NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @mswatson0777 I need to do alot of acceptance therapy. So how did you do with good choices? So in my 100 day book I'm reading, this stood out to me.

“Self-esteem is just the reputation that you have with yourself.” —Naval Ravikant When you repeatedly let yourself down, you sacrifice your self-esteem. Identify who you are and how you want to be. Then act that way. You aren't pledging a permanent change. You are choosing a response. This is your practice. The more you embrace it, the more quickly it will become a pattern. As it becomes a pattern, your own reputation will shift and improve. Your confidence will grow. from Chasing Cupcakes by Elizabeth Benton

@trooworld Keep working on your anxiety. Easy to say hard to do. I know. What good advice do you get from your WW meetings?

Red Day- 95/100 Intentional Movement Rest Day

July goals: Green dot day o:) Drink 5 glasses of water o:) Burn 165 cals via movement Preplan food o:)

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    Good morning everyone! I'm getting ready to go back to work on Monday. I will be working remotely most of the time but in the office for some of it. I'm also waiting for the bathroom work to start. I'm not being very patient on that. :(

@theslightedgeforever Yeah, my anxiety is definitely a work in progress. I get a lot of good advice from my WW meetings, a lot of it I've heard right here on this board! :) Nothing, in particular, comes to mind right now, it's too early in the morning lol.

COMMITTED.
    July goal: get at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep every night, drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited July 2020
    @theslightedgeforever, a great quote from your book! Identify who I want to be and then act that way. Such simplicity and yet so easy to muck up and make it harder than it needs to be. ;)

@mswatson0777, I got my hair done yesterday too! :grin I’m glad you had a nice relaxing weekend and that your man is being good to you. My husband is great at keeping me calm too. :)

@trooworld You are going to have a lot going on next week with the bathroom and getting back to work. Make sure to plan your food so you can keep yourself on track. :)

Good morning! I went and got my hair cut and colored yesterday. I had her chop a few inches off so now it’s in a cute short bob. She also put in a lot more blonde highlights in with the red than I normally get. I think it’s cute and DH says it’s sassy! :grin: Afterward, I went to Aldi, and by the time I got home I had such a headache. I think wearing the mask for all that time and breathing in hair dye fumes caused most of it. I broke my fast at 21 hours and had a Quest bar and a cup of coffee. Then I took mom to her kidney doctor's appointment and she bought us Chic-Fil-A for dinner. Weight is up a few tenths this morning so I need to reign it in today. I’m going to head out in a few to go to Walmart before it gets too hot. 90-degree weather with humidity does NOT make mask-wearing with glasses very pleasant. :/
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @TeresaW1020 I also got a cute sassy bob so we might be twins! And mask wearing with glasses is definitely a challenge! Sorry to hear about the headache, hair dye fumes are no joke!

@trooworld Are you excited to go back to work or are you going to miss the free time? A part of me has been envious of people who were temporarily furloughed, but then I remind myself I go crazy without structure!

@theslightedgeforever We must be on the same wavelength because I was just listening to a podcast on body image and self-esteem this morning! It's a good reminder that self esteem comes from the inside. I did pretty well with healthy habits. I did step on the scale prematurely and was only down .3lbs so I'm trying not to be too sad. It's my own fault for giving up right as I was getting in the good zone.

Happy Tuesday everyone! I've got a booked schedule at work today and I really, REALLY need to start diving into my qualifying exam work again. I'm making a daily checklist of goals for myself, but now I just need think of a really good non-food reward to stick with it, any ideas? I lost all motivation when I got home last night so I just watched TV and took the dogs for a walk. It's hard when work is crazy busy because I just want that time to decompress instead of working on a whole different kind of work! Today I may use my lunch break to dive in as a way to at least dedicate one hour a day to it. Slowly but surely, I'll get it done this month!
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld Well, at least your life is getting back to somewhat normal.

@teresaw1020 Yes such a simple thought. So now I'm practicing who I want to be. Someone that follows the carb cycling program in its original form, moves my body and stays hydrated.

@mswatson0777 So keep doing those healthy habits and the scale will eventually fall. I never judge my success by the scale. Too many factors go into it. I judge my success by my habits. Was I consistent with them? Could I have done better for the day? Non-food rewards.......magazine, Bath and Body lotion, 30 min of your favorite guilty pleasure, fun makeup.

I found a fun dance/exercise to Hamilton soundtrack. The amazing thing was that it was slow but my heartrate was higher than normal cardio videos because of whole body movement. Then I added another 10 min video to it. She does videos to Disney soundtracks. I did High School Musical. :p It's bad that I know all the songs. Because my dd watched it over and over.

