Name a Disney Song You Can't Stand

KosmosKitten
KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
Was reminded in another thread that even though I generally find Disney songs to be catchy and fun to sing to (like musicals), there are a few songs I hate/can't stand. So.. what are Disney songs you don't like?

Example: I can't stand "It's a Small World" or "A Whole New World".

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    All of Them.

except for the entire Mary Poppins soundtrack, right...right!?
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    The "Let it go" song grates on me - don't know why, probably 'cause it's such an ear worm to me.

Actually just saw the movie a few months ago - and its well placed and makes sense in the movie. Maybe if I had of heard it in the movie first it wouldn't irritate me as much?
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    i only know that one song from little mermaid cause it taught me everything i know about relationships
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,854 Member
    Actually I cannot stand The Circle of Life. Most songs from Frozen.

I love Scar's song from the Lion King.
  • Was reminded in another thread that even though I generally find Disney songs to be catchy and fun to sing to (like musicals), there are a few songs I hate/can't stand. So.. what are Disney songs you don't like?

Example: I can't stand "It's a Small World" or "A Whole New World".

Well you know mine already, you're welcome 😂
  • KosmosKitten
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    The "Let it go" song grates on me - don't know why, probably 'cause it's such an ear worm to me.

Actually just saw the movie a few months ago - and its well placed and makes sense in the movie. Maybe if I had of heard it in the movie first it wouldn't irritate me as much?

Oh dang, this one slipped my mind as I try so hard to NEVER HEAR IT. But yes, Let It Go needs to well, go.

Be Prepared is actually my favorite Disney song. Also, probably my favorite villain next to Shere Khan.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    All of Them.

See, there is always a serial killer.....
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Vikka_V wrote: »

Oh dang, this one slipped my mind as I try so hard to NEVER HEAR IT. But yes, Let It Go needs to well, go.

Be Prepared is actually my favorite Disney song. Also, probably my favorite villain next to Shere Khan.

It's funny, they sort of make fun of let it go in frozen2.

I like the song, but Idena is a serious powerhouse and you have to be in the mood for her stuff, it's kind of strong for radio background music. That woman has some pipes though, she always brings alot of strength to all of her roles.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    I actually can't stand any of Olaf's songs
  • KosmosKitten
    I actually can't stand any of Olaf's songs

I can't stand Olaf as a character, so... :shrugs:
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    All of Them.

This ☝️
  • Small world is really the only one I can think of that I have to turn off.

I love the music from Hercules, but it's also my favorite Disney movie. It's carried by the supporting cast though, Hercules himself is kinda meh.

I also really like Hakuna Matata and the big pig song from Lion King.

Oh and Prince Ali from Aladin.

• KosmosKitten
    Small world is really the only one I can think of that I have to turn off.

I love the music from Hercules, but it's also my favorite Disney movie. It's carried by the supporting cast though, Hercules himself is kinda meh.

Hercules was a fun film. Definitely agree with your assessment, all the secondary characters are really what make the film.. particularly the interaction between the the Muses and Hades and Meg's conversations.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Small world is really the only one I can think of that I have to turn off.

All of these are on my playlist. Meg's got her kick *kitten* "won't say I'm in love song", man I love her.
  • Small world is really the only one I can think of that I have to turn off.

All of these are on my playlist. Meg's got her kick *kitten* "won't say I'm in love song", man I love her.

She's my favorite
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Because I'm old school....
    "Someday My Prince Will Come" from Snow White.

OR you can get up off your butt and make your own dreams come true, chicky-pie. Don't have to be waiting for no stupid prince to come save you from seven weird little men.
  • I'm in such a bad mood today....
    ALSO..."A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" from Cinderella.
    Why are these Disney princesses so WHINEY?
    Stop waiting to be rescued and bust yourself out of that situation, Cinderelly.
    Grow a pair.

Was a different world at the time. That female mindset was the social norm. Not saying it was right, but it was what it was.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    I'm in such a bad mood today....
    ALSO..."A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" from Cinderella.
    Why are these Disney princesses so WHINEY?
    Stop waiting to be rescued and bust yourself out of that situation, Cinderelly.
    Grow a pair.

Was a different world at the time. That female mindset was the social norm. Not saying it was right, but it was what it was.

Oh, I know. That's why I didn't even comment on all the horribly racist songs in the Disney archive.