Women 200lb+, Let's Be Extra Awesome This August!!!

Replies

• chupacabragumbo
    chupacabragumbo Posts: 31 Member
    I bought "Intuitive Eating" off Amazon.
    Someone on this group was talking about it, but of course now I can't remember who it was.
    I haven't had time to dig into it yet, but I have tomorrow and Tuesday off, so I'm hoping to get into it a little on those days. One of the things I struggle with the most is maintaining a healthy, "normal" relationship with food. I'm really proud of how far I've come so far in the last few months, and I really want to build something I can sustain for the rest of my life.
    So I'm hoping this book will have some insights for me into building and keeping healthy patterns.
    I want to eat delicious, flavorful, nutritious food- because otherwise I know I'll eventually give up on this whole thing. And I also want to be able to eat pizza, and cake, and french fries, etc! But not have to worry about backsliding into some terrible garbage eating habits every single day.

Anyway. I'm working 5 days this week, so I have a lot I'm going to try to cram into my two days off. That's ok though, I usually like being busy.

@BrownSugar174 your biking is super inspiring! I'd love to build up to that kind of mileage myself. So far I'm only doing about ~10 miles per ride.

@speyerj I know how stressful it is for teachers right now- I'll send good vibes your husband's way. At least they've decided to do 100% online for now. This virus is absolutely nothing to mess around with.

@wanderinglight boy, do I feel you on the doomscrolling. I'm definitely guilty of getting sucked into an endless loop of negativity and downward spirals. I especially need to quit doing this before I'm trying to go to sleep. I might steal this goal for myself, too :D and I'm super jealous of all the swimming holes! I'd really like to go tubing this summer- hopefully I can make it happen.
  • rhsdancer5
    rhsdancer5 Posts: 96 Member
    Hi everyone and happy August. I’m a girl of few words, but here’s what I’d like to do this month:
    ☀️Log everything every day and complete journal
    ☀️Focus on increasing water
    ☀️Give up Sprite!!!

I love sprite! When I really want one I buy the diet sprite for no calories. But I understand, it’s my favorite:) Good luck! 💪🏻

• rhsdancer5
    rhsdancer5 Posts: 96 Member
    I have done some research on intermittent fasting and I know people who do it. I want to try it out as I don’t eat that much in the mornings anyway! (The evening is a different story :tongue: ) From what I understand, an example would be eat from noon-8 pm, and the rest of the time would be fasting (drinking water, tea, black coffee) Is there anything else I am missing?
  • changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    @speyerj I have lots of friends who are teachers and are suffering from burn-out. Our government schools have been shut down again due to the unions as well as COVID surge. My son goes to a boy's school he is in grade 10, during lock-down they were online, and since beginning June different grades started returning, my son started mid-July, their school opted to split the grades in half and have a 10-day timetable of A & B groups coming to school on alternative days, which meant classes had at the most 15 boys. Now they are off until the end of August however grade 12s start today. The government is not allowing online teaching during August, there is a huge disparity between certain schools, and they are wanting to address this situation. Our country has such a long way to go with our education department. However, one thing is for sure our teachers have embraced this year with enthusiasm and courage and I'm so proud of our school, the staff have been AMAZING!
  • changeforeverlj
    @cosafe1 I'm also a walker, I've just been using my fitbit, Strava is big here. When I can't go on the road for a walk I use the Lesley Sansome utube walks, and really enjoy them.

• changeforeverlj
    @rhsdancer5 I started intermittent fasting on 16 March 2020, I eat between 12pm-8pm and only drink tea/coffee/water the rest of the time. The first few weeks were hard, but it works for me, I count calories and log my food daily, I try not snack, so only lunch and dinner.
  • changeforeverlj
    @KeriA Glad, you got out and socialized, pity about the drunk chap, sadly booze can really make us do things we wouldn't normally do!! Look at our country our government has had to ban the sale of alcohol AGAIN because of how people behave under the influence, its NUTS!!!
  • cosafe1
    cosafe1 Posts: 27 Member
    edited August 2020
    @cosafe1 I'm also a walker, I've just been using my fitbit, Strava is big here. When I can't go on the road for a walk I use the Lesley Sansome utube walks, and really enjoy them.
    @changeforeverlj Thanks for sharing that information: Lesley Sansome which I'll check out and the fitbit which I have never tried. I have to make this as fun as I can, and rewarding, in order to stick with it! Have a great day! :)

• cosafe1
    cosafe1 Posts: 27 Member
    edited August 2020
    oh well I don't know how to delete this comment :o
  • changeforeverlj
    @svm569 Welcome back!! We are also heading out of winter, Spring is 1st September although we have had a stunning weekend, no wind and hot days so our beaches were full of families and surfers.

• lovinlilly
    lovinlilly Posts: 10 Member
    Hi everyone!

I Just wanted to check in to see how everyone is doing. I love how active this board is, really happy to see everyone here <3

@pamiede Thank you for the birthday wish :)

• planktonbye
    planktonbye Posts: 58 Member
    I tried having half an English muffin with my egg and sausage tonight so that Boyfriend could have the other half, and it worked out! I didn't miss the second half, although I would have eaten it if I had it.

You might give Gimme Lean vegetarian sausage a try, too. It's my favorite kind of fake meat!

• motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    CW: 210.9 (7/27)
    August GW: 199 (I know that's ambitious, and I won't be too sad if I miss it. But too hard to resist reaching ONEderland when it's so close!)

8/3: 207.7 (-3.2)
    8/10:
    8/17:
    8/24:
    8/31:

Happy with today's loss! I think TOM bloating finally went away and took some weight with it lol. I made lunch for the week on Saturday so I should be good to go for at least two meals of the day - breakfast is a protein shake. I didn't get around to planning dinner and that's usually my pitfall. My son is 1 so I've been trying to work on cooking things that he can eat as well to save time, versus making him something separate.

Also I've been consciously trying not to have a late dinner so it's better if I can make something in the crockpot so it's ready by the time I get home. If I have to cook when I get home that usually means a late dinner. But try to keep my calories low for breakfast/lunch that I can still meet my calorie goal if I have to grab something quick that maybe isn't the best calorie option. Definitely a habit I need to break....that's a work in progress!
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    @speyerj - Glad you enjoyed your anniversary and wine!

@MuttiNM - after 15 months, you definitely could benefit from a diet break! Even if it hasn't mentally felt difficult, that is a long time for your body to be in a calorie deficit. Make sure to take at least 2 weeks for it. The good news is that even if you go totally off the rails, there is a pretty limited amount of damage you can do in that short of time, lol. But I do understand that fear of not being able to go back to a deficit when it is all over! It was suggested to me to slowly go back down to your usual deficit, so after the break, eat at a half deficit for a few days and work your way back. It eased the adjustment a lot (mentally and hunger-wise). Keep us updated on it!

@pamiede - LOVE the Hamilton workout video. Amazing.

@mszoueb - Congrats on the loss so far! Don't spend too much energy worrying about little scale fluctuations. It will go up and down regularly, just keep in mind that scale weight does not reflect just fat weight. Your weight can change due to water retention from hormones, increased exercise, or high-sodium meals, and also from your digestive contents (if you eat a 150 gram apple, that 150 grams is now chewed up and hanging out in your intestines). This is a super helpful, well-regarded article that explains it well and I found very reassuring https://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/
    As long as over time (about 4-6 weeks) your weight is trending down, you are on track. You might want to think about using a weight trending app like Happy Scale too - it can help to focus more on the trends than on the daily fluctuations. You're doing great! :smile: