August 1st - August 15th: where have you been and where are you going?

MsAdventure19
MsAdventure19 Posts: 104 Member
Here we go! Add your goals for the first half of August here.

Replies

• MsAdventure19
    Alright - I am starting off August at 191.5 lbs and my goal is to get to 189 lbs by the 15th.

Some other mini goals for these two weeks are to get a new bicycle (I had to leave my old one behind when I relocated) and to go on 2-3 omg walks per week ( and I made a new friend who will walk with me!).
  • bdavis11758
    bdavis11758 Posts: 45 Member
    edited August 2020
    I am starting off August 1 at 186.6 lbs. and my goal is to get to 183 by the 15th.

Other goal is to walk 5 days a week for 30 minutes - 45 minutes per day.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,251 Member
    I almost made my last mini goal of 197. I'm 197.6 currently. My goal for this half is firstly not to see 200 (hopefully ever again) and to try and hit 195.
  • bdavis11758
    bdavis11758 Posts: 45 Member
    tmbg1: Congratulations! MsAdventure19, how are your walks going?
  • MsAdventure19
    tmbg1: Congratulations! MsAdventure19, how are your walks going?

My co-worker and I went got out Saturday and Sunday for about an hour and half each time. The weather was gorgeous!

Was able to look at a few bikes yesterday and got a lead on a used one for sale, so things are moving along a little bit on that front. B
  • MsAdventure19
    I am starting off August 1 at 186.6 lbs. and my goal is to get to 183 by the 15th.

How is it going so far - how have your walls been?

• MsAdventure19
    Since I’ve been having a harder time sticking to my goals and routines I’m going to keep posting here to hold myself accountable. Yesterday I was able to get in an hour workout before work (indoors with a video - not my favorite, but kind of what I’m stuck with right now) and I was able to stick to my calorie goal. This morning I just finished a 30 minute hike workout and am debating whether to do another one. Whether I do or not, I have already met my exercise goal for the day and it’s not even 7:30 am, so that’s a win! Trying to take it one day at a time!
  • tmbg1
    MsAdventure19 I had to do an indoor workout yesterday too due to the weather. Glad we are sticking with it!
  • MsAdventure19
    Checking back in - it’s Friday morning and I feel good about this week and like I am getting back to where my routines feel good and not like a punishment! I have done at least a 30 minute home workout (mostly high intensity low impact interval stuff) every morning and gotten out for some 1.5 hour early evening walks a few times (which is a challenge because it gets dark by 6pm, but I’m figuring out how to adjust my schedule).

I was disappointed to weigh myself this morning and have gained a pound this week, which seems crazy since I have really been on track, but I’m not going to let it stress me out - I know the scale is influenced by lots of things and if I keep on tack, my weight will shift eventually. But still. Ughh. Right?!
  • tmbg1
    Yes! I'm on a plateau right now and it's so frustrating! This is the slowest weight-loss I've ever had. It's hard as I get older.
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Hey everyone, sorry I've been down for 2 weeks after foot surgery. Just able to weigh in yesterday. I havent lost any, but didnt gain any either. My main goal is just to get back up and able to do regular walking for exercise.
  • tmbg1
    Didn't make my goal of 195. I'm down to 196.6 which is a slight loss but I need to step it up.
  • MsAdventure19
    stella7x7 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, sorry I've been down for 2 weeks after foot surgery. Just able to weigh in yesterday. I havent lost any, but didnt gain any either. My main goal is just to get back up and able to do regular walking for exercise.

Glad you’re back and healing. I know you must be anxious to get more active again! I am impressed you were able to maintain with all the stress of surgery - nice job!!
  • MsAdventure19
    tmbg1 wrote: »
    Didn't make my goal of 195. I'm down to 196.6 which is a slight loss but I need to step it up.

Nice job!!!

• MsAdventure19
    I had a rough two weeks, but in the end I managed to maintain. So no kiss, but at least no gain. I think I underestimated the stress of moving and transition. I also need to continue to work of my meal planning and food choices. Because I’ve moved to a more rural area in Zambia, I don’t have access to a lot of the foods I am used to. Some of those low calorie, high protein food options like edamame beans, seitan, veggie burgers, and the like are not food choices here and they were a big part of my diet before, but I have been working on some new meal ideas that do work with the foods that are available here. And I’m also getting a better handle on what shops are around and what is available, which is helping.