hope you're still doing ok!
  • katjustkat
    I'm back. The 4 hour window didn't work for me...just made me want to keep eating. OMAD makes me feel good mentally and physically. Back to keeping it simple. Made a 5 pound brisket yesterday for daughters birthday. Ha enough left overs for her to take and us to make sandwiches on ciabatta rolls & and an ear of corn on the cob for dindin. Gobbled half my sandwich before I took a pic :s
    The fast was really good and I thought I would keep good habits after the fast but...I did not! :( So....omad and eat what I want ( within reason) is where I want to be. I need to catch up on everyone's progress. I just got super busy and time flewwwwwww by like crazy. Good to be home <3
  • jadepearl
    Hugs to you <3 I can never do fasts as when I come off it, I eat as though I have not eaten in years..lol. That's why I stick to OMAD. However, whenever I am stressed out, I tend to graze and that's how I balloon up to 127 lbs (that's what I weighed this morning :( ) We can do this together..lets OMAD on <3
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Welcome back Kat!!! It seems like a lot of us are struggling but do what works best for you and stay strong, we got this :)
  • katjustkat
    Hi guys ;0) I'm actually trying to get control of my insulin resistance. I've been following the PE diet by Dr. Ted Naiman. Basically... high protein and lower carbs and fat. So for example...If I want to weigh 125 pounds I would eat 125 grams of protein and no more than 125 grams (total of both together) of fat & carbs. I've been eating much less than the 125 grams of total energy (fat/carbs) and my appetite is wayyyyy down. Gonna see how this goes and will let you know. So far it's a 100% non struggle and I'm not fighting cravings at all. We'll seeeeee. Everyone is different. Later on, once you get your weight down you can tweek your eating and maintain your weight. I'll let you know if it's a success as far as weightloss goes. So far I'm going down about 1/2 pound a day.
    I hope everyone is doing fantastically and we all achieve our goals ;0) P.S I looooooove omad...just saying.....trying to get my insulin under control.
  • jadepearl
    That's amazing news :+1: Keep up the good work and good luck with the insulin quest <3