2250 Calories - 35 Stone (490 pounds)

Hello there....hope you are all doing great πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž

Right, 35 stone I weigh and 6ft 2in tall. Am I starving myself ???? Personally I feel OK inside and I do sometimes have a couple of hundred calories left over by the end of the day. BUT am I doing any underlying damage. Basically am I starving myself and not really noticing. I've put down to lose 1 to 1 1/2 pound per week, yes It's slow coming off (got along way to go but keep at it lol). I feel OK, but sometimes the carvings kick in and I usually drink water or have a coffee. This seems to get rid of it. And then what pops in my head is "Am I starving myself on 2250 calories per day". So any advice would be grateful, and for anyone who has commented on all my posts previously. I do read them all....Many thanks, it helps....trust me πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘Œ

Replies

• whitevanman5
    whitevanman5 Posts: 11 Member
    Hello there....hope you are all doing great πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž

Right, 35 stone I weigh and 6ft 2in tall. Am I starving myself ???? Personally I feel OK inside and I do sometimes have a couple of hundred calories left over by the end of the day. BUT am I doing any underlying damage. Basically am I starving myself and not really noticing. I've put down to lose 1 to 1 1/2 pound per week, yes It's slow coming off (got along way to go but keep at it lol). I feel OK, but sometimes the carvings kick in and I usually drink water or have a coffee. This seems to get rid of it. And then what pops in my head is "Am I starving myself on 2250 calories per day". So any advice would be grateful, and for anyone who has commented on all my posts previously. I do read them all....Many thanks, it helps....trust me πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ‘Œ

CRAVINGS...LOL....NOT CARVINGS....WHOOPS...😜😜
  • FitterFifteen
    FitterFifteen Posts: 75 Member
    I’d say at your starting weight, the rate you’ve chosen is appropriate. Providing you’ve input your stats correctly and set your activity level appropriately and MyFitnessPal has suggested that calorie goal, then you’re good to go πŸ‘.

I wouldn’t lower anymore until you’re further into your journey and if you do exercise above your activity setting (eg going for extra walks etc) then make sure you eat back the calories (I normally do 75% as I feel the app overestimates, however you may need to play around with this as it is different from person to person).

Well done on taking the first step and all the best to you on your journey :smile: I’ve lost 5 stone so far (starting at 18st6lbs) and many others here have lost large amounts, so you have a chosen a good platform to aid you!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Sounds like you're doing pretty well. I wonder what MFP would give you for calories if you entered 2 # a week and upped your activity level? I believe it's something you can definitely play with and come up with something suitable for your needs. If it were me I'd get impatient losing a lb. a week. :( But that's just me because slow and steady is definitely the way to go. I don't think you're eating too few calories but if you're getting hungry on that amount, maybe change the foods you're choosing? There's a bulk eating topic somewhere on the forums that might be helpful to you.
    Are you going through a doctor(as was mentioned) and/or a nutritionist?
    Good luck with your journey and so glad you're here!!!