Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Hubby is struggling with vertigo lately. He can't catch a break it seems. We are praying he heals, and would appreciate any other prayers. Looking forward to our "vacation" week (staying at home) in three more weeks, then his body can get some rest.

Sending all my good thoughts for your husband's relief from vertigo. After I had major surgery, I ended up with a "touch" of vertigo. It typically happens when I tip my head back -- changing ceiling light bulb, washing my hair in the shower, etc. So, I've had to learn to be really careful to do those tasks. Mine is usually momentary based on the situation. I did find a video for doing exercises when I was checking into it ... maybe it's something that can help your hubby. See Link Below --

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UjPOv-EH3U0
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    cesse47 wrote: »
    Hubby is struggling with vertigo lately. He can't catch a break it seems. We are praying he heals, and would appreciate any other prayers. Looking forward to our "vacation" week (staying at home) in three more weeks, then his body can get some rest.

Sending all my good thoughts for your husband's relief from vertigo. After I had major surgery, I ended up with a "touch" of vertigo. It typically happens when I tip my head back -- changing ceiling light bulb, washing my hair in the shower, etc. So, I've had to learn to be really careful to do those tasks. Mine is usually momentary based on the situation. I did find a video for doing exercises when I was checking into it ... maybe it's something that can help your hubby. See Link Below --

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UjPOv-EH3U0

Thank you so much! I think hubby has a touch as well, usually when he first gets up, or looks up, or bends over. He is learning to be careful with those tasks, but since his work requires those movements, he isn't having much luck. I sent the link to him, and praying it will help.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    1dbe4tr2lwy4.jpg
    💜💜💜
    I choose to feed my body the nutrition it needs
    and feed my mind with the quality thoughts it deserves

💜💜💜

To all those essential workers still going out there....
    🙏🏻 Thank you for your service 🙏🏻
    Everyone else, please stay home!!!

What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
      Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
      01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri

SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 150

Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Jun: +0.2
      Phew!!! Weight has dropped below 150 again.

August Daily Goals: Week 1
      Sat: ✅ Sun: ✅ Mon: ✅ Tue:
      Wed: Thu: Fri:
      Weight < 150: ✅
      1 Aug 2019: 170.1
      1 Aug 2020: 149.9

Reduce Fat%:✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.2; 25.1
      Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1 30.3
      Calories < in the green 🦄
      Steps > 7500 🏃🏽‍♀️ 8200+
      Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily🦄 77
      Active hours > 6 daily🦄 12
      Activities I got to do
      Meditation🧎‍♀️Exercise🚶‍♀️🏃🏽‍♀️🧘‍♀️
      Laundry🧺 vacuum upstairs✅
      Catalogue poetry✅(Ongoing)
      Declutter Hobbies room✅ (Ongoing)
      Crochet 🧶 Puzzles ✅ Watch TV🖥

Active rest day

H ~ Am I Hungry?
      A ~ Am I Angry?
      L ~ Am I Lonely?
      T ~ Am I Tired?
    • mytime6630
      mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
      edited August 2020
      SO JFT, Mon
      1. log all food :)
      2. go for a walk... I've been walking now 6+ miles a day, so proud that at least I am doing that! :)
      3. plan menus :/
      4. help hubby with business :)
      5. do laundry. :)
      6. positive thoughts .. think have, and could be much worse. :)

Daughter came out tonite.. in fact, she is still here. Sitting outside, playing on the ipad. I had ordered her some stuff from walmart, and as walmart does things.. it is divided into about 8 deliveries. Which I guess is good.. because she'll get a surprise for several days. Today she got a glade candle I ordered .. tomorrow, she'll get fruit chewies. Its all I can do .. show her we love her.

My weight this morning was at 184 .. my highest goal is at 178.. which puts me in the normal range for my height. So need to at least get back to that!

