Serial Starters

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member
    zrxx2l8qh5gd.jpeg

Good morning Tracy~~
    I am happy for you that you are feeling better with getting back on your plan. You are highly motivated, so you will make these six weeks a positive thing for you. 👍🏻

Sara - keep up that walking! It's great that you are sleeping better 💖

Maureen, you are right about not hitting your head. I wouldn't have thought about that. Do be safe. 😯

Waving to Dawn and Lynn and Kathryn and Holly and Sara in UK and Runa and Saltine and Missy and everyone else who stops by later on~~

Lana
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 597 Member
    Good morning. A very cool upper 50s in Madison, WI this morning. Grey and damp, but so cool. Loving it.

I'm trying to get back on track with logging. I had a couple of meals that were not weight-loss friendly, but I'm not worried (yet). I expect to bounce back quickly. Retaining water from restaurant food. I don't think I ate over my budget one of those meals, but it is hard to tell with Indian food. It was even better the 2nd day, cold, by the way.

I'm waking with pain in my right hip, so I hope to see the massage therapist at my medical clinic this week. I've got an alarm set to remind me to take the Ibuprofen 3 times/day. Hoping to get this under control. I don't know if the pain is waking me or not--I'm waking a bit early but not hours early. I've waken tired the last two days, so time to back off to gentle walking for a couple of days.

Hoping all have a good day.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    Good morning,

Better weigh in than the last couple of weeks so that is a good sign. Keep on the path that is working!!!

Cooler temps here which may mean a scorching September but then who knows??

Got a large bag of yarn straightened out so my bedroom is looking less hurricane hit.

It is Monday - have my work hat on and a strong cup of tea waiting.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good morning!
    Had such a GREAT weekend. My daughter, sister in law and niece and I went to Munising MI and Pictured Rock National Lakeshore. Friday we kayaked for 5 hours along lakeshore, Saturday boat ride and canoeing and lots of hiking to waterfalls in between. Weather was PERFECT. Such great company. So needed it!
    Today back to work with masks, social distancing, etc. Reality stinks. We did wear masks indoors there, but to be outside and in fresh air and camping the entire weekend was so great!
    Anyway! Missy - so glad to hear from you. GREAT job on remodel!
    Sara - hope your appt results are all good. That damn Dr. scale :neutral:
    Maureen - yikes. hope you feel better soon. My massage therapist is not doing appts yet....my body misses her :)
    Waves to Dawn, Lana, Holly, Kathryn and all others.
    Tracy - your numbers are moving - congrats!
    Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana! Like your morning memes even if they are pink sprinkled doughnuts!!
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Tracy-I agree, you know what works for you and it shows...I think you’ll have no trouble sticking to your plan..even while working from home..

Maureen-hope you can get some relief..glad you “swimming “ ended up just that

Sara- good for you still walking and straightening your yarn..I really need to unclutter...just so overwhelming to me...

Lynn- that sounds like a wonderful weekend...glad you were able to get away and relax...August is starting out cool here, as well...rather nice...not expecting it to last...but, enjoying while I can..really makes me ready for Fall...

DD is in hospital, again. The nurse insisted he go, because of water blister on foot. DM said, he had a good weekend. Was actually up, doing things. But, nurse came Sunday and sent him to ER. Hoping this isn’t a set back for him. The last time he felt a little better, he went to Dr and was told he’s not better at all. That is when he stopped getting up. No, typically I wouldn’t think that would be a reason to stop. But, being told his heart is only working at 20% and, if he gets this bad again his heart will stop..maybe, that makes him think there’s no point in even trying..I just don’t know...can’t help but worry... I know, that’s just normal...
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Trying to post a pic of the neighbors 9 pups but phone is not wanting g to cooperate! Grrrrrrr..... 😠
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Kathryn keep trying it and thank you for trying. :)

Late night for me so need to scoot.

Wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    w2anj5ak5ys0.jpeg
    *** TUESDAY August 4th ***

Good morning everybody ☀️

Dawn - so sorry to hear about what is going on with DD. This must be very hard on your mother. Big, big hugs to you. You take care of yourself in all of this.
    How are your legs feeling? Drink your water, even if it is a little cooler in Missouri, OK?

Kathryn - we so hope that you can get a photo to post of the puppies. They must be just SO cute.

Sara - sorry about the donut. That's about as close as I get to donuts these days. My go-to sweet treats are the cheap store brand ice cream cones in the variety box. For some blessed reason I am able to eat only one per day. When something works, I stay with it.

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair*
    BBL

Lana

260.2 today
    262.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    edited August 2020
    Good morning, all!

I got a gift from my dad yesterday. He bought a laser etching machine and has been making address signs for everyone's houses in the family. It is beautiful!

I've done pretty well following the plan since last Thursday. Can definitely feel a difference in my legs, hips and hands. The fluid level is decreasing. Less pain is always a good thing.

Hugs to everyone struggling with their own health or the health of others. I read your struggles, but rarely have the words to express my wishes for your worlds to be better.

