how much weight did you gain or lose during lockdown?

trulyhealy
trulyhealy Posts: 240 Member
i’m curious on what other people have experienced. i lost weight the first half of lockdown by accident i think bc i couldn’t have mcdonald’s and kfc but still ate loads of other calorific foods but since i was trying to lose weight i’ve lost 5lbs

Replies

• gcminton
    gcminton Posts: 170 Member
    I think I gained 5 or so, and have since lost them and another 15. A sizable chunk of that was water weight, though, so not nearly as cool as it sounds. :p
  • amm78197413
    amm78197413 Posts: 3 Member
    I gained all of my inches back due to gyms closed...
  • amm78197413
    amm78197413 Posts: 3 Member
    10 plus all my inches back... I'm so frustrated 😑
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    I've lost about 8lbs, I think due to home cooking and eating out less, plus walking a lot more due to boredom.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,102 Member
    I've lost 6kg (13lbs) since mid March, the same rate as before lock-down.
    I had some trouble adapting to working from home the first weeks (all that food in the house available all the time), but I soon settled into new habits.
    As for exercise, I have a home gym so I didn't have any issues.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    0-2lbs lost. I was pretty much maintaining.
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    I gained about 6lbs and was gutted because I was already overweight. But that's why I'm on here to start losing it! Also looking for friends if anyone wants to add me :)
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Lost 6lbs.
    Should have lost 7lbs which is my normal transition in Spring to my preferred cycling weight but lost motivation and focus when my long distance events got cancelled.

Seen some physique changes as well losing a little upper body muscle as my gym was shut and home training bored me to death but also seen an improvement in lower body muscle from a big increase in cycling volume and higher intensity - roads have been lovely and quiet and weather was good. CV fitness and cycling speed has markedly improved.
  • Cricketmad88
    Cricketmad88 Posts: 415 Member
    Lost 5lb which I put down to chasing my kid around the house!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited August 2020
    Lost 3lbs ...and regained it since LOL - but that's ok, I'm in maintenance anyway..
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    I'm sure I put on a few kilos in the first month. I was so stressed and overworked that everything just went to pieces. I didn't have a working scale but I know how much stress baking I was doing! I then managed to pull myself together (and work because a "new normal" and not as difficult to cope with). Since then I've lost almost 10kg since I was able to start weighing, I estimate it would be actually about a kg or so more than that (I'd been logging and focused for about 2 weeks before I was able to start weighing).

We've been in lockdown since mid-March and we're still in lockdown now with no immediate end in sight so hopefully the trend continues.
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    I've lost about 7 lbs since everything went down in March. Mostly due to not going out to eat each week, and maintaining healthy habits in the house, avoiding reverting to comfort snacks etc.

My gym is doing virtual workouts over zoom, so I've been able to keep up with my fitness routine.
  • YellowD0gs
    YellowD0gs Posts: 693 Member
    I've lost about 18 pounds since March 1. I'm actually having more problems keeping it off with the afternoon heat and humidity around here, and not being able to do much in the late afternoon when it's 100+. Not having a gym available has probably been the worst part. Looking forward to September!
  • DeadsAndDoritos
    DeadsAndDoritos Posts: 267 Member
    Gained 4kg. :(