GOals for tomorrow will be simple again,
      1. log all food
      2. go for long walk in the morning .. 6 miles. It helps when I can get up at 8 for my walk .. I am home by 10, take my shower, and make brunch for hubby and I. Hubby gets up at 8, but he has to answer emails while I walk. So if I don't walk, I'm just waiting until he is ready for breakfast, so this works for us.
      3. concentrate on water

• Bex953172
      Bex953172 Posts: 4,047 Member
      mytime6630 wrote: »
      SO JFT, Mon
      1. log all food :)
      2. go for a walk... I've been walking now 6+ miles a day, so proud that at least I am doing that! :)
      3. plan menus :/
      4. help hubby with business :)
      5. do laundry. :)
      6. positive thoughts .. think have, and could be much worse. :)

Daughter came out tonite.. in fact, she is still here. Sitting outside, playing on the ipad. I had ordered her some stuff from walmart, and as walmart does things.. it is divided into about 8 deliveries. Which I guess is good.. because she'll get a surprise for several days. Today she got a glade candle I ordered .. tomorrow, she'll get fruit chewies. Its all I can do .. show her we love her.

My weight this morning was at 184 .. my highest goal is at 178.. which puts me in the normal range for my height. So need to at least get back to that!

GOals for tomorrow will be simple again,
      1. log all food
      2. go for long walk in the morning .. 6 miles. It helps when I can get up at 8 for my walk .. I am home by 10, take my shower, and make brunch for hubby and I. Hubby gets up at 8, but he has to answer emails while I walk. So if I don't walk, I'm just waiting until he is ready for breakfast, so this works for us.
      3. concentrate on water

Its good to see you back! You checked your mfp messages yet lol!!!

Come joan only 6lbs to get to 178!!
      Basically a discard 5lb challenge and you're there!!
    • Bex953172
      Bex953172 Posts: 4,047 Member
      I've got a busy day today couple of places to go, lots of phonecalls to make and my house is full of moths!!
      Well, just 3 big ones. One in the toilet right behind you. So i have to come to the toilet with the kids because otherwise they won't go to make sure it doesn't "get them".

Then one in Saskias room so she just won't go in there and has been sat outside our bedroom from whatever time she woke until she woke me. Which probably wasn't wrong.

I thought that wasn't so bad but I just went into the bathroom and one flew at me!! Great, so thats shower out the question. I was meant to be showering all the girls and myself so we were all ready before Ash got up, cause he takes like 5 minutes. But er.. girks have been rescheduled for s bath. And he's gonna get moaned at by me when I wake up because I cant shower.

I've come to the conclusion its his fault cause he left the open window and light on haha.

Probably wondering why I won't just get rid of them myself.
      I'm just as big of a wimp as the kids lmao!!
      If I miss..im done for in my mind haha
    • SERmom3
      SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
      MONDAY:
      - Log everything 🟢/ stay green🟢
      - laundry🟢
      - Library appointment🟢
      - Clean up outside🟢
      - Maybe mow if the lawn dries🔴
      - Softball🟢

JFT TUESDAY:
      - log it all / stay green
      - Fold & put away laundry - wash uniforms
      - Mow???
      - Softball tonight (but might get rained out)
      - Home Depot run to get final paint supplies

I need to paint the house. I’m basically done with the prep work, but waiting for a couple dry days in a row. I hate how messy the house looks right now can’t wait to finish!
    • teigansdad
      teigansdad Posts: 393 Member
      Monday goals
      Stay green✅
      No beer✅
      No m&ms✅
      No Icecream✅
      Fruit and vegetables for snacks❌✅
      If trails open do one hard lap then meet up w friends to ride, if not race level sufferfest✅
      Drop off cable stuff✅

Ugh the weather....Tuesday goals
      Stay green
      No candy
      Tempo ride...about 1.5 (1hr tempo, 1/2 hr recovery pace)
      No beer
      Tune race bike
    • littleblackskirt
      littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member

JFT Monday 3rd August

Log everything yes
      Stay in the green yes
      Back exercises no, don't know why I keep listing this! One day...
      Foot exercises yes
      5 fruit and veg 5
      Laundry/ironing yes
      Mow lawn yes, between showers

