TEAM: Flab-U-Less (August)

AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Hi again everyone! Welcome to all of our newcomers. My name is Melinda and I am acting team captain right now along with Lorianncorrea. I have been active on mfp since mid-Jan of 2018 and this is my 23rd round on the Biggest Loser Challenge. I started at a whopping 315lbs. after quitting an active job, having surgery, starting my own business, and being on very high doses of steroids. I am now down to 260lbs. which is almost where I spent the majority of my adult life. My diary is open for anyone's viewing pleasure and I am willing to help out in any way that I am able. As far as personal life/hobbies: I am married to my high school sweetie for 20 years, no kids, 2 cats. I own a carpet, tile, grout cleaning business which keeps me pretty active and I am 911 command supervisor. My husband and I build arcade cabinets and program emulators (think old-school Pac-Man), we like Cons, and pretty much anything fantasy or sci-fi. GO TEAM FLAB-U-LESS!!
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Hello teammates!
    I'm a 5th grade ELA teacher in Washington State. Right now I’m trying really hard to get my stress eating under control. This month my goal is to get to out for a walk or on the treadmill at least 5 times a week and/or out on my bike 3 times a week. Hopefully these goals will help me drop some of the weight I’ve gained.

GO TEAM FLAB-U-LESS!🌞
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher
    Aug. Week 1
    Sunday
    Previous Weight: 233
    Current Weight: 233
  • lorianncorrea
    lorianncorrea Posts: 151 Member
    Hi everyone. My name is Lori. I have been using MFP off and on for a few years. Back in December I decided I needed to make some lifestyle changes. I was over 300lbs and feeling terrible. I have high blood pressure & pre-diebetes. I knew I needed to make some changes. So I started doing intermittent fasting and using MFP to track my eating. I have lost 60 lbs so far and my AC1 has gone from 6.1 to 5.7. And I feel great. I can't wait til next month when I have bloodwork again. Hoping my numbers are even lower. I recently started keto because I hit a plateau. I have been helping Melinda as co-captain when I can. If you'd like you can send me a friend request and my diary is open.

Welcome everyone & good luck!
  • lorianncorrea
    h75hb7e1rklx.jpg
  • mram3582
    Hi again everyone! So....Sunday,Aug.2nd., officially kicks off our August Challenge! This challenge runs from Aug. 2nd to Sat. Aug 29th. So the 1st weigh ins will be those people that chose Sunday as their weigh day. Sorry for the confusion, it keeps things equal.
    We are also going to be running (Optional) Mini-challenges again this month: Question of the Week and Daily Posts

First and foremost is that participation in these challenges is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. If you don't want to participate in these challenges, you don't have to, the choice is yours, but I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".

A side note as there has been a bit of confusion for new members in the past, this is not the same as the official results, which are weight based, this is just another tool to help you reach your weight loss goals.

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10 mile run, activity is activity, anything that gets you up and moving!).
    Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    Can continue beyond weight loss.

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It also has frequent resets (as in a circle each week).

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday/Date)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or your goals for the day)

The Question of the Week Challenge is a fun participation booster and we will be using it sometimes just as fun and sometimes it can help to foster new ideas for others as we all are different and have different experiences so sharing ideas can help someone else with motivation of freshening up their routine even!! Keep on the lookout for these questions.[/color]

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    Username:
    Week: November Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)
    Just type PW & CW if you'd like (or if it's easier, you could keep a note on your PC desktop to make it easier to copy and paste from week to week.)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for me to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

I'd like to help us be as successful as possible and if I can help in any way, please let me know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, I look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

I am committed to this group and to help where I can, and please let me know if I can help in any way!!

Your team Captain,
    Melinda@mram3582

Sorry this is so late! I'm just coming back from vacation B)
  • dheliason
    dheliason Posts: 316 Member
    dheliason
    August week 1
    Monday
    PW: 154.2
    CW: 156.8

Oh my!
  • daloverlyme
    daloverlyme Posts: 583 Member
    daloverlyme
    August week 1
    Sunday ( Had no internet, yesterday)
    PW: 206
    CW=204
  • lorianncorrea
    Lorianncorrea
    Week 1
    PW: 248.6
    CW: 246.3
  • lorianncorrea
    daloverlyme
    August week 1
    Sunday ( Had no internet, yesterday)
    PW: 206
    CW=204

Way to start the month!
  • mram3582
    @lorianncorrea @daloverlyme you both have a great start to the month!
  • mram3582
    mram3582
    Aug. week 1
    PW: 270.4
    CW: 274.2

I actually lost weight on my vacation and then came home and ate all the fresh seafood I bought. Very salty, very tasty! :#
  • mram3582
    @dheliason I'm right there with you this week.
  • notasafool
    notasafool Posts: 7 Member
    Hi everyone! A little about me- I've been around mfp for quite a long time (never post, just lurk ha) and have had lots of ups and downs with my weight. My sweet spot is a combo of low-ish carb (around 100g) and calorie counting. I'm 5'4" and almost 36. My high weight was 254 in 2014 and I've kept that off for the most part. I've been down to around 180 like 3 times in the past few years and end back up around 200. This last move plus other stuff/stresses got me up to 213. We are a military family and I homeschool, so I'm trying to learn how to manage the busyness of life and frequent moves while caring for myself and my health with long-term, realistic and achievable changes.

Notasafool
    Aug Week 1
    PW: 207
    CW: 206.6
  • daloverlyme
    daloverlyme Posts: 583 Member
    I miss doing the daily posts. I work long shifts, and can't do it at work so I miss out. Still keeping accountable :wink: .
  • WA_Teacher
    Sorry I forgot to post this last night.

Daily Post: Aug 3rd
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes- bike ride
  • procolorer
    procolorer Posts: 326 Member
    I want to apologize for missing my weigh in every one. There was just a lot going on emotionally and professionally this weekend. I was lucky I kept tracking my food!
  • WA_Teacher
    Daily Post: Aug. 4th
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes-bike ride & 2 mile walk
  • mram3582
    @WA_Teacher excellent day!!
    @procolorer not a problem at all! I hope that everything is going well for you!
    @daloverlyme We understand real life. Just stay focused on your health!
  • Sparkling_off_fat
    Week 1
    PW 286
    CW 288.6
    🤦🏽‍♀️. This why it’s important for me to track everything.