August is almost here. What goals will you be working on?

Red Day Stayed OP 100/100 Intentional Movement: 31 min YouTube videos

July goals: Green Dot Day o:) Drink 5 glasses of water o:) Burn 165 cals via movement o:) Preplan food o:)
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 You and I are thinking alike: I made sure and planned things for next week when I go back to work that are easy to cook but still relatively healthy. I'm armed and dangerous! lol! I love bob haircuts. I had my hair cut in a bob for years and years until most recently when I am growing it out. Oh gosh, I can only imagine how much fun it is to wear a mask in 90F heat WITH humidity! :(

@mswatson0777 Well, after the first week (the first week I have to work 40 hours), I'll still have plenty of free time because they are only calling me back part-time (20 hrs a week). I am looking forward to going back, I've missed the structure of work but at the same time, not the stress. There is one task that I was asked to do that I hope I am not asked to do again. It was very stressful and kept me up at night. I also have missed my coworkers but since most of my time will still be working from home, I still won't see much of them. :( Rewards: how about 30 mins of reading time, 30 mins of a nice relaxing walk, a hot bath, a talk with your best friend, a home-done facial, etc those kinds of things?

@theslightedgeforever Yes, true. The Hamilton dance sounds fun. Can you share the video, please? :)

COMMITTED.
    July goal: get at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep every night, drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
  • mswatson0777
    @theslightedgeforever You're absolutely right. My habits have been good and it hasn't even been a week so I've just got to stick with it. Please share where you found the Hamilton soundtrack workout, that sounds like so much fun! And I like the idea of a magazine subscription as a reward. I LOVE magazines, so subscribing to a few would be an inexpensive monthly treat I can only read if I stay on track.

@trooworld 20 hours a week sounds like a good transition (sorry about the reduced paycheck though!) I hope the stressful project goes away.

Happy Wednesday all! I went home last night and actually did some work towards my qualifying exam, yay!!! It helped I went on out my deck and enjoyed the outdoors with a low cal drink while doing it. My goal is to keep up the momentum today and find more articles to read so that way I can start creating my outline this weekend. I also found a new book I actually want to read. I've been having a heck of a time finding a new book that actually keeps me engaged so I'm actually excited to read for fun.

My hunger levels have definitely been up since I dropped calories again (go figure). I'm hoping my body adapts to the lower amount soon cause it's driving me nuts (and to be clear, I'm not under eating, I'm at about 2,000 cals a day).
  • TeresaW1020
    @mswatson0777 I just washed my new hairdo and realized that I don’t need to use as much shampoo as I usually do. :D That is great that you found a book to read that you will like. One of my friends told me three of her favorite books, “Next Year in Havana,” “When we left Cuba,” and “Where the crawdads sing.” I keep meaning to get hubby’s library card so I can get them on audio.

@theslightedgeforever How fun to workout to musical soundtracks. My daughter loved musicals too and I have this not so fond memory of the month that she blasted Rent over and over and over again. :D

@trooworld I’m glad that you have your plan ready for when you go back to work. You will do amazing, I’m sure! <3

Good morning! Not much happening here today. Yesterday, I went grocery shopping and then spent most of the day deep cleaning the house, so I good for today, which is nice. I already got my workout in, so I guess I’ll hang out with my puzzle and listen to podcasts. My staff meeting tomorrow is going to be over Zoom since our children’s director hasn’t gotten her test results back yet for COVID. She is feeling fine which is good news. Her husband is a cop and he was able to get a rapid test done and he is negative. Hopefully, we will have church this week. The scale was done again this morning so I’m hopeful for my Friday weigh-in. I plan to fast until dinner tonight. :)
  • trooworld
    Hello everyone! I called the construction company on Tuesday as I was getting impatient, not hearing from them. They said that they had all the approvals and they needed to send the plumber out to us but their plumber was really busy this week and they would give us a call when he was available. I don't know if he's going to make it out this week. :/ I've had it with not having a shower! It's been over a month. I guess all I can do is be a little more patient.

@mswatson0777 Yeah it's a bit of a bummer but I can claim unemployment for the other 20 hours (that won't be my full salary though). That's great that you did some work towards your qualifying exam! WTG! I hate feeling hungry but sometimes you just have to feel it. Just make sure and drink lots of liquids to get through it.

@TeresaW1020 Thanks, I hope I'm ready! That's good that your children's director is feeling better. Hopefully, she doesn't have COVID. That's a good sign that her husband doesn't have it. It's great that the scale it down.

COMMITTED.
  • mswatson0777
    @TeresaW1020 Congrats on the loss, you are doing amazing! And thanks for sharing those book recommendations, I'll have to check them out!