JFT Tuesday 4th August

Log everything
      Stay in the green
      Back exercises
      Foot exercises
      5 fruit and veg
      Ironing
      Walk if it dries up
      Be kind to myself, be grateful
    • cschmitz110515
      cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
      Recap M 8/3 - working in office day
      1) Walk dog before work :) 3.68 miles happy dog & happy me
      2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors) / 5 somethings :smiley: 14/14 boom!
      3) Supper is salmon, corn on cob & leftover green beans / net cals green / 14c water >:) evening snack attack of brown rice/chickpea crackers & net cals -219 but happy w/ 15c water :smiley:
      4) NHC to-do list / GA-IT progress / Facebook Live noon :) x3
      5) Prep lunch/snacks/water bottle & overnight oats / one chore :) x2
      6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / eye drops / set 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) :smiley: for all

JFT T 8/4 - working in office day
      1) Walk dog before work B) 3.79 miles on gorgeous, cool, sunny, dry morning = happy dog & happy me
      2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors) / 5 somethings
      3) Supper is leftovers / net cals green / 14c water
      4) GA-IT progress / catch up some work emails
      5) Prep lunch/snacks/water bottle & overnight oats / one chore
      6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / eye drops / set 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

2020 Goals:
      1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
      2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
      3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
      4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20) / 5.1.20 (forgot 4.30.20) / 6.3.20 (forgot at ME again)
      5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
      6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race w/ dog on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5/2/20 I walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33 / RonaRunOff 5/16/20 virtual walk 5.08 miles with dog in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23 / 100 Miles Challenge fundraiser (per fitness tracker) & completed 5/18/20 / Bellin Run 10K virtual race w/ dog on 6/6/20 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14 dog definitely slows my "race pace"
      7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
      8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
      9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May ~ very pleased w/ my progress / reorg in basement June & July
      Word for 2020: Persist
    • Snowflake1968
      Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
      JFT - Monday August 3
      1L of Water - :)
      Log all Food - :)
      No Chips - >:)
      Gratitude journal - >:)

JFT - Tuesday August 4
      1L of Water
      Log all Food
      No Chips
      Gratitude journal

@mytime6630 - 6 lbs is not much at all! I am only 5 lbs from where I started two years ago, at a weight I swore I would never see again. I am struggling so hard to get into a routine and to start doing anything about it. I can give every excuse there is, but truthfully that's all they are is excuses.

@Bex953172 - I don't like moths either, so I don't blame you for making Ash deal with them.

Back to work today after the nice long weekend. I am not feeling it!

• pridesabtch
      pridesabtch Posts: 2,261 Member
      JFT
      - work by 8:00 :( 8:20
      - Protein bar for breakfast :smiley:
      - Make vet appointments for animals :smiley:
      - Make grooming appointment Boomer :smiley:
      - Work on schedules and documents at work between meetings, yawn! :smiley:
      - Late lunch, early dinner before the ride. :( Laid down for a few instead
      - Ride and stay upright! :wink: Mostly, though I fell down once LOL
      - Log everything :smiley:
      - Stay green :smiley:
      - No sweets :(
      - No alcohol :smiley:

Yesterday's ride went well, but I still don't care for riding at night, I'm just too clumsy and awkward for that. Today is a road ride, we'll see how that goes. Other than that I just have lots of work stuff to look at.

JFT Tuesday (HOW CAN IT ONLY BE TUESDAY!!!)
      - Work by 8:00 :( totally overslept, but it felt soooo good.
      - Protein bar for breakfast :( its already lunch time and I haven't eaten
      - Work stuff
      - Bike ride
      - Log everything
      - Stay Green
      - No sweets
      - Limit 2 beers post ride

That's pretty much it... Have a stellar day y'all!
    • TerriRichardson112
      1dbe4tr2lwy4.jpg
      💜💜💜
      I choose to feed my body the nutrition it needs
      and feed my mind with the quality thoughts it deserves

💜💜💜

To all those essential workers still going out there....
      🙏🏻 Thank you for your service 🙏🏻
      Everyone else, please stay home!!!

