Extremeish weight fluctuation?

How much weight fluctuation is normal? Because I counted my calories, ate 1500 or less every day (with only ONE exception) when the internet says my BMR is 1600, and gained ONE AND A HALF F***ING POUNDS OVER FIVE DAYS? I also gained a HALF INCH (yes you read that right. a HALF INCH when measured in the morning with no food and after having used the bathroom) around my waist both at the bellybutton and smallest point.

This is literally the opposite of what I'm trying to do. My lowest weight was at 121 a few months ago and then it decided to go up to 122ish. Now I'm 123.6 (my scale doesn't do odd decimals for whatever reason). Or 122.8. Depending on the way I stood on it... but that's beside the point. Scales might be wack but waist measurements don't lie. It's freaking 27.5"/32" and I am literally abdominally obese.

I don't want this big waist measurement anymore and I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I admit I wasn't drinking enough water, but that shouldn't be too bad over 5 days... and gaining 1.5 pounds? (Maybe 2.5?) And while my period IS late for 8 days, I am completely sure that I am not pregnant since I'm still a virgin. While doing everything RIGHT??

I tried eating 1200 when at 121 and couldn't lose a SINGLE pound for a month. How do I lose these pounds?

5'5, 18 years old, Asian female.
35 (bust), 32 (under bust), 27.5 (waist at smallest), 32 (waist at bellybutton), 35 (hip).

Replies

• stargirlhorse
    stargirlhorse Posts: 45 Member
    Tomorrow is also my friend's birthday and they're expecting me to eat a slice of ~500 calorie ice cream cake. Her mom is also buying us all starbucks so I have to get a drink from there. AND I think we're going out to eat and I don't know what I'm gonna do tomorrow.
  • weight3049
    weight3049 Posts: 72 Member
    It's freaking 27.5"/32" and I am literally abdominally obese.

I don't want this big waist measurement anymore and I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

You are normal BMI.. if you want to lose weight around any part of your body you just need to exercise that area.

• stargirlhorse
    kimny72 wrote: »

At the bottom of the article the author suggests "Instead, focus on body measurements"
    I gained a half inch around my waist.
  • stargirlhorse
    hipari wrote: »
    weight3049 wrote: »
    It's freaking 27.5"/32" and I am literally abdominally obese.

I don't want this big waist measurement anymore and I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

You are normal BMI.. if you want to lose weight around any part of your body you just need to exercise that area.

I know spot reduction's a myth. If it wasn't, I'd have abs since I've been doing abs stuff for months.

You have abs. Maybe not visible to the naked eye, but you definitely do have them.

Apart from menstrual cycle issues, which definitely cause random bloats and swelling that affect both weight and measurements, you could have just eaten something unsuitable... (cut).

I don't have any food allergies/reactions, though?

@Mithridites and @springlering62 - I know there are some things that're absolutely unreasonable to ask of an everyday person. Some things just don't look real and celebrities get called on it ("[random number] of photoshop fails"). HOWEVER, it IS possible to have a thin body. It IS possible to have a small waist. I know several people, all of whom I have seen in real life, with small waists. I have seen these people both posing for pictures and standing normally in body revealing clothes, and they still have small waists. I have even seen them straight after eating with- you guessed it! small waists. So my expectations aren't actually unreasonable... maybe not a 24" waist, but I feel I could get down to 25".

On another note, why has eating at "maintenance" caused me to gain weight? Yes, I'm accurately logging everything. MFP maintenance is 1,660. Someone else said 2,000+. And a third set of numbers gave me 1596. So, naturally, to be safe, I set it at 1,500.

And here I am with my extra pounds consistently over a few months. (May, June, July, now August.) Whaaaaaaaaa
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Strength training and eating cleanish probably would help. I would focus on being healthy and happy and grateful you don't have a real weight problem. I have been down the unhealthy body image road you don't want to go on. You can't spot train only overall body fat matters. What does your diet and workouts look like?
  • stargirlhorse
    Can we flag this post because I feel like it’s heading into/currently floundering in ED waters

I am literally abdominally obese as defined by the world health organization. I make sure to eat at least 1,200 calories per day. And finally, I've never touched a laxative or made myself throw up. Therefore, I do not have an eating disorder.

-
    Maxxitt wrote: »
    1. A couple of pounds is not either "extreme" or "extremish."
    2. Measurements may fluctuate because of tape location differences, water weight, posture, food being processed through your digestive system
    3. You are 18 and your body has not yet settled into "adult female"
    4. Compassion for oneself is not an over-rated quality :)

I've made sure to measure my waist at the exact same point every time I do it. For the smallest point, I suck in as much as I can, find the point, and place the tape. For the other part, I do it in the middle of my bellybutton. Both times, I'm standing as straight as I can, and I make it "official" when I breathe out.

-
    120 lbs is on the lower end of ideal, depending on how tall you are. (cut)Seek out a trainer at the college that can help you with this, because you really need to strength train. It wont take a few days, or a few weeks. It might take a year or so, depending on where you are at. (cut)

I will definitely be joining the "go to the gym club." I have a friend who's a super slim and into fitness, so I might ask her for a workout plan even though she's going to a different school. Also, I'm 5'5.5.