@trooworld It's hard to be patient when it's been so long! Construction is always so frustrating!

Happy Thursday all! I actually did pretty well yesterday hitting my goals. I also printed out an August calendar page so I can track my daily goals. If I make it through the month I'm giving myself $50 of fun money that I can either spend or save up towards a bigger purchase that I wouldn't otherwise buy. I figure $50 is a big enough amount that it will keep me on track, but not so big that I can't budget it in (and it's basically a WW subscription, so it's my way of staying accountable). I'll keep you posted on how it goes!
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hi!!!! How is everyone doing ??? I’ve been busy-repainted all my kitchen cabinets white, and working 7 days a week and spending time with the furkids. I just put the kitchen back together Monday. I’m finally getting a chance to relax.
    Here’s some pictures:

n04gcnhen8pp.jpeg
    vd9cgpwo3st3.jpeg
    uwvgpvc4dzag.jpeg
    tpbvpxkscgij.jpeg
    cjqgsv4011vm.jpeg
    0z2d3toaqtas.jpeg
    6h8kw5kvd5fs.jpeg
    b8vo7lmxyd6o.jpeg
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld Here's the video link: https://youtu.be/OjkOCv1csyY She has a lot of other videos I looked at. I think I'm going to try her Queen one next. You would think they would have more than one plumber. People need jobs nowadays. You need your shower fixed.

@mswatson0777 Look at the link I shared with @trooworld Are you being satisfied mentally with your food? Fun money is a good idea. I like to do that with clothes or something around the house. I'll see something and say oh that's too much money but one day I'd like to have it and a fun fund would do it.

@teresaw1020 Yaaay on your scale being down. Mine was down just a bit but down is down these days for me. I read Where the Crawdad sings for bookclub last year. Maybe the year before. Time all runs together now. Now I'll have to go look up Rent.

@gemwolf110 Have you been finding time to exercise in your busy busy schedule. I love the upgrade. Have you been watching HGTV? The white cabinets remind me of that. It brightens up the whole room. We watch that everyday and now they seem to be in re-runs on some of the shows. I keep telling dh I want to redo my family room.

So I lost 0.4 lbs this week. Down is down.

Green Day Stayed OP 184/238 Intentional Movement: Rest Day

July goals: Green Dot Day o:) Drink 5 glasses of water o:) Burn 165 cals via movement o:) Preplan food o:)
  • trooworld
    @mswatson0777 Yes!!! And I start back to work on Monday. I want a shower so I can shower before work! Good luck with your August goals, you can do it!

@gemwolf110 Hello, nice to hear from you! <3 Your kitchen, wow, what a difference paint makes, it looks great! How are you?

@theslightedgeforever Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. I like that it's only 20 mins, that's a perfect length. Yeah, you would think they would have more than one plumber. :/ Congrats on the loss! :D

COMMITTED.
  • TeresaW1020
    @trooworld I know you are super impatient and hating the inconvenience of not having your bathroom up and running. I sure hope that they get out soon and get the work done. :/

@mswatson0777 Money is a great incentive to keep you on track! Do you have something you want to buy that will help spur you onward? :)

@gemwolf110 You are doing good work and your kitchen cabinets look beautiful! So much brighter. B)

@theslightedgeforever Yes down is down so yayyy for you! Time really does run together, doesn’t it? Yesterday at dinner mom and I were talking about what I should cook for Thanksgiving and wondering what Black Friday will look like this year with the virus. Cyber Monday will be bigger than ever is my guess. ;)

Good morning! My recorded weight loss for the week is 1.4 lbs and I’m down 3.5 lbs for the month. That makes me very happy! :grin: Now to make it happen again in August. I’m heading over to the church in just a bit to help my children’s director get our nursery ready for next week. We are really hopeful that the church and nursery will be back. She is feeling perfectly fine and hasn’t had a fever in over two weeks, so she is past the quarantine time. Afterward, we are going to lunch. Right now I need to go get my workout done for the day so I’ll talk to you all tomorrow! :)
  • trooworld
    edited July 2020
    @TeresaW1020 I am! The thing that really sucks is that I start work on Monday and won't have a shower and will have to wash in the sink. I will be clean but won't feel 100% clean. It sucks so bad!!! Congrats on the loss, woo hoo!!! I only lost 1.2 lbs in July but I'm not surprised considering my stress level in July.