What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
        [*] structuring my day
        [*] morning and evening meditation
        [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
        [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
        [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
        [*] yoga/Taichi
        [*] Walks with DH
        [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
        [*] Decluttering
        [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
        Keep your chin up!
        Turning up is the ultimate success!
        2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
        01 Aug 2019: 170.1
        31 Dec 2019: 151.2
        Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
        2020 Personal Weight Challenge
        Name: Terri

SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
        GW: 150

Jan: - 2
        Feb: - 1.3
        Mar: - 0.9
        Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
        May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
        Jun: +0.2
        Phew!!! Weight has dropped below 150 again.

August Daily Goals: Week 1
        Sat: ✅ Sun: ✅ Mon: ✅ Tue: ✅
        Wed: Thu: Fri:
        Weight < 150: ✅
        1 Aug 2019: 170.1
        1 Aug 2020: 149.9

Reduce Fat%:✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.2; 25.1
        Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1 30.3
        Calories < in the green 🦄
        Steps > 7500 🏃🏽‍♀️ 10000+
        Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily🦄 82
        Active hours > 6 daily🦄 12
        Activities I got to do
        Meditation🧎‍♀️Exercise🚶‍♀️🏃🏽‍♀️🧘‍♀️
        Laundry🧺
        declutter paperwork✅
        Writing Journal✅
        Catalogue poetry✅(Ongoing)
        Declutter Hobbies room✅ (Ongoing)
        Crochet 🧶 Puzzles ✅ Watch TV🖥

Another very wet day so mostly indoors

• TerriRichardson112
        @mytime6630
        Joan, good to see you back. You’re doing well so don’t beat yourself up too much on those six lbs. I can empathise. Those last few lbs are so stubborn to shift.

• HEGoddard0928
        HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
        I live on the East Coast about 5 miles from the ocean. We had a tropical storm come through last night/this morning and this happened. jvxv2yf7yhm9.jpeg
        There was about 2 feet of that branch impaled through my roof. Thankfully it didn't go through my ceiling. Just a steady drip. Daddy was amazing and climbed up on the roof in the rain and hacked the thing up with a hand saw and put a tarp over it. I woke up this morning to him securing on another tarp because we were supposed to get more rain. He's going to actually fix it over the weekend.
        c7ifn0s8l08d.jpg
        v5jlbzep97n8.jpg
        That's Matt in the photo. Lol.
        g8gu69m2etz3.jpg
        aiubkzqlaatb.jpg

That's the rest of the branches that came down. Thankfully there was no more damage. I was standing next to the house when that branch in the corner fell through. Scared the *kitten* out of me so I ran back inside.
      • mytime6630
        1. log all food :) -- 1st time in a long time that I took the time to track everything I ate!
        2. go for long walk in the morning .. 6 miles. It helps when I can get up at 8 for my walk .. I am home by 10, take my shower, and make brunch for hubby and I. Hubby gets up at 8, but he has to answer emails while I walk. So if I don't walk, I'm just waiting until he is ready for breakfast, so this works for us. :s Headed out for a walk, but ended up only walking about 1.5 miles .. I was just so tired. I think from not sleeping much the past few nites.

So after breakfast, hubby wanted a nap, so I took one also. It really helped. Got the garage cleaned out ... tons of boxes broken down for recycling, and mowed the entire yard .. which takes me 2 hrs. So... a good day. Weather was absolutely beautiful out!

3. concentrate on water :) Even though I am drinking crystal lite ... I am counting it as water.

Our daughter came out today .. in much better spirits. I ordered some things from Walmart for her ... a book, a candle, some snacks, etc. So I feel so much better. I have to remember. . there will be good days, and bad days. When the bad days happen, as with all of us, I have to remember that the bad days will pass, and hopefully the next day will be better.

