WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2020

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Barbie: The “Imagine Your Story” shirt is great. :bigsmile:

Rita: Congrats on your loss. :devil: :bigsmile:

Pip: Wishing you & Kirby a safe journey! :heart:

Barbara D: Welcome!!! :flowerforyou: You have found a great group of supportive women. Stop by often to give and get support. When I began, I let MFP set my starting calories. As I lost weight, my allowed calories were reduced by the program. It worked a miracle for me, and that miracle took its own sweet time. The support from this group has been a keystone for me. I hope you will be as happy with your longterm results as I have been.

Katla in Beauftiful NW Oregon
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    Lisa:

I so remember ' The Perils of Pauline' at the Saturday Matinees as a child. The cliff-hangers meant we could barely wait to go back the next week to see how she was rescued. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,636 Member
    Ugh im tired.. we are under a tornado warning until 10 pm ..,i had to run a few errands this afternoon and got caught in downpours,talk about a drowned rat...
    Tommorow im going to figure out how to set the cable boxes up, gonna swap the boxes..
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    B)
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Beth near Buffalo Faye... decrepit old woman needing special treatment or sexy vibrant senior who can kick that poor mannered boy's a**... you can't have it both ways!:D

Well, you paint quite a contrast and leave me no choice but to chose the sexy vibrant senior status. That young man was about 6' 7" and I would guess about 220 with arms as big as my legs. Be that as it may, I can still administer a solid knee to crotch blow. I would once have said, "Your manners leave a bad reflection on your mama." In today's climate with never knowing who is Antifa or other anti-establishment gang-involved, I keep my mouth shut. I must apologize for being a whinner and expecting special treatment. I understand the young man used his hormones and not his brains. Besides, I take responsibility because I was not wearing my dentures and he no doubts missed my sexy vibrancy.

Faye
    PNW
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Carol I am sorry I do not know exactly which day your birthday is, but I know it's this month, maybe even this week, and it's your 72nd birthday! Happy Birthday, dear friend!

t3327.gif

Karen in Virginia

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    B)
  • Faetta
    Barbara South Or beach babe Wow, you are at the other end of the spectrum in finding a good fit sports bra. Anyone less or over a C cup with bust over 34" isn't going to find a good fit in the small, medium, and large selection, especially in my beloved racerback. I like fixed compression bras with no padding. The only ones that come with sizing have cups and underwires or something to determine cup size. They look like lingerie instead of sportswear. You might try CARVE I think they have some special for DD. I wear their old bralette style (now extinct) in large with adjustable straps and it is perfect for my 36 A. Dreading the day I must get new bras.
  • Faetta
    edited August 2020
    Yvonne in TX Yes, best to play it safe! The sad thing is around here all the business took it seriously and really did the extra including gyms, but places like Wal mart were really lax and now shut down for 2 days to clean the entire store after many store employees became sick. They affected all the small business that was just recovering after the first wave. I never went to gyms. I was always afraid of all the other diseases that gyms are famous for. I designed my workouts to be efficient without the use of any equipment. I have a compromised immune system, so even with vitamin and diet therapy, I am as careful as I can be. The shingles almost killed me so I don't mess around with viruses as so many can be deadly.

Faye of the PNW - feeling sore muscles body-wide head to toe side to side.
    Tonight I will pay dearly alas for my foolish superwoman act defeating tall grass.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    Plumb tuckered our busy doing very little most of the day.

Enjoy what’s left of your Sunday 💕💖💕

☘️ Terri
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,721 Member
    Beth near Buffalo Faye... decrepit old woman needing special treatment or sexy vibrant senior who can kick that poor mannered boy's a**... you can't have it both ways!:D

Well, you paint quite a contrast and leave me no choice but to chose the sexy vibrant senior status. That young man was about 6' 7" and I would guess about 220 with arms as big as my legs. Be that as it may, I can still administer a solid knee to crotch blow. I would once have said, "Your manners leave a bad reflection on your mama." In today's climate with never knowing who is Antifa or other anti-establishment gang-involved, I keep my mouth shut. I must apologize for being a whinner and expecting special treatment. I understand the young man used his hormones and not his brains. Besides, I take responsibility because I was not wearing my dentures and he no doubts missed my sexy vibrancy.

Faye
    PNW

Faye ... no doubt ... it was the no dentures thing .... 🤣 LOL!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    is that a She Shed?

it's AWESOME!!!

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    edited August 2020
    ydailey wrote: »
    Today is National Coloring Book Day!

Because I still love to color. "Coloring and coloring books have always been popular with children, but over the years, adults have gotten more and more involved with coloring. Obviously, adult coloring is now a huge trend. Many find that it is not only fun but also a great way to reduce stress. With so many colors and designs to choose from, coloring offers enjoyment in so many settings. They’re portable and come in a variety of sizes. Take coloring books on vacation with you for rainy days or to document a fun memory."

Debbie - The folks at the water garden store got me all fixed up with an algaecide that is safe for the fish (gambusia). First I needed to run a cheap fountain for awhile to make sure the water was full oxygenated. Now I can apply the algaecide to get rid of the algae that's there now, and once that's done I have a bottle of maintenance solution that is supposed to help keep down the organic matter or "muck" that the algae feeds on. It's a very tiny pond - contained within a big iron cauldron - so it shouldn't take much solution to keep it happy. And of course I also came home with a new water lily!

[
    I want another weekend day - I'm not ready for Monday yet!

-Yvonne in TX

Thank you for the information- I will pass it on to my parents- Their pond is bigger now and about 3 feet deep and they have a fountain in it. They have the little fish in there- the mosquito fish I think they said they were.

Debbie
    Napa Valley, CA
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    467980r81re9x9km.gif