Here's my menu for next week, in case anyone's interested. I made it kind of easy since I'm working. Click on the title of the recipe to get the recipe, I've linked the recipes:

Green Chile Shredded Beef Cabbage Bowl with Avocado Salsa (Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker)
    Heavenly Hummus Wrap
    Best Damn Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin + Maple Miso Roasted Carrots
    Crunchy Rainbow Thai Peanut Chicken Wraps
    Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Tacos

COMMITTED.
  • mswatson0777
    @trooworld Your menus are always so inspirational! I love that even an easy week for you is double the work I put in!

@TeresaW1020 Congrats on the loss! I'm making an amazon wish-list of all the things I want but would never spend money on normally (I'm an intensely frugal person). A new journal, a magazine subscription, yoga pant dress pants, etc. I figure when I'm low on motivation I can log in and go virtual shopping to add to my wish list to keep the motivation up!

@theslightedgeforever Thanks for sharing the video! I'm totally doing it this weekend! And I've been liking all the food I'm eating, I just want more of it lol. I love the idea of fun things around the house. We've been in our house almost three years and it's still not fully decorated so I've got a lot of ground to cover.

@gemwolf110 Wow, looks like you've been busy! I love that color in the bathroom, it really brightens the space up!

Happy Friday all! I am seriously SO excited it's almost the weekend. Tonight my partner and I are hitting up a Somali restaurant and I'm excited to try something new! I looked up the calories for goat and it seems to be a fairly lean meat, who knew?!

I woke up this morning feeling leaner so I think I'm finally moving in the right direction. I'm still going to hold out until Tuesday for my weigh in since I think it will be good motivation for me to stay on track this weekend. We are doing a few outdoor cook outs with friends this weekend (only one other couple at a time and socially distanced outdoors) but since it's at people's homes I figure it's easier to bring/choose healthier options.

• theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld I went in and made a playlist of all the ones I liked that she does. So even if one is only 10 min, another one will follow automatically and then I can stop when I'm done. That way I don't have to go searching if I feel like moving more. Enjoy the weekend before going back to work. Thanks for sharing the recipes.

@teresaw1020 You're doing great, keep it up. We only need to get through TODAY and let tomorrow worry about itself.

@mswatson0777 Virtual shopping is a great idea. Besides goat, what other dishes are Somalian. I assume some sort of rice? I like lamb. I wonder how similar they are in taste. Enjoy your time with friends. Yes, easier to have healthier options or focus on friends and not so much on the food.

Green Day- Stayed OP 216/238 Intentional movement: Nada

July goals: Green dot day o:) Drink 5 glasses of water :( Burn 165 cals via movement :( Preplan food o:)
  • trooworld
    Hello everyone! I am excited because I had a good weigh-in today (down -2.2 lbs). That's a good boost to start out August. Now, if I can keep it up. I'm not doing too much today, just picking up groceries. I feel like this is my life now, just picking up groceries on the weekends...that's what I have to look forward to lol. That's the social interaction. Maybe someday I'll be able to meet up with friends again.

@mswatson0777 Thanks! :) Enjoy the Somalian food, that is a cuisine I've never tried! Have fun at the cookouts.

@theslightedgeforever Oh that is a good idea, thanks for the tip. I would be enjoying the weekend more if I had a bathroom and could take a shower. :/ I'll stop whining one day soon, I promise.

COMMITTED.
    August goals: get at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep every night, drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
  • mswatson0777
    @theslightedgeforever Goat is a bit tougher and leaner than lamb but its pretty good! Somali dishes are often over rice and they have a pretty tasty flatbread. They were out of goat last night so I did a spicy chicken and peppers dish that was very tasty! Sorry you weren't able to get movement in yesterday, I hope you're able to dance it out today.

@trooworld Congrats on the loss. And I feel you on the grocery pick up, its definitely become a highlight of the week.

Somali food was delicious last night, and pretty healthy! There was a spiced spinach, carrot, and potato side I want to replicate. Today we're thinking of road tripping to a nearby town to get ice cream and walk around. I love the weekends!
  • TeresaW1020
    @trooworld Whaoooo on your awesome weight loss this week! Just stay focused and you will have an amazing month! Yeah not having a shower sucks. Hopefully soon, huh? Good looking menu for the week! :)

@mswatson0777 Great idea to use your Amazon wish list for motivation! I hope you have a great weekend with your friends! Trying new foods is so much fun. :)

@theslightedgeforever Yup one day at a time! That is actually going to be one of my August goals. ;)

Hi everyone! It is soooo hot here! Summers in the south are no joke. Last evening DH and I went to JC Penny, which is closing to look around. I bought two tops and two sweaters that I’m hoping to fit into by fall/winter. This morning mom and I went over to Kohls which is having a huge clearance sale and I got four more tops for fall/winter. I guess I better stick to my plan and get this weight off!! :grin: