The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    I am level 39. I will be level 40 soon, and everyone knows that's when you get the really cool spells
  • CMac06820
    CMac06820 Posts: 12 Member
    I fall into the 50ish category and would be happy to loose 50ish pounds. Seriously, I've used MFP previously but stepped back from it years ago but here I am again working out at my gym walking etc etc.... I'm seeing it's not the lack of exercise that kills me but what I choose to put in my body.... Looking forward to making some friends...
  • JDavid007
    JDavid007 Posts: 331 Member
    I am level 39. I will be level 40 soon, and everyone knows that's when you get the really cool spells

Lets power level to 80! lol
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    RandJ6280 wrote: »
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Another birthday!! My wife's, not mine. :)

Happy Birthday to your wife Tony 🥳 :)

Yes wish her happy happy belated B-day. I still have two months before I hit my next b-day.

39? 😀

Good morning middle-agers 🙂

Of course same as the last 19 years :D;)

I was 36 for a LONG LONG time. At my last birthday, I decided I probably could let myself be 42. So that's what it is for now. Garmin tells me my fitness age is actually less than that, so woo hoo. I guess I can just be my fitness age and be sub-40 instead of over 50. Nah. I'll just stick with 42.

I have a buddy that started counting backwards at 50.

mmmm I need to calculate my fitness age. Where can one find this out?

Counting backwards from 50... lol.. I Like this, in that case, I'm almost 8 years old.
  • RandJ6280
    Hi all, sorry I was out this weekend. Spent too much time working out in the yard and moving boxes... dang storerooms. My back decided to work overtime...... Acupuncture appointment went WELL yesterday and just decided to take it easy.
    This morning I did a 1.5 mile jog/walk, 15 mins stair-stepper, and then 15 mins on Elliptical.

How is everyone today?
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Morning/afternoon/evening

Started this in my 20s, life happened and now I'm back where it all started. Older and much heavier. Free for adds
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,239 Member
    yoo836hrdgh1.jpg
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Well I guess I'm not getting my "walk" in today which is ok two days in a row of 5 km is ok. It's pouring rain here again. At least the gardens wil be happy and they really needed it.

I've done a short various video now I'll do something for my upper body so I can rest my knee. Gotta get fit August continues
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,106 Member
    edited August 2020

Yes wish her happy happy belated B-day. I still have two months before I hit my next b-day.

39? 😀

I was 36 for a LONG LONG time. At my last birthday, I decided I probably could let myself be 42. So that's what it is for now. Garmin tells me my fitness age is actually less than that, so woo hoo. I guess I can just be my fitness age and be sub-40 instead of over 50. Nah. I'll just stick with 42.

mmmm I need to calculate my fitness age. Where can one find this out?

Counting backwards from 50... lol.. I Like this, in that case, I'm almost 8 years old.

The Garmin website calculates it for me based on its estimate of my VO2-Max. So get yourself a Garmin device and go run several times. Apparently my VO2Max improved again with my last run so I'm a year younger now.

Check your math. You're 43. Next year you'll be 42. I still plan to be 42, unless I just start reporting my fitness age :smile:
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

39? 😀

That's great your Garmin age is lower, well done. 🙂
    You can be any age you feel like, it's just a number anyway 😃
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Hi all, sorry I was out this weekend. Spent too much time working out in the yard and moving boxes... dang storerooms. My back decided to work overtime...... Acupuncture appointment went WELL yesterday and just decided to take it easy.
    This morning I did a 1.5 mile jog/walk, 15 mins stair-stepper, and then 15 mins on Elliptical.

How is everyone today?

Hope your back is still feeling ok. Gentle on it is probably a good idea.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    JDavid007 wrote: »

The higher levels are harder to reach.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    JDavid007 wrote: »

The higher levels are harder to reach.

A lot of things are harder to reach at level 80, Tony. HAHA!😁👍
  • yvonnemhansen
    yvonnemhansen Posts: 8 Member
    Hey all, I just turned 40 and have decided that I need to do something different. I've been overweight my entire adult life and I'm just done with it. I'm done having kids now and have finally recovered from weaning and post-partum so now it's time to focus on myself a little. I need to lose over 100 pounds so if there's anyone out there in a similar boat feel free to add me I could use the motivation :)
  • jenkspaf
    jenkspaf Posts: 48 Member
    Hey there, I'm 46 and back at it... My weight has gone up and down my whole, entire life. I get to a point where I'm at goal and I think, "Oh! I'm cured!" And then I stop tracking, start eating crap, skip workouts. You'd think I would know better by now. Anyway, here I am near 160 and I have finally come to accept that I will need to track what I eat my whole life. Because if I don't, I'll keep telling myself that eating, "just this one thing..." about 6 times a day is okay and then getting upset with myself when I am back to a place where I am uncomfortable with my body AGAIN. I also have a 14 year old daughter and would like to role model a decent, rational relationship with food. I also go back and forth between "everyone should love their body the way it is" and "I don't love my body the way it is." Sigh.... Anyway, I would love to make friends with you all and help support you on your journeys as well. Anyone else figure they are going to have to track for life? - Jen
  • joyneville253
    joyneville253 Posts: 59 Member
    Hi im almost 40, 5ft. , and mom, wife, grandma! In here to support and recieve support😘ive lost 137 lbs so far still working on it!
  • RandJ6280
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Why does no one wants to be their age? I don't mind being 47. I don't feel 47, I'm told I don't look 47. It's just a number really. I know lots of 89 year olds you'd never guess are 80. I say be proud of your age because we all get older.

Good point.. ok.. I AM 57, and I'm looking forward to being 58 next month! I want people to look at me and say that... you sure don't look 58.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Why does no one wants to be their age? I don't mind being 47. I don't feel 47, I'm told I don't look 47. It's just a number really. I know lots of 89 year olds you'd never guess are 80. I say be proud of your age because we all get older.

Good point.. ok.. I AM 57, and I'm looking forward to being 58 next month! I want people to look at me and say that... you sure don't look 58.

Ya surprise them. Be proud of your age you've put in those year experiencing life. Ya it comes with aches and pains but no reason at all to be ashamed of aging since it's something everything on the earth does. And heck if people say I don't believe it then more power to you but I do often wonder who decides what certain ages look like. Maybe I look 47 and those who look it when I supposedly don't just look older
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member

Love that attitude, Tony! I agree - the best compliment you can get - "You don't look that old". HAHA! :D