Goals for tomorrow
        1. log all food
        2. concentrate on water
        3. help hubby with shipping
        4. try and get 6 mile walk in before breakfast
        5. get back on here .. be accountable

• mytime6630
        JFT - Monday August 3
        1L of Water - :)
        Log all Food - :)
        No Chips - >:)
        Gratitude journal - >:)

JFT - Tuesday August 4
        1L of Water
        Log all Food
        No Chips
        Gratitude journal

@mytime6630 - 6 lbs is not much at all! I am only 5 lbs from where I started two years ago, at a weight I swore I would never see again. I am struggling so hard to get into a routine and to start doing anything about it. I can give every excuse there is, but truthfully that's all they are is excuses.

@Bex953172 - I don't like moths either, so I don't blame you for making Ash deal with them.

Back to work today after the nice long weekend. I am not feeling it!

• mytime6630
        edited August 2020
        @Snowflake1968 --- I know that the 6 lbs is not much ... but I also know how easy the weight can come back on. I am hoping I can reel this in and get back on track before I end up gaining it all back. It is so hard ... isn't it. But you are doing great yourself! So proud of you.

@HEGoddard0928 -- wow -- that is a lot of damage! I am so sorry for all those in the path, especially with the virus going on as well. You stay safe. Hugs.

@pridesabtch - are you riding a regular bike, or your peleton? Hubby fixed my bike... I keep meaning to get out and ride it. I took it out twice, and each time enjoyed it so much. I don't know why its so hard to just get on it and ride.. somehow I always just walk instead.

@Bex953172 - oh bex, a house full of moths! I would freak out also! I hate spiders, or anything like that in the house. Hubby usually kills them for me .. I guess I am a big wimp also! You know how he kills them... he sprays hair spray on them. He says it makes their wings stick together and they can't fly. So if you have a can of hairspray around ... maybe try that. I hope Ash gets all of them though!
        And oh yes... I did see my messages. Somehow when I log in, I just go to the discussion, and I was not seeing them.!

@TerriRichardson112 -- I LOVE this that you put at the end of your posts:

Active rest day

H ~ Am I Hungry?
        A ~ Am I Angry?
        L ~ Am I Lonely?
        T ~ Am I Tired?

Something I'm going to print and look at often!

Love being back with you guys.. and going to try better at keeping up on here!
      • littleblackskirt
        littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member

JFT Tuesday 4th August

Log everything yes
        Stay in the green no, 100 over
        Back exercises no
        Foot exercises no
        5 fruit and veg only 2
        Ironing finished
        Walk if it dries up rained all day. I can walk in rain, but not the accompanying gales
        Be kind to myself, be grateful tried :)

JFT Wednesday 5th August

Log everything
        Stay in the green
        Back exercises
        Foot exercises
        5 fruit and veg
        Walk if it dries up
        Accept what I cannot change

Today is week 3 weigh in - 1lb lost. So that's 4lbs in three weeks. If I lose another pound next week I'll stick to the higher calorie allowance.
      • SERmom3
        SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
        @HEGoddard0928 - wow! Crazy pictures! Glad you guys are safe. We got the storms last night too. High winds but luckily no damage.

@littleblackskirt - congrats on the weight loss! It’s so smart to give yourself time to try a new process and see how your body reacts. Well done!

TUESDAY:
        - log it all / stay green🔴
        - Fold & put away laundry - wash uniforms🟢
        - Mow???🟢
        - softball - 🔴 rained out
        - Home Depot run to get final paint supplies🔴

I logged my food in advance, but then when the softball games were cancelled i gave in and had pasta and kept snacking on some banana bread. Not my best effort. Today is a new day!

JFT WEDNESDAY:
        - log it all / stay green
        - Clean fish tank
        - Normal chores & budget update
        - Deep clean dining room
        - Pick up paint supplies
        - Go to farm stand for produce