Wanted: accountability partners/support

LucyBzz
LucyBzz Posts: 47 Member
Ok, after a very difficult few months I am ready to start again, this time for good.
I’m in the uk & live on my own with most friends some distance away (it feels very far away at the moment as I haven’t seen any friends or family in real life since March due to Covid ...)
I need people who will check in with me regularly but am looking for support & encouragement not judgement. I can take criticism when it’s due but need this to be a positive journey not full of negative.
I really struggle with exercise (Nobody to do it with + Time - I am incredibly busy at work at the moment& that won’t be changing for at least 2 more months) but I am starting to walk again & hope to keep that up/increase it.

My goal is min 15lb lost by Christmas (ideally 20lb), 25lb minimum by mid February & 40lb minimum by end June. I would ultimately like to lose >50lb but am being realistic at 40lb!

Are you willing to help me?
I will offer you support in return.

Replies

• geetadubey
    geetadubey Posts: 2 Member
    Hi Lucy I can your accountability partner I have struggling with my weight for very long time I need to loose 40 pounds by the end of this year is my b st bet . We can check each other and make sure we are eating right and excercising . What do say let’s do it dear !!
    Walk is good ... I am doing it too 👍 Trying to do it for at least 30-45 mins I just stared today for wt loss journey looking forward for positive , uplifting buddy in ups and downs
  • LucyBzz
    Hi - great, lets do it!
    I think 40lbs by Christmas is very ambitious, do you think it might be better to go a little slower & maybe aim for 20-30 by then?
    What are your plans for this weekend?
  • Sawjer
    Sawjer Posts: 229 Member
    Hi Lucy, feel free to add me and I will help as best I can along the way! Your goals seem very realistic which is great! They are for sure achievable but its all about your health and how you are feeling! Let's do this :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,874 Member
    You are welcome to add me ....would love to cheer you on while you are on your journey :) Wishing you much success :)
  • Olgaukr83
    Olgaukr83 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi Lucy! You can add me to your support network. I have been using this app on and off for a while now. I have already lost almost 20 pounds, and would like to lose 15 to 20 more. I think your goal sounds realistic, but it depends on your current weight, body fat percentage, eating habits, lifestyle, and bunch of other things.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
    Give a team approach a try! There is a lot of power in working together with the same people week after week - encouraging each other, getting through the times when you would give up if they weren't there, becoming more and more committed and accountable. And having fun! We have lots of members from the UK and there is always room for more!

Have a look at the Fat2Fit group - it is a challenge and support group with six teams. Yes, there is competition to see who loses the most, but there are lots of other elements that help every team member who gets in there and makes it work. Take a look! If you want to give it a try, sign up for August, and hopefully you'll like it so much you'll stay.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

The sign-up thread is https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10804912/registration-for-new-members-august-2020#latest
  • LucyBzz
    Thanks @geetadubey, @Sawjer, @Megan_smartiepants1970 & @Olgaukr83 - your support is very much appreciated. I *think* I have added you as friends, though I’m not 100% sure what that means!
  • LucyBzz
    @jugar - the team idea sounds fun, but I think I worry that it will be too overwhelming at the moment ...
  • LucyBzz
    Weekend update:
    🔢 calories: good, under calories both days 🟢
    🍽 food choices: Not perfect but not dreadful - I need to go steady & also to eat up things I already have in the house! 🟠
    🥛 drinks: not good. Still too dependant on Diet Coke (am a bit of a camel & actually drink very little, but have been like this all my life!) 🔴
    🚶Exercise: very poor. Had hoped to get out for a walk Sunday but weather dreadful 🔴

• Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    You can add me for support. My total goal is to get to 150 but right now I will stick with 20 pounds by January. I have done this before with success but then I got lazy and quit logging my food. All my weight came back. So I am starting fresh today. And I need support as well.
  • LucyBzz
    @Nikki31104 - thanks - I’m here to support you too!
    I’m aiming for 15-20 by Christmas so we are on a similar target!
  • MsAdventure19
    MsAdventure19 Posts: 104 Member
    LucyBzz wrote: »
    Ok, after a very difficult few months I am ready to start again, this time for good.
    I’m in the uk & live on my own with most friends some distance away (it feels very far away at the moment as I haven’t seen any friends or family in real life since March due to Covid ...)
    I need people who will check in with me regularly but am looking for support & encouragement not judgement. I can take criticism when it’s due but need this to be a positive journey not full of negative.
    I really struggle with exercise (Nobody to do it with + Time - I am incredibly busy at work at the moment& that won’t be changing for at least 2 more months) but I am starting to walk again & hope to keep that up/increase it.

My goal is min 15lb lost by Christmas (ideally 20lb), 25lb minimum by mid February & 40lb minimum by end June. I would ultimately like to lose >50lb but am being realistic at 40lb!

Are you willing to help me?
    I will offer you support in return.

I help manage a group for women who are working slow and steady to get healthy and drop significant weight. Focus on setting mini goals, sharing strategies, and keeping each other motivated. Feel free to join us if it might be a good fit for you.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/136598-2020-one-derland
  • midlife_goals
    midlife_goals Posts: 54 Member
    Hiya, I am quite active on here most days so can check in with you regular, I like to encourage and praise and I’m UK also so atleast we will be in same time zone...💪💪
  • saltysparkle
    saltysparkle Posts: 145 Member
    I'm in, and walking is my main form of exercise atm! Feel free to add me to your list!
  • deeshiloh
    deeshiloh Posts: 24 Member
    I'm just getting back into logging myself, but I'm going to be trying to be more active in the community via forums/commenting on people's statuses/making blog posts, so feel free to add me!

I'm looking to lose 70-100lbs total (depending where I feel comfortable), with a smaller goal of 20-30pounds by the end of 2020, but more importantly I'm looking to focus on what food makes me feel my best and how to cope in other ways than by eating tons of food.