What does a "cheat week" do to you?

Simbii95
Simbii95 Posts: 25 Member
Hey everyone! Ive been working and eating clean for like 2 months now. Been under the weather this past week so zero workouts and eating like a pig. Just wondering what sort of affect is this gonna have on whatever progress I have made. Plan to get back on track this coming Monday! Thanks a bunch!

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,036 Member
    Either you are really feeling under the weather, in which case eating at maintenance is warranted. But not 'going crazy' and, I presume, not even logging.

Or you were too restrictive during those 2 months and it caught up with you. In which case pigging out for a while week won't solve anything. Choosing a more sustainable way of losing weight will. You don't need to 'eat clean', whatever that means for you, you just need a reasonable (not excessive) calorie deficit and eating foods that satisfy and satiate you. Making sure to eat mostly healthy foods is good too of course, but cutting out foods you enjoy is not sustainable long-term.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    I know how you can find out.

Step on the scale.

When I have weeks like that (and I do, even now at 12 years in Maintenance) I just get back to the plan and it drops back off in a few days.

I mean, we know nothing about you so it's all a guess.

Step on the scale. :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    Lietchi wrote: »
    Either you are really feeling under the weather, in which case eating at maintenance is warranted. But not 'going crazy' and, I presume, not even logging.

Or you were too restrictive during those 2 months and it caught up with you. In which case pigging out for a while week won't solve anything. Choosing a more sustainable way of losing weight will. You don't need to 'eat clean', whatever that means for you, you just need a reasonable (not excessive) calorie deficit and eating foods that satisfy and satiate you. Making sure to eat mostly healthy foods is good too of course, but cutting out foods you enjoy is not sustainable long-term.

This is very true. I don't know why anyone would click disagree.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,344 Member
    We took a three week vacation to Eastern Europe last spring, staying in small family guest houses. Food was home cooked, fresh from the garden, homemade cheeses, wood stove baked breads, homemade vodkas. Not only was it all new and I wanted to sample everything, it would have hurt our hosts’ feelings if we didn’t eat. I came back five pounds heavier.

In December we spent nearly a month in Germany for a family wedding. Our air bnb host would leave plates of homemade cookies and Christmas candies out for us. Our room was next door to an irresistible bakery. We had several large and extraordinary meals, including a particularly memorable Swabian cuisine wedding dinner.
    I came back eight pounds heavier.

However, over the past twenty months, I’ve also lost a net over over 90 pounds. So I guess you could say I’ve really lost 110, lol.

Just because you take a week, or two, or three off, and throw all planning to the winds and literally eat ALL tha food, if you have the mentality, you can get right back to it, rather than using it as an excuse to stay off the wagon you fell out of.

It’s on you to make it what it’s gonna be.