Which weight tracker app do you prefer?

creesama
creesama Posts: 125 Member
edited July 2020 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm looking to start tracking my weight daily and was wondering if people had a preference for a certain app and why? I'm wanting to look at patterns and trends and get a better idea of what my body is doing. I'm a 30 year old female and currently weigh 252lbs if any of that matters. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Replies

• hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Happy Scale, all the way. I hear Libra is similar for Android users, but as an iPhone user I donโ€™t have experience with that.

Happy Scale is great for the trend lines and long term predictions.
  • creesama
    creesama Posts: 125 Member
    Oh duh, I should have mentioned that I have an Android. Thanks for the response @hipari !
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    I use Libra for my tracking. I've never used another tracking app, so no other comparisons. I like that you can set goals, and change what you'd like to see on your graph.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,974 Member
    I've used Libra and have even charted my wt on Excel but I actually prefer just using MFP to keep track of my wt.
  • MrsPinterest34
    MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
    I track my weight on MFP, my excel spreadsheet and Garmin connect app since I have a Garmin fitness watch.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    In addition to what others have mentioned, there's also Trendweight (you need a free Fitbit account, but don't need a device) and Weightgrapher, plus probably others. I believe those are both web apps.

I use Libra, and find it's helpful. I use different settings at different times, mostly because of different loss rate goals or maintenance. (Ultra-slow loss takes longer to show up in the trend, for example.) And you will want to get around a month of daily weights into one, before giving them much mindshare, IMO.

One note: Any of these are just doing statistical projections, so they can still be misleading. It's a help, for sure, but needs to be put in context. They won't provide magical insight, or a crystal ball.

I remember reading one guy here who was mad because his weight trend app didn't tell him his "true weight". :lol:

Best wishes!
  • MercuryForce
    MercuryForce Posts: 104 Member
    edited August 2020
    I use Libra too. I tend to lose weight in spurts (I'll stay about the same weight for a few weeks, the drop 5 lbs in a week), so the forecasting isn't always super accurate for me, but it gives me a ballpark range.

It has been helpful to see those trends, so I don't get discouraged if I go a couple weeks with hardly any loss, because I can that tendency to stall then drop. Plus I have it set to show my actual weight against the trend line, a nice reminder that I will fluctuate around my actual weight and that's normal.

And it is a nice reminder to see that overall downward trend, a reminder that even if I'm not necessarily where I want to be now, I've made progress from where I started.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I used libra before my old phone broke. Now I just log here
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,538 Member
    trendweight
  • Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    I use libra after seeing it mentioned on here. I have no complaints - works well, does what I want (and slightly more) I like that it tells me my average calories under across certain time periods.