SW 225.2
    CW 217.2
    GW 195 by New Year
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Temps are coming down so sleeping is easier. Walking still and it does make it easier to sleep.

Made zucchini enchiladas and roasted my sweet potatoes so my meals are have frozen boxes and half not.

Lana that is also as close to a doughnut as I can get, I enjoy the variety you start you day posts with.

Will stop by later, clock is ticking down to start work, yuck.

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good morning!
    Sara - zucchini enchiladas. I may have to try that. My zuks are just starting in the garden.

someone at work handed out little cardboard squares that peeled apart and gave an inspirational message.
    Mine is:
    Life is like a mirror - smile at it and it smiles back at you. Thought is was a good one, although...not always true - so many things out of our control.
    Have a great Tuesday
    Lynn
  • LanaCabana537

Hi Tracy and Sara and Lynn~~

Tracy that is cool about the gift from your dad.

Sara - Yummmm on the zucchini enchiladas.....😋

Lynn - I like that saying about the mirror!

Time for a late dinner - soup!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Today became meatless - dinner is baked sweet potato with the toppings from a salad (cashews and sesame stick pieces) . Nice dip in temps until Saturday starting tomorrow which is welcome.

Lets see if the cooler temps motivate me to work on reorganizing plan?? Walking in an hour ish.

Lynn even if you smiled at the most negative person - you still stood up to their negativity.

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    Lana-the Charlie horse feeling seems to have stopped, for now. Still thinking it’s partly a shoe issue. I don’t feel like the arch support is still there...which, I really, really need...I may try to contact the company and see what they say. Just not sure what I did with receipt...been drinking my 64oz of water, most days... but, that’s typically done by noon...then, it’s bad decisions after that...blah..DD still in hospital..DM thinks he’s doin a little better...can only hope...
  • LanaCabana537
    edited August 2020
    tln0jr8rbdvy.jpeg
    *** WEDNESDAY August 5th ***

Good morning all~~

Dawn - find a shoemaker who can put arch supports in your shoes.
    Or take a look at this site https://www.superfeet.com/en-us/ These are probably the best supportive insoles you can get without going to a podiatrist for orthotics. I recommend the style called Green or Wide Green. They are used by workers who stand and walk most of their day. They may seem pricey at $50, but I have had a pair for roughly 5 years.

Sara - I'll cheer you on with your reorganizing plan 💪🏻 😉

Waves to all who stop by later on~~~

Lana

258.6 today
    262.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    Missy - that was one heck of a job you did with your kitchen and bathroom re-painting. It is no small thing to deal with all the masking and the hardware and the hinges, etc. etc.
    Did you remove the doors or do them in place?
    Everything looks very nice - I bet the white really brightens it all up. Well done!
    I'm sorry that you are working 7 days a week; take care of yourself!

Lana

Thank you! Yes I removed all the doors and then cleaned, sanded and put 3 coats of paint on them.
    Yeah I’m thinking of a mini staycation is needed. Have plenty of time off saved up.

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    brennerjlb wrote: »
    Good morning!
    Had such a GREAT weekend. My daughter, sister in law and niece and I went to Munising MI and Pictured Rock National Lakeshore. Friday we kayaked for 5 hours along lakeshore, Saturday boat ride and canoeing and lots of hiking to waterfalls in between. Weather was PERFECT. Such great company. So needed it!
    Today back to work with masks, social distancing, etc. Reality stinks. We did wear masks indoors there, but to be outside and in fresh air and camping the entire weekend was so great!
    Anyway! Missy - so glad to hear from you. GREAT job on remodel!
    Sara - hope your appt results are all good. That damn Dr. scale :neutral:
    Maureen - yikes. hope you feel better soon. My massage therapist is not doing appts yet....my body misses her :)
    Waves to Dawn, Lana, Holly, Kathryn and all others.
    Tracy - your numbers are moving - congrats!
    Lynn

Thank you!

Sounds like you had a fun and active weekend!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Wednesday already?? This week is a blur, so I will gladly know it is half over.

Dawn I bought Good Feet inserts they were $$ but I have had them for 10 years. Check out Lana's suggestion to see if that is a possibility.

Got a "gift" from my company, mostly dont want/cant use or the one thing I wanted to use broke before I could. Not terribly surprised as I had that with my last company as well. What a waste of company money.

Clouds this morning and cooler air is much appreciated.

• arniedog74
    tln0jr8rbdvy.jpeg
    *** WEDNESDAY August 5th ***

Good morning all~~

Dawn - find a shoemaker who can put arch supports in your shoes.
    Or take a look at this site https://www.superfeet.com/en-us/ These are probably the best supportive insoles you can get without going to a podiatrist for orthotics. I recommend the style called Green or Wide Green. They are used by workers who stand and walk most of their day. They may seem pricey at $50, but I have had a pair for roughly 5 years.

Sara - I'll cheer you on with your reorganizing plan 💪🏻 😉

Waves to all who stop by later on~~~

Lana

258.6 today
    262.8 highest
    179.0 goal

Thank you...I will look into those...Way to